[2.5] Elemental Monstrosity - Decimate all content on a budget

"
"
kayklown wrote:
Not seeing how you generate your power charges. Are the links not correct? some of the choices make me think they aren't. Also if you have your res capped, what would you recommend over the purity of elements? Perhaps a blasphemy?

Look at his boots. I'm guessing you don't know what Skyforth's are.

All right, perhaps I didn't read them, because they are not available to most people, and he mentions budget versions as well, and there are no links in his budget boots. So my questions still stand.
Last edited by kayklown on Dec 14, 2016, 1:51:29 AM
"
kayklown wrote:
"
"
kayklown wrote:
Not seeing how you generate your power charges. Are the links not correct? some of the choices make me think they aren't. Also if you have your res capped, what would you recommend over the purity of elements? Perhaps a blasphemy?

Look at his boots. I'm guessing you don't know what Skyforth's are.

All right, perhaps I didn't read them, because they are not available to most people, and he mentions budget versions as well, and there are no links in his budget boots. So my questions still stand.

This is a fantastic question. I have added the question and answer in the guide above but I will answer here for personal clarity.

Without skyforth, you need to either run blasphemy assassin's mark or orb of storms with pcoc. I used orb of storms with pcoc and it worked very well!
My IGN: Casual_Noob
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1780618 Craft/Boss Thread Vouch and info
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1791405 Mirror Thread Vouch and info
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1792763 Ele Blade Flurry Guide
Contact me @Casual_Noob
"
Wooxy117 wrote:

This is a fantastic question. I have added the question and answer in the guide above but I will answer here for personal clarity.

Without skyforth, you need to either run blasphemy assassin's mark or orb of storms with pcoc. I used orb of storms with pcoc and it worked very well!

And what about the 3rd aura, if my resists are capped? would a blasphemy + curse be good? or perhaps something else would be better.
Last edited by kayklown on Dec 14, 2016, 2:38:24 AM
"
kayklown wrote:
"
Wooxy117 wrote:

And what about the 3rd aura, if my resists are capped? would a blasphemy + curse be good? or perhaps something else would be better.

So I have tried multiple aura setups. My favorite was double herald+disc and it made the clear speed very strong and boss killing even stronger. You don't need ele weakness or anything if you play inquis and assassin's mark isn't really needed either. Wrath also is not a good option because a lot of your damage is cold damage so wasting a long chunk of mana for a small buff. Haste might be a good choice but honestly double herald beats it for this build unless your attack speed is very low.

I still use purities even if overcapped due to choir amulet, so the more lightning resist you get the more crit you get and that is a very important aspect of this build if you play a crit version.
Contact me @Casual_Noob
"
Wooxy117 wrote:
"
kayklown wrote:
"
Wooxy117 wrote:

So I have tried multiple aura setups. My favorite was double herald+disc and it made the clear speed very strong and boss killing even stronger. You don't need ele weakness or anything if you play inquis and assassin's mark isn't really needed either. Wrath also is not a good option because a lot of your damage is cold damage so wasting a long chunk of mana for a small buff. Haste might be a good choice but honestly double herald beats it for this build unless your attack speed is very low.

I still use purities even if overcapped due to choir amulet, so the more lightning resist you get the more crit you get and that is a very important aspect of this build if you play a crit version.

All right, thank you very much for the answers, I'll use the double herald as I need to use chayula instead of that amulet =p Thank you.

EDIT: If your resists are capped, why not run purity of lightning instead? wouldn't that add even more lightning res?
Last edited by kayklown on Dec 14, 2016, 3:32:38 AM
"
SUPEROUMAN wrote:
"
hey bud
thx for the build
1) i highly dislike the blade flurry meta, can you suggest an alternative skill which could be useful here? i like the general concept.

2) got a skyforth sitting in my stash ready for use! and you have really high end gear, and still "only" 9k ES (only 156% ES from inquisitor): how to survive when having not ultra high end gear like you? in which state did you do uber atziri for example?

blade flurry is BiS for ele attack builds because of the very high attack speed. You can use reave but you lose one gem slot on multristrike.

is this the final answer?
alternatively cyclone comes in my mind, comments?

also i'm not looking for BiS, just for an alternative!
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Dec 14, 2016, 4:24:48 AM
"
"
SUPEROUMAN wrote:
"
hey bud
thx for the build
1) i highly dislike the blade flurry meta, can you suggest an alternative skill which could be useful here? i like the general concept.

2) got a skyforth sitting in my stash ready for use! and you have really high end gear, and still "only" 9k ES (only 156% ES from inquisitor): how to survive when having not ultra high end gear like you? in which state did you do uber atziri for example?

blade flurry is BiS for ele attack builds because of the very high attack speed. You can use reave but you lose one gem slot on multristrike.

is this the final answer?
alternatively cyclone comes in my mind, comments?

also i'm not looking for BiS, just for an alternative!

You can run many builds using these claws and passives. For example, cyclone with this build would play very safe and have a solid clear speed. You could even run spectral throw with some slight tweaks to the passives.
Contact me @Casual_Noob
o sry man i didn't see that you edited your FAQ section.

how would you change the passives for spectral throw?

i was thinking about lightning strike (yes, i love the skill) for 90% of trash clearing and maybe something impactful for bosses (maybe BF then or spectral throw..)
spectral throw + lightning strike could synergize well with some projectile passives ofc, if there are some lol
Hi, thanks for the guide, definitely helped me deciding on a build to play next.

Just one question. I've decided to go the Trickster route for HC reasons, since the extra 250 ES is invaluable and serves to replace the lack of a shield. However, it doesn't have the "crits ignore elemental resists" that inquisitor has.
Do you think this will be a problem? I'm guessing the damage is high enough for it to not matter so much, but wanted some input on that.

I've also modified the tree a little bit. Gave it a bit more defense at the cost of some AoE and a tiny bit of intelligence, but I felt that the extra ES was needed (Melding cluster). Remaining points after lvl 90 would be allocated into the ES nodes on top of scion.
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAPEmGAB2AAYA7gEJDXwNjQ5ID8QRLxFQEZYVIBXXFfYZtCBuIvQj0yepKgsqOCpNKwosvyzpLYM1uTqzO3w9X0ZxTLNOKlAwUUxSU1ZjW69d8l9qX7BieWwLbRluaW8nb55wUncHfVt_xoMJhMWGroazhxOJ04w2j2CP-pAKkyeXlZf0mmqbtZykoS-io6crrEe0DLjKuNm-ir6nwcXDOspKytPQH9DQ3Q3dSOq67Bjv69lbGyVLrukC1fjw1UlRY0NHBvLhPydKyOUZtDj79ZeXRXxyw6sLzAbviPk3189JsYsOWrn5pHDUTIN0gQkgo6MAAAAAAA==
Last edited by Rynphos on Dec 14, 2016, 2:28:31 PM
In your leveling section you put use cleave with the claws -- that wont work, cleave doesn't work with claws.. Not sure if you meant reave instead.

So far.. liking the build (not far in leveling it yet though)

Also, what do you recommend in a 5 link (what gem to drop).. didnt want to invest in a 6 till I knew I like the build.
Last edited by Baugoti on Dec 14, 2016, 3:45:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info