[2.5] Elemental Monstrosity - Decimate all content on a budget

"
Rangeless wrote:
"
Hi guys, im the guy who's trying to achieve this build with Life instead ES.

Here's my tree atm; http://poeplanner.com/AAQAANEFGwBm-d2LjEqYzGaUXMBmBLOiAPAfPAXvfJ_fmjuCm-w4KU9rt0VHMtHr7hzcuJMo-oLH-ehBh7c-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRbXybqpKyD8nKk0A7izpFSDdDVuvDY0V9mJ5AAaHduOfSn1noE4qI9NvJ5pqj2B9W6xHUUzKSm-e8bNLV8DjnKSHE3cHX7CbtcM6Kjgkiw-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC6cI2CQ2xR8CBAeD21XGOlhMs5eVUlM9X5f0IG5QMEfiIuKkOYV9AAAAAAA=

I still don't have Call of the Brotherhood, Choir of the Storm, and running in a 5L (Inc. Crit, Inc. Aoe, Blade Flurry, Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage).

My items are pretty good, my claws have the best rolls and i got 1.5k dps tooltip with all charges up.

What's wrong with my build? I can't believe that Call of the Brotherhood + Choir will increase my DPS in 10k.

Please help!

There's not enough intelligence on the tree and pathing to get the extra power charge in templar isn't worth it when you can pick up the claw/lighting dmg nodes above shadow. As for int, that is why it is much better to go ci/low life compared to life because that means less points invested in es nodes as int = dmg. I compared some gear and roughly concluded that a node of 30 int is like the equivalent of 18% ele dmg. It's a huge difference in DPS from 300-500 int to the 800-1k int.

Other things to keep in mind:

-Accuracy must be over 85%
-High int in all gear if possible
- quality jewels focusing on attack speed, crit chance, and crit multi (since tree lacks that)
-Proper flask setup (Don't feel you have to go glass cannon. I personally use 2 utility and 3 dmg flasks)

Also. Try experimenting Astramentis (ammy giving all stats 100~) vs Choir. But no. it won't increase dps by 10k...

From my testing, choir is ONLY slightly better in the long run because 50% bonus lightning dmg on crit, lightning bolts, and 10-15% more crit procs inevitable judgment. Works wonders with vinktars because the added lightning res is added as crit chance.

Astramentis is still better for me because I keep 400 es from int and I don't have to invest any strength on the tree to use my Ancestral Warchief. This gives me more points on the tree to go for jewels.

Feel free to look at my profile. I am running a similar build with 870 int, 6l 15.9k (inc aoe) with buffs, AND about 120k on 4l warchief.

Fantastic in-depth post. I agree with a lot of your statements here and I get questions about things like this fairly often. This build is nearly identical to whispering ice in terms of int being our best stacking stat along aside with accuracy. The difference between a character having 600 int and 800 int isn't even comparable and you will notice it in your clear speed/boss kill speed right away.
My IGN: Casual_Noob
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1780618 Craft/Boss Thread Vouch and info
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1791405 Mirror Thread Vouch and info
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1792763 Ele Blade Flurry Guide
Contact me @Casual_Noob
"
Hi guys, im the guy who's trying to achieve this build with Life instead ES.

Here's my tree atm; http://poeplanner.com/AAQAANEFGwBm-d2LjEqYzGaUXMBmBLOiAPAfPAXvfJ_fmjuCm-w4KU9rt0VHMtHr7hzcuJMo-oLH-ehBh7c-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRbXybqpKyD8nKk0A7izpFSDdDVuvDY0V9mJ5AAaHduOfSn1noE4qI9NvJ5pqj2B9W6xHUUzKSm-e8bNLV8DjnKSHE3cHX7CbtcM6Kjgkiw-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC6cI2CQ2xR8CBAeD21XGOlhMs5eVUlM9X5f0IG5QMEfiIuKkOYV9AAAAAAA=

I still don't have Call of the Brotherhood, Choir of the Storm, and running in a 5L (Inc. Crit, Inc. Aoe, Blade Flurry, Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage).

My items are pretty good, my claws have the best rolls and i got 1.5k dps tooltip with all charges up.

What's wrong with my build? I can't believe that Call of the Brotherhood + Choir will increase my DPS in 10k.

Please help!

The part where you have no crit nodes at all? Energy shield nodes are usually not that out of the way and you can reach both power charge nodes and crit nodes easier. There's nothing to be done there for you.

But thats not the most important part. This build is all about stacking INT, which you dont have much. INT also works best with ES, not life, and INT and life are rarely near each other.
Last edited by Laue on Dec 22, 2016, 6:36:28 AM
"
Wooxy117 wrote:

Hey could you post your passives please and your character page? Your gear looks fine so I am unsure how you are having troubles but maybe I can spot it somewhere.

Skill tree is identical to your Ascendant one. It feels like I stop doing damage the second elemental resistance comes in, which is all bosses.
What links should be prioritized in a 5L set-up?

Should faster attacks be the "take it if you can get it" gem for the 6L?
Dinged 95, gonna roll something else since it happens i still died 3 times this level and i hate that, anyway i used a slighty different tree ( flask nodes + es witch ) and gem setup, things i wanted/want to do

- upgrading 2nd claw
- getting %es on the ring
- getting boot enchant which is a HUGE dps boost

"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
Would Vinktars help on this build or is onslaught flask better? I saw nobody using it.
I've been running this build for a week now.

My current gear:
Spoiler

switched to Astramentis cuz I have it from whispering ice build and the difference between 600 and 800 int is tremendous, also to free up some skill points.

Skill tree with Jewels:

Stats in HO with Herald of Thunder, Purity, Ice Golem and Discipline on, w/o any buffs:
Spoiler

I can easily farm up to T16 and clear speed is great, breaches are easy with vaal haste and flasks.
Got my first ever Shaper kill today after a couple of tries(I know its more of a practice thing then the build). For bosses I swap inc AoE to added lightning dmg, tooltip dmg is about 13-14k with buffs.

But my main concern is still boss damage and therefore leech speed and overall squishiness. It feels that I am not doing enough damage to feel "powerful" and can't really "decimate" even guardians.

I can see how I can improve my gear with more INT but helm/glove upgrades with decent stats + int costs are so high I dont know if its even worth it at this point.

I really want to continue playing this build but it seems like I hit a brickwall and getting a couple of shield % nodes in the next 4-5 levels will add like 1k ES and thats all.

Any tips?

------- UPDATE ----------

Well I've added second Fertile Mind, helmet with a bit of int and another jewel socket. Sitting at 1004 int and 9344 ES. And now I can finally feel the power :) Not as tanky as I probably wanted but the single target dmg is finally there and I can outleech twinned core and even shapers beam.

But again its nowhere as budget and overall cost of gear is well over 60ex now :/ But I guess its the price for decimation and clear speed:)

---

Aaand I got Shaper deathless pretty easily.
Last edited by wesStyle on Dec 23, 2016, 6:58:37 PM
Alright, I leveled a Templar to test out the difference, and yes, the resistance ignore on crit has increased my damage tremendously, in fact, aside from the great STR/INT nodes on Ascedant, the Ascendant nodes suck.

Sure, my Templar has a bit of lacking STR, but boy does he hit hard. Far harder. So yeah, I suggest to take Ascendant of that list. She sucks :<
What about enchantments guys? anyone test radius or damage? if 12% radius is good we can swap of inc area.. Any thoughts?
My build is better. RAIDERRRRRZ
ekSi - making GG builds since 1999

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info