Why does POE hate standard players?

My thread with same topic is in gameplay help and discussion as it belongs there, so I will just copy paste my opener :

Can anyone link/quote me the reason why new league content is exclusive to leagues?

Why I ask? Because I have been thinking lately, after absolutely hating getting 15th char to 90 (not much, but with fps drops it is much) I see no reason for example why we wouldn't have temporary league content in standard at the same time as leagues.

Let's face it, standard economy canno't be called economy, so having temp league content at the same time can't do anything that would break it even more to it.

Everyone who wants a fresh start and challenges can play league. Why not put league content, without challenges and fresh start into standard? This way I feel forced every 3 months to invest huge amount of hours to buy all the league specific uniques and that way not to have sense of missing out.

Is it because then, people would play more standard and less new leagues?

I'm slightly sick of this, because there is no big pause in between leagues so I can play with stuff I gathered (I play as a collector), new league starts immeadiately and I have to grind again not to miss out "50 new uniques".

Anyone out there who is playing specifically standard and likes? Is it worth to skip a league and just buy items in standard once prices stabilize?

It is right now so hard for me to stop playing breach, because let's look at prophecy league. There I made 6l reach and saved few legacy ones for later. I could buy them at affordable price while playing that league and gather all the league specific uniques. If i skipped that league back then, I would have to pay ungodly (by casual player means) amount of exalts to get a legacy one for a collection.

And I keep asking myself, if I stop playing breach league, what is the unique I will miss out that could be awesome once someone thinks of a good build and it would be out of my reach if i decided to roll standard.

I'm not suggesting or thinking about changing temporary league, but standard league, as it has only become a needed dumpster for flushes every 3 months.

Temporary leagues are about challenges and leaderboards supposedly, all with fresh starts, so why stop the standard from having fun without affecting temporary league in any way?

PS. I'm all fine with having leagues this way, when I can afford myself to play 10 hours a day for a month to get all items/challenges, but in the long run it is simply not feasible and shows that game is broken on so many areas that we need temp leagues.
Spreading salt since 2006
The point of above post is, why not have league content in standard at the same time?

People who want fresh start can have their fun being op in temp, and standard people can play on their own without suffering being disconnected from new content all the time.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Necromael wrote:
The point of above post is, why not have league content in standard at the same time?

People who want fresh start can have their fun being op in temp, and standard people can play on their own without suffering being disconnected from new content all the time.

Probably because people in standard could simply buy every piece of new gear and never even need to run the new content.
I guess the majority would run it through once or twice with their high level geared characters just to see what's up.
And then what would be the incentive for the player base to play the temp league when they could just do it in standard as well?
Temp league content is often added to the core game after the league has ended in one shape or another, allowing standard players to see what's new.
But it makes 0 sense to add the content while the temp league is up.
Last edited by TheDudeOfGaming on Dec 21, 2016, 5:33:18 AM
"
Necromael wrote:

Sadly its because Leagues are nothing more than an excuse to use the player base as beta testers for whats added to the core game.

They dont want "broken" stuff to affect the core game but broken stuff gets through all the time.

The only thing leagues have going for them for standard league players are the possibility of potential broken items going legacy.

Thats pretty much the only reason i play leagues, the only other reason is challenge rewards. I dont even bother with the leagues too much either if the challenge rewards arent that great.

Essence league didnt have much of that, rewards werent very good either soo i didnt stick around for more than a couple weeks.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Dec 21, 2016, 5:40:07 AM
If you're playing standard you should be doing it for fun, not because you care so much about what other people think. Oh, it must be so terrible being able to afford any build in the world you want and facesmashing the hardest content in the game.
anything is everything
"
Krayken wrote:
"
I'm not going to sugar coat this and it will be a simple answer.

- Because you aren't important
- All balancing is directed at the leagues
- Every single decision etc is for the leagues

You're just a well harsh once more a ''dumping ground''

That's it.

No coats
No nothing

Straight answer that's fact.

Pretty bad, Elitist reply.

Here is some facts for you dinosaur :

1. Mathil can destroy all content with 5 link life based bino's blade flurry.
2. You struggle with 6 link + god tier blade flurry to the point of complaining all over the forums. Had to reroll blade vortex for some skilless, brainless, unchallenging play.
3. You earn your god tier gear via private indexer + playing 24/7, yet doesn't stream to earn a living which makes me think you live off your daddy's money.

Hard facts.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything what I said? LOL my money is earned from killing people I'm fine with that.

Literally what you just said had NOTHING to do what I just replied too like wtf ''dawg'' It's like you're one of those people who I make fun of right and they link me their piece of gear as an ''insult'' LOL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Dec 21, 2016, 10:04:28 AM
It was because of your line "you aren't important" that triggered me.

Why would standard league not be important to POE devs? They are important. The ony reason why i play leagues is to get league specific items to later try on my standard toons. I'm not the only one that does that, Not the only one who cares about his standard stuff. Peoples like you need to realize that streamers aren't the average poe players who has to work for a living. Average players cannot play 16 hours a day and be lvl 90 within two days of a league and get filthy rich in the early-league economy. Some players can only access higher content or can only achieve their dream characters in standard league.

Sometimes i feel like i'm the only one who makes the effort to switch from temp leagues to standard to make the small trades (which is a huge pain in the ass to do). The amount of gratefulness i receive for doing that is abnormal, meaning that trading is an absolute nightmare for standard players. The thread starter is absolutely right : it feels like the POE devs hate standard players. Why not implement the damn Auction House that everyone wants?

Right now peoples like you who plays 24-7 gets a huge economic advantage solely on the fact that you're always online to perform trades, while normal peoples only get a 2-4 windows a day to do so. Add on the fact that peoples (like you) who uses private indexers have a huge economic advantage by being able to whisper players several seconds before poe.trade users and it feels like we're being cheated by the trade system. Thats why we need an auction house.

What I find ironic is that you say that standard players aren't important, but yet you feel like YOU are important enough to keep us tuned with your POE journey with a new thread every single day as if it was a duty for the queen to inform the plebe. Oh so you're close to 40/40? Who the fuck cares? Oh so you struggle with blade flurry and are forced to switch for the next META? Who the hell cares? Oh so you hate trading so much!!!!!! Well how about you try trading without your private indexer, see how enjoyable it is to trade like the plebe.
Last edited by Krayken on Dec 21, 2016, 10:55:50 AM
Yo you are so fucking mad LOL and I don't use a private indexer I have people who do that for me like get your facts straight.

Obviously you care enough to continue to reply to me

GRATS.

I simply stated the harsh truth and people agree with me ROFL SORRY THEY DON'T CARE.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Dec 21, 2016, 10:55:17 AM
You seem more mad than me. I'm not mad at all. I just want poe to treat standard league better. Did you even read my post?

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Dec 21, 2016, 2:01:36 PM
Dude you wrote an essay replying to me ffs LOL and you think I'm mad? They're not going to treat you better because you're simply once more a dumping ground ''dawg'' every single thing is about leagues

Leagues Leagues

Why do you think has standard legacy shit?
Why do you think the economy is so fucking stupid other higher tier people then me are controlling it?

Accept that or whine more your fucking choice or be mad like you're doing right now LMAO get triggered dude.

I didn't do shit to you and you incite me? Aite les go.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Dec 21, 2016, 11:05:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info