[2.5] Elemental Monstrosity - Decimate all content on a budget

Since you don't want to post a leveling guide for skills which is understandable it's a lot of work.

What part of the tree should I focus on while leveling, currently level 55 and having a very hard time staying alive while going through content. I focused on getting all of the stuff at the bottom of the tree (life-leech nodes) and not sure if I made a mistake or not.

Build feels pretty awful at the point i'm at currently not giving up yet just figure I built the tree wrong.
"
vBlitzO wrote:
Since you don't want to post a leveling guide for skills which is understandable it's a lot of work.

What part of the tree should I focus on while leveling, currently level 55 and having a very hard time staying alive while going through content. I focused on getting all of the stuff at the bottom of the tree (life-leech nodes) and not sure if I made a mistake or not.

Build feels pretty awful at the point i'm at currently not giving up yet just figure I built the tree wrong.

You'd probably be best off just using Whispering Ice until you can switch the the claws and BF. All the gear and INT stacking works the same with that build, and it'd be easy enough to get one 5 or 6 sockets cheap. Faceroll the content until you hit 70 and can switch the claws and Blade Flurry.
"
vBlitzO wrote:

This is most likely due to you not having enough mitigation for the current content you are in. You should be grabbing hp nodes while leveling if you are not experienced with leveling 1-70. As for your passives, yes going to the leech nodes is very important to do as the first priority.
My IGN: Casual_Noob
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1780618 Craft/Boss Thread Vouch and info
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1791405 Mirror Thread Vouch and info
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1792763 Ele Blade Flurry Guide
Contact me @Casual_Noob
"
DjNanos wrote:
to the ones that played with it (and the author)
Is it stronger that the phys claws build or almost the same?
im asking bcs i got some currency saved up and i saw that phys was is way more expensive

I find this to be much stronger than the scourge/dagger builds are. I have played pretty much every variation of viable bladeflurry to test.
Contact me @Casual_Noob
To me personally the easiest way to level is to use dual wield unupgraded version claws with cyclone and Blasphemy + Warlord's mark. Just rolling in the breaches and never die.

But now i'm kinda struggling in higher level cold and lightning breaches because in cold ones i got chilled and frozen too often and my unfreeze flask gets depleted pretty quickly. And the lightning ones is most lethal because it's rares just permastuns me and i have no defence against it. What you suggest me to do?

Sitting at 7k ES all res capped. Gems are 17-18 level. My gear:
Spoiler

Crit chance currently is 38% not that amazing. Actually i felt way safer when used cyclone but my clear speed was way lower ofc.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
To me personally the easiest way to level is to use dual wield unupgraded version claws with cyclone and Blasphemy + Warlord's mark. Just rolling in the breaches and never die.

But now i'm kinda struggling in higher level cold and lightning breaches because in cold ones i got chilled and frozen too often and my unfreeze flask gets depleted pretty quickly. And the lightning ones is most lethal because it's rares just permastuns me and i have no defence against it. What you suggest me to do?

Sitting at 7k ES all res capped. Gems are 17-18 level. My gear:
Spoiler

Crit chance currently is 38% not that amazing. Actually i felt way safer when used cyclone but my clear speed was way lower ofc.

You need a chayula, skyforth, or the stun ring based on es%. This build won't function without it very well.
Contact me @Casual_Noob
Doing great against trash but struggles against bosses. Feels like making an ascendant was a mistake. The extra int is nice, but ele resistances are a huge hindrance atm. Or maybe my gear is bad IDK.

Trying to get RRRG on boots for AW atm, and switched out to arctic armor to try be somehow able to take a hit from a boss and manage to leech in time. Even tried switching out inc. duration in cwdt to warlord's mark for extra leech, but still wasn't enough for bosses.

So yeah, so far I really struggle against bosses.

Spoiler
Last edited by Laue on Dec 22, 2016, 1:07:48 AM
Hi guys, im the guy who's trying to achieve this build with Life instead ES.

