[2.5] CI Blade Flurry Varunastra Assassin (Abyssus)

Ditect's Build Guides!

Overview:

*Disclaimer: NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY.

Varunastra

This is a melee Blade Flurry poison/bleed build, with Varunastra as our main weapon choice.
Varunastra's explicit "Counts as all One Handed Melee Weapon Types" allows pathing of our tree efficiently and also, take advantage of two notable passives, <Adder's Touch> and <Soul Raker>, that are meant to be exclusive to daggers and claws respectively.

Pros:
- insane damage & leech
- very fast waveclear
- facetank bosses with ease
- near capped crit
- can clear most map mods

Cons:
- cannot do phys reflect maps
- we wary of vulnerability maps
- very reliant on flasks ( proper flask management )

Video Showcase

Uber Atziri(Deathless)
Shaper Kill(Can be done deathless, intentional death to sell shaper service)

Character Page ( SDitectBreach )

Ascendancy Choice: Assassin
The CI Blade Flurry Varunastra can be played by using different Ascendancies, but works best with Assassin.

-<Deadly Infusion> helps us to achieve 90+% crit, even with a mere 5% base crit varunastra sword

-<Noxious Strikes> gives us a huge boost to bleed/poison chance

-<Toxic Delivery> effectively doubles our bleed/poison damage, and gives us a 20% extra damage as chaos

Passive Tree:

2.5.0 lvl94 Assassin - 114 points

2.6.0 lvl90 Assassin - 110 points

Passives Discussion

Mana nodes - for skyforth's (Stun Threshold is based on 500% of your Mana instead of Life) stun mitigation to work, we need a minimum of 1000 mana. The higher the better

Flask nodes - this build is very dependent on it's flask uptime to provide physical mitigation and damage. This brings our flask uptime to around 9s with 2 uses at 130% effect. More than enough for boss fights

Deadly Dilettante cluster - Best cluster for the Varunastra weapon, triples it's effectiveness

<Adder's Touch> - Adds 30% additional poison chance, great boost to our damage

<Soul Raker> - provides good life and mana leech.

Bandits - passive (Kill) --> 8% Attack Speed (Kraityn) --> Power Charge (Alira)

Bandit Discussion
Passive - no need for life, mana or elemental resistance. Passive point is superior

8% Attack Speed - we take attack speed over physical damage so that we can shield charge quicker, and get to 6 blade flurry stacks faster

Power Charge - it is essential for assassin, since it's efficiency is greatly increased through the <Deadly Infusion> node

Gear:

Breach Sc Character - SDitectBreach

Equipped
-Can be improved-
or

Gear discussion

Taste of Hate, Granite, Basalt - this flask setup is crucial for an abyssus build, as it provides essential physical mitigation(47% phys reduc + 3900 armor) to counteract it's downside (40-50% increased physical damage taken).

Skyforths - Stun mitigation (Stun Threshold is based on 500% of your Mana instead of Life) & Consistent power charge generation (25% chance to gain a Power Charge on Critical Strike), also frees up a slot for either amulet or ring to get more damage, since we are not limited to either eye of chayula or valyrium.

Jaws of agony - Weapon swap placemment. Helps to generate quick power charges (25% chance to gain a Power Charge on Throwing a Trap). Use Fire Trap - Cluster Trap - Multi trap. Fire trap for low mana cost, cluster and multi trap since each trap rolls a chance to gain PC

Voidheart - Even faster boss killing with higher poison damage. (especially bosses with phases) <Noxious Strikes> gives us (Attacks have 30% chance to cause Bleeding) and (40% chance to Poison on Hit against Bleeding Enemies).
[without voidheart] If the boss does not bleed, we only have a 30% chance to poison them(toxic delivery) , and brought up to 70% poison if they bleed. ( which takes a while with 30% chance to bleed )
[with voidheart] Voidheart and Toxic delivery can potentially bring it up to 80% bleed and 100% poison chance if they bleed ( the bleed debuff is quickly inflicted since we have 80% bleed chance )

Gems and Links:

3L Weapon: Vaal Haste - Blood Rage - Inc Duration

3L Shield: Wither - Spell Totem - Faster Casting

3L4S Helm: Immortal Call - Vaal Lightning Trap - CWDT - Inc Duration

4L Gloves: Vulnerability - Blasphemy - Discipline - Herald of Ash

4L Boots: Shield Charge - Fortify - Faster Attacks - Culling Strike

6L Chest: Blade Flurry - Melee Physical Damage - Inc Crit Strikes - Inc AOE - Faster Attacks -Melee Physical Damage on full life (6th link)

Gems Discussion

To deal with over degen from blood rage, i put the gem itself either on my weapon or my shield, so when i have nothing to leech off of, i can just weapon swap to and fro to disable the blood rage effect.

