(3.3) [Chieftain] Thermomix The second, WIP updating

Sorry guys for not giving an update sooner, but as nothing has really changed and breach is readily available to us in legacy i have decided not to touch the guide/build just yet.
Hopefully 3.0 will be kind to us as i am planning to update as i am going trough the revision in the upcoming league.
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
Why no clear mind jewel if we are not reserving mana?
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
Why no clear mind jewel if we are not reserving mana?

No reason other than me wanting to go full hp
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
What are your gem priorities?

I think i'll start leveling with this build.

Flameblast CWC firestorm fire pen for 4 link? and then iron will / inc aoe as 5th?
So... I don't know if anyone is still running this build, but I decided to play the build in 2.6 and seeing what the limits of it's power are. I have gathered some pretty good gear for the build and so far it can do just about ALL content in the game without much issue. I have gone with some slightly different choices (including a 60% clear mind jewel).

I got pretty lucky with the Enchantment on my Helmet and Boots....but so far I really like this build... Here is my Character.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/CrypterPOE/characters <--- MurderDeathFreak
"
Silverdigger wrote:
What are your gem priorities?

I think i'll start leveling with this build.

Flameblast CWC firestorm fire pen for 4 link? and then iron will / inc aoe as 5th?

Yep pretty much, works as a charm until 60, and when it would start falling off you get RF as a huge boost.

"
CrypterPOE wrote:
So... I don't know if anyone is still running this build, but I decided to play the build in 2.6 and seeing what the limits of it's power are. I have gathered some pretty good gear for the build and so far it can do just about ALL content in the game without much issue. I have gone with some slightly different choices (including a 60% clear mind jewel).

I got pretty lucky with the Enchantment on my Helmet and Boots....but so far I really like this build... Here is my Character.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/CrypterPOE/characters <--- MurderDeathFreak

Looks pretty neat.

I will be starting up the guide again once 3.0 hits, taking care of all the necessary changes and adjustments. I cant wait for the "life" meta, it basically evaded all nerfs.
I removed the Flameblast for Scorching Ray. I have a 40% Increased Flameblast Damage Enchanted Formless Inferno... But I am selling it now because I prefer Scorching Ray for this build it suits my playstyle better (so I am actively trying to get a better enchantment on another Formless Inferno now). Anyhow I am still enjoying the build have gotten to level 95 with it so it is certainly viable.
"
CrypterPOE wrote:
I removed the Flameblast for Scorching Ray. I have a 40% Increased Flameblast Damage Enchanted Formless Inferno... But I am selling it now because I prefer Scorching Ray for this build it suits my playstyle better (so I am actively trying to get a better enchantment on another Formless Inferno now). Anyhow I am still enjoying the build have gotten to level 95 with it so it is certainly viable.

Whatever floats your boat, flameblast is definitely clunkier but also packs a bigger punch. But yea, the build is the tankiest ive made so far while maintaining a fair bit of damage. Cant wait for 3.0....
why dont you use vitality since its a great boost to our hp regen?..the blood magic skill tree part is required?
Last edited by merovingian223 on Jun 7, 2017, 12:14:22 AM
"
why dont you use vitality since its a great boost to our hp regen?..the blood magic skill tree part is required?

Vitality gives, 1.5% hp regen, we already have over 20% hp regen with charges and regen from boots. If we are to drop bloodmagic for vitality, we are giving up 25%life and free sustain. We would have to use bloodmagic gem which would force us to drop a support, most likely increased aoe as the other gems are providing tremendous damage bonuses. That hurts our clear speed. If we use bloodmagic, that means our flameblast has doubled in cost, which means we lose that from our hp regen. IF we are not in combat, we would have 1.5% more hp regen, 1460 instead of 1310. If we are in combat we would have the good old 2k hp regen due to 200 from boots and 490 from endurance charges, the vitality bonus is negated by the additional cost on our flameblast.

Hope this explains why i didnt choose to run vitality and why i stuck with blood magic.
Last edited by DevilsmilE on Jun 8, 2017, 11:14:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info