[2.6] Classic Crit Autoherald Bomber - perfect for Lake to Strand farming

"
Tsyun wrote:
will this build remade for 2.6 ??

well, nothing has changed much for the build in 2.6 so it still works , but ill update it sometime in the future
I'm doing a CI version of this build, using Vaal Pact/Ghost Reaver and leach on Herald of Thunder, I'm wondering if the leach would be better on HoI. You can check what I have on character NomadIceSpearPopTarts. Once I sell my six link Perfect From, I'm going to add Ice Bite to generate frenzy charges. I get to 89, I'll be running Arctic Armour as well, for a little extra mitigation.

To be clear, I'm not really running a pure autobomber, as I use orb of storm frequently to curse on hit (warlords mark for endurance charges and extra leach, which has helped dramatically against rares and uniques) and gain initial power charges. Right now, I'm running Tier 8/9's with out issue. Gear is not exactly optimized yet (I still have oak as my first bandit reward). I believe my version has some legs with GG gear.

With that said, even if this cant grind guardians or something, it one of the funnest builds I've played.
"
Billydanomad wrote:
I'm doing a CI version of this build, using Vaal Pact/Ghost Reaver and leach on Herald of Thunder, I'm wondering if the leach would be better on HoI. You can check what I have on character NomadIceSpearPopTarts. Once I sell my six link Perfect From, I'm going to add Ice Bite to generate frenzy charges. I get to 89, I'll be running Arctic Armour as well, for a little extra mitigation.

To be clear, I'm not really running a pure autobomber, as I use orb of storm frequently to curse on hit (warlords mark for endurance charges and extra leach, which has helped dramatically against rares and uniques) and gain initial power charges. Right now, I'm running Tier 8/9's with out issue. Gear is not exactly optimized yet (I still have oak as my first bandit reward). I believe my version has some legs with GG gear.

With that said, even if this cant grind guardians or something, it one of the funnest builds I've played.

Thanks for enjoying the build :D

I saw your gear And I have a few tips:

Get a lightning pen vinktar. You have vp, and you're be running and clearing packs at the speed of light, so you should have vinktar up at pretty much all times. That means you can drop the leech gem for HoT and you can use another damage link (like crit multi).

Once you craft a better helmet you should also drop your shield for another dorianys.

Also, buy some level 20 heralds. You should now be able to clear early red maps.
"
Aimmboat wrote:
"
Billydanomad wrote:

Thanks for enjoying the build :D

I saw your gear And I have a few tips:

Get a lightning pen vinktar. You have vp, and you're be running and clearing packs at the speed of light, so you should have vinktar up at pretty much all times. That means you can drop the leech gem for HoT and you can use another damage link (like crit multi).

Once you craft a better helmet you should also drop your shield for another dorianys.

Also, buy some level 20 heralds. You should now be able to clear early red maps.

Ya, the helmet and vinktar are whats needed, but I burned most of my currency trying to craft a helm. I do have a new five link chest with 700ES. Just if my six link perfect form sells.

Edit: Got some new gear, six link now active, helmet is decent now, and got some boots, oh and a ring.

Dont need the templar reduced mana nodes, Arctic Armour is impossible as no links for it, so switched to the witch reserve node and respeced the one remaining.
Last edited by Billydanomad on Mar 22, 2017, 5:19:16 PM
What do you think of:

As a weapon swap for single target? I'm too squishy without a shield, so cant use dual doranyis, but still, my single target is kinda bad against some bosses. Obv it'll be five/six linked.

Playing around with it in path of building, it seems storm call can get decent DPS, great if you consider the heralds also proc'ing with Orb of Storms adding its little bit.
Last edited by Billydanomad on Mar 23, 2017, 1:17:54 AM
"
Billydanomad wrote:
What do you think of:

As a weapon swap for single target? I'm too squishy without a shield, so cant use dual doranyis, but still, my single target is kinda bad against some bosses. Obv it'll be five/six linked.

Playing around with it in path of building, it seems storm call can get decent DPS, great if you consider the heralds also proc'ing with Orb of Storms adding its little bit.

If it works for you then it should be fine.

Although for convenience' sake i would put my heralds on my essence helm/boots and put my single target on my chest. The only problem, once again is getting enough ES on your helm/boots crafting with essences.
"
Aimmboat wrote:
"
Billydanomad wrote:
What do you think of:

If it works for you then it should be fine.

Although for convenience' sake i would put my heralds on my essence helm/boots and put my single target on my chest. The only problem, once again is getting enough ES on your helm/boots crafting with essences.

Playing with it for a bit now, it's only certain bosses I have issues with. I handle Vault fine, but excavation, I cant do to save my life. I tried the five link realm and its not really working. I was hoping to push this build to do guardians and such, but I think its going to be a map clear, but it's really fun.
Video of shaped strand please?
"
ZePample wrote:
Video of shaped strand please?

Hook me up with a shaped strange and I'll show you in person.
So, in pushing this build to the max, it seems the biggest issue I face is stun lock. I can run uber lab, ran t13 maps, but bosses with no adds take a bit of time and kiting, ones with adds, I can face tank with my leach, as long as I do not get stunned locked. Just ran Xoph, had enough damage to face tank hitting the adds, but his hits stunned me over and over which stopped my leach. I would consider going back to life based, but I do not think it can get the damage or the general survivability Ci does.

Prob have to farm uber to get the stun enchant on the boots. Getting the ring neuters damage too much. Skyforth would work but no way I can grind that much currency, and the amulet slot is locked. Cast on stun works great for clearing maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info