Here's my tree atm; http://poeplanner.com/AAQAANEFGwBm-d2LjEqYzGaUXMBmBLOiAPAfPAXvfJ_fmjuCm-w4KU9rt0VHMtHr7hzcuJMo-oLH-ehBh7c-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRbXybqpKyD8nKk0A7izpFSDdDVuvDY0V9mJ5AAaHduOfSn1noE4qI9NvJ5pqj2B9W6xHUUzKSm-e8bNLV8DjnKSHE3cHX7CbtcM6Kjgkiw-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC6cI2CQ2xR8CBAeD21XGOlhMs5eVUlM9X5f0IG5QMEfiIuKkOYV9AAAAAAA=

I still don't have Call of the Brotherhood, Choir of the Storm, and running in a 5L (Inc. Crit, Inc. Aoe, Blade Flurry, Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage).

My items are pretty good, my claws have the best rolls and i got 1.5k dps tooltip with all charges up.

What's wrong with my build? I can't believe that Call of the Brotherhood + Choir will increase my DPS in 10k.

Please help!
"
Hi guys, im the guy who's trying to achieve this build with Life instead ES.

Here's my tree atm; http://poeplanner.com/AAQAANEFGwBm-d2LjEqYzGaUXMBmBLOiAPAfPAXvfJ_fmjuCm-w4KU9rt0VHMtHr7hzcuJMo-oLH-ehBh7c-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRbXybqpKyD8nKk0A7izpFSDdDVuvDY0V9mJ5AAaHduOfSn1noE4qI9NvJ5pqj2B9W6xHUUzKSm-e8bNLV8DjnKSHE3cHX7CbtcM6Kjgkiw-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC6cI2CQ2xR8CBAeD21XGOlhMs5eVUlM9X5f0IG5QMEfiIuKkOYV9AAAAAAA=

I still don't have Call of the Brotherhood, Choir of the Storm, and running in a 5L (Inc. Crit, Inc. Aoe, Blade Flurry, Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage).

My items are pretty good, my claws have the best rolls and i got 1.5k dps tooltip with all charges up.

What's wrong with my build? I can't believe that Call of the Brotherhood + Choir will increase my DPS in 10k.

Please help!

There's not enough intelligence on the tree and pathing to get the extra power charge in templar isn't worth it when you can pick up the claw/lighting dmg nodes above shadow. As for int, that is why it is much better to go ci/low life compared to life because that means less points invested in es nodes as int = dmg. I compared some gear and roughly concluded that a node of 30 int is like the equivalent of 18% ele dmg. It's a huge difference in DPS from 300-500 int to the 800-1k int.

Other things to keep in mind:

-Accuracy must be over 85%
-High int in all gear if possible
- quality jewels focusing on attack speed, crit chance, and crit multi (since tree lacks that)
-Proper flask setup (Don't feel you have to go glass cannon. I personally use 2 utility and 3 dmg flasks)

Also. Try experimenting Astramentis (ammy giving all stats 100~) vs Choir. But no. it won't increase dps by 10k...

From my testing, choir is ONLY slightly better in the long run because 50% bonus lightning dmg on crit, lightning bolts, and 10-15% more crit procs inevitable judgment. Works wonders with vinktars because the added lightning res is added as crit chance.

Astramentis is still better for me because I keep 400 es from int and I don't have to invest any strength on the tree to use my Ancestral Warchief. This gives me more points on the tree to go for jewels.

Feel free to look at my profile. I am running a similar build with 870 int, 6l 15.9k (inc aoe) with buffs, AND about 120k on 4l warchief.

Last edited by Rangeless on Dec 22, 2016, 5:35:31 AM
"
Laue wrote:
Doing great against trash but struggles against bosses. Feels like making an ascendant was a mistake. The extra int is nice, but ele resistances are a huge hindrance atm. Or maybe my gear is bad IDK.

Trying to get RRRG on boots for AW atm, and switched out to arctic armor to try be somehow able to take a hit from a boss and manage to leech in time. Even tried switching out inc. duration in cwdt to warlord's mark for extra leech, but still wasn't enough for bosses.

So yeah, so far I really struggle against bosses.

Spoiler

Hey could you post your passives please and your character page? Your gear looks fine so I am unsure how you are having troubles but maybe I can spot it somewhere.
Contact me @Casual_Noob

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info