Stats:

Offensive Stats
level 94

Fully Buffed
Increased AoE

Conc Effect

Defensive Stats
level 94

TBA

FAQ:

Important asked questions will be listed here!

What can i do if i don't have a SkyForths?
The skyforge is mainly there to deal with stun and our power charge consistency problems.
We can make use of Storm Prison and Jaws of Agony Uniques on our off hand to generate power charges quickly.
For stuns, we can use either Valyrium or an Eye of Chayula.

Feats:

- Deathless Shaper
- Deathless Guardians (Phoenix, Hydra, Chimera, Minotaur)
- Deathless Uber Atziri
- Deathless Vaal temple (Vulnerability cursed)
- Achieved 40/40 with this build alone

UPDATE LIST
Spoiler

13/1/17 - added offense screenshot
07/1/17 - first reply :D
07/1/17 - made art
05/1/17 - made build guide
Last edited by Ditect on Mar 5, 2017, 2:11:47 AM
Last bumped on May 9, 2017, 10:14:45 PM
Reserved
Very nice guide, how do you compare your damage output versus other popular BF builds with Scourge claws or Bino + death's hand ? I watched your video, this build can kill uber and shaper rather smoothly.
will this build without skyforce?
"
Brown14 wrote:
Very nice guide, how do you compare your damage output versus other popular BF builds with Scourge claws or Bino + death's hand ? I watched your video, this build can kill uber and shaper rather smoothly.

In comparison with unchained's abyssus dual scourge build, my damage is lacking quite a bit. But the reason this is so, is because i feel that my damage is already at a point where i can clear shaper, uber atziri and endgame content quick enough already. My defenses are superior, with 9.4k es since i am able to have a shield in my off hand.

The damage is superior to a Bino + death's hand combo. Bino's is meant to be a cheap leveling weapon for blade flurry builds, lasting you to around T13/4s until you either get a better rare dagger, or swap to a varunastra.
"
josheek1 wrote:
will this build without skyforge?

Yes, this build is doable without skyforge. The skyforge is mainly there to deal with stun and our power charge consistency problems.
We can make use of Storm Prison and Jaws of Agony Uniques on our off hand to generate power charges quickly.
For stuns, we can use either Valyrium or an Eye of Chayula.
"
Ditect wrote:

In comparison with unchained's abyssus dual scourge build, my damage is lacking quite a bit. But the reason this is so, is because i feel that my damage is already at a point where i can clear shaper, uber atziri and endgame content quick enough already. My defenses are superior, with 9.4k es since i am able to have a shield in my off hand.

The damage is superior to a Bino + death's hand combo. Bino's is meant to be a cheap leveling weapon for blade flurry builds, lasting you to around T13/4s until you either get a better rare dagger, or swap to a varunastra.

Thank you for your reply, i've seen from your video that you have 2 versions of BF, one with COE + block, the other is Abyssus, may i ask which version do you recommend for uber farm ?
"
Brown14 wrote:

Thank you for your reply, i've seen from your video that you have 2 versions of BF, one with COE + block, the other is Abyssus, may i ask which version do you recommend for uber farm ?

I would recommend the Abyssus version for uber farming. Reason is, with the abyssus version, the damage is high enough to bring Atziri to her next phases before she can cast a single spell. Additionally, the es is high enough to tank a flameblast or a spear if we make a mistake.
The CoE version however, is slightly lacking damage in comparison to the Abyssus variant. Not quick enough to bring Atziri to her next phase before she casts a flameblast. Can be done, but would require much more skill.
The abyssus variant would be much faster.
Last edited by Ditect on Jan 6, 2017, 11:20:27 PM
"
Ditect wrote:
"
Brown14 wrote:

I would recommend the Abyssus version for uber farming. Reason is, with the abyssus version, the damage is high enough to bring Atziri to her next phases before she can cast a single spell. Additionally, the es is high enough to tank a flameblast or a spear if we make a mistake.
The CoE version however, is slightly lacking damage in comparison to the Abyssus variant. Not quick enough to bring Atziri to her next phase before she casts a flameblast. Can be done, but would require much more skill.
The abyssus variant would be much faster.

Thanks again, will definitely try this build, i have all the requirements.
"
Brown14 wrote:

Thanks again, will definitely try this build, i have all the requirements.

No problem! Hope you enjoy it as much as i did! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info