(3.3) [Chieftain] Thermomix The second, WIP updating

"
DevilsmilE wrote:
"
Dbrn wrote:
I'm also now curious on why the build equips 2 curses, with one on cast when damage taken. It would seem that anytime you might want flammability on, it'd just be overwritten by enfeeble.

because i usually run flammability on targets i need the damage, if enfeeble procs, then we need the survivability simple as that, its kind of a safety system

"
Dbrn wrote:
Also, with the price of Xoph in Harbinger League (550c-600c low end, which isn't much of a budget item for me), chances are I won't be able to get it. Do you have a suggestion?

I would like to run a decent Totem, at least for flavor and to take advantage of the leech, is that still not much of an option this league? Not necessary? Too Clunky?

well, a rare amulet with 80hp 50str some fire damage and resist will do just perfectly well

as for totems, they just felt really clunky and added literally no dps to the build as whole, also we didnt have any free slots for it

Makes sense. As I continue leveling and have tried running a totem, I tend to agree. Its one more thing to have to cast/recast when we're already having to stand around casting flameblast. I tried to make a couple different totems work and they were just redundant or died quickly anyway.

I'm digging the build, it's a bit slower than other builds (movement wise) and there have been points where having the necessary INT or DEX is an issue, (like right now actually I've had to craft INT on a piece to continue leveling spells) but the damage is there and it's been pretty fun. It's the sort of Chieftain build I was looking for among the pure totem or pure RF builds.

I think you did a great job with the build, though there are a couple different skill points I'm investing elsewhere for preference (similar stats but different part of the tree), we'll see how it works out. I'm looking forward to actually getting the gear and turning on RF to see how it performs first hand.

Thank you for the response and thinking outside of the box.
Last edited by Dbrn on Aug 28, 2017, 4:19:16 PM
Im really glad you like the build:) As for the tree, you can really feel free to wander around, you can get more damage/castspeed or whatever you feel would make the build more personal. The int issue was mostly solved with jewels for me, also the rare amulet instead of xoph could help a lot easing the stat issue.
The char really comes alive when you finally get RF going, you will truly feel like an incarnation of fire, born from fire, living in fire, thriving in fire.
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
hey guys im playing with this build right now, just added some more healt from purity of flesh and blogless instead of some damage nodes.
i couldnt arrange auras or cast when damage stuff yet, im using drearc for getting flammibility with scorching ray and firestorm but i may turn to flameblast since it doesnt feel safe this way. :)

i have to use flasks for now since this is my first time rf and dont know how to increase regen and drain anymore but its good till this lvl and i will continue to improve it. my chaos resist is 33 now but need better gear for more armor and regen i believe

"
yengold41 wrote:
hey guys im playing with this build right now, just added some more healt from purity of flesh and blogless instead of some damage nodes.
i couldnt arrange auras or cast when damage stuff yet, im using drearc for getting flammibility with scorching ray and firestorm but i may turn to flameblast since it doesnt feel safe this way. :)

i have to use flasks for now since this is my first time rf and dont know how to increase regen and drain anymore but its good till this lvl and i will continue to improve it. my chaos resist is 33 now but need better gear for more armor and regen i believe

Hey, glad you like the build, if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask them.
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
Heya!

Just started PoE and was looking for a build that felt somehow unique und fun to play.
Even though it's not really a beginner/leveling guide I managed to learn the first ropes and it still feels good. Just level 46 by now so still a far way to go to the final play style and no chance to use RF yet. But all in all I like it much better than the 2h sunder Marauder I started with. So thanks for your work and inspiration! :)
the guide needs to be updated for 3.0 it contains outdated information but most of it is still relevant.

the leveling section could be more thorough as leveling a caster as marauder is no easy task expecially in a fresh league. i added some leveling information one or two pages back when i was playing this in fall of oriath beta.

a good guide and build for players who like fire. shame about xoph's heart amulet. currently 10 exalted orbs in harbinger league 2017-09-15. not a realistic option for the vast majority of players and with the nerf to rf, damage output will take a hit.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 15, 2017, 2:31:33 PM
Bandits?
Fun build. This is my first character I have made it to maps with. Started playing POE partway through harbinger league. I managed to do atziri, all 4 guardians, silent council. I did not manage to complete shaper before league ended, but that is due to my inexperience with the fight IMO. My changes to the build are:

-level 1 cwdt + level 8 firestorm + curse on hit + flammability
curses everything automatically.

-shield charge instead of flame dash

Will this build be updated for 3.1? I'm wanting to run another RF build for 3.1 on my Chieftain but none of them seem to be updated.
"
Vorde wrote:
Will this build be updated for 3.1? I'm wanting to run another RF build for 3.1 on my Chieftain but none of them seem to be updated.

this build should work fine. take a look at the user above you https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lildudespider3/characters and the charachter ericanddylan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info