[2.5] Era of Flicker [Compact Build Plan]

Could you explain to a flicker noob (me) how you use the skills to keep charges up, keep the flicker going etc?
Given that life isn't great right now it seems this build is doomed to have random one shot deaths out of no where due to things like volatile and just getting crit for huge numbers in melee range. Is there anything that can be done for that in this build?

Otherwise, are there any good CI 1h/shield builds out there? Because it seems thats whats required for Flicker to feel like a real build with defensives.
h
ign mmIL
"
Toefur95 wrote:
Could you explain to a flicker noob (me) how you use the skills to keep charges up, keep the flicker going etc?

The trick to sustain Flicker is to be able to kill things with as few Flicker uses as possible, basically you want to maximize your damage so you can one-shoot monsters and get Frenzy charges on Kill from Poacher's Mark / Blood Rage / Way of the Poacher. It also helps to have alot of Frenzy charges so you have a buffer when you are not killing enemies with Flicker. I also recommend using Frenzy to generate max charges before you start flickering.

"
Techneeq wrote:
Given that life isn't great right now it seems this build is doomed to have random one shot deaths out of no where due to things like volatile and just getting crit for huge numbers in melee range. Is there anything that can be done for that in this build?

The build covers Physical damage taken quite well through Evasion, Dodge and Endurance Charges. However when it comes to elemental damage you basically only have your health pool and Spell Dodge to rely on, you can get Rumi's for Spell Block and/or Resistance Flasks to reduce it, but other than that I'd just recommend to be careful with map mods that increases elemental damage taken.

"
Techneeq wrote:
Otherwise, are there any good CI 1h/shield builds out there? Because it seems thats whats required for Flicker to feel like a real build with defensives.

Not that I am aware of, could try cook one up, but my take on a 1h/shield CI Flicker would probably be Shadow Assassin with dagger rather than Ranger Raider with Hegemony.
Also known as: Noxterous
Last edited by Zelkor on Dec 3, 2016, 2:25:52 AM
"
Zelkor wrote:

"
Techneeq wrote:

The build covers Physical damage taken quite well through Evasion, Dodge and Endurance Charges. However when it comes to elemental damage you basically only have your health pool and Spell Dodge to rely on, you can get Rumi's for Spell Block and/or Resistance Flasks to reduce it, but other than that I'd just recommend to be careful with map mods that increases elemental damage taken.

"
Techneeq wrote:

Not that I am aware of, could try cook one up, but my take on a 1h/shield CI Flicker would probably be Shadow Assassin with dagger rather than Ranger Raider with Hegemony.

Okay, well I have waited way too long and researching and come up with no other options so I think I will just dive right into your build. I'm too much of a bitch to play HC so I play SC but for the most part my builds are semi-hardcore viable. I just really don't like dying especially to random one shots.

I've played this game for over 500 hours but I am still no where near capable of creating my own build, especially one for a skill I have never played lol. I'll do my best with your build, given the information you have given me I can do as well as something I can maybe try to come up with.

If it doesn't fit for my playstyle I'll just farm what I can and not worry about deaths to fund something else. Objectively, this is a good and well made build. It's just the fact that ES is so much better than CI on top of the fact that melee life is suicidal.

One thing I could think of is to just straight up copying a Raider CI Blade Flurry build and just use Flicker with daggers instead.

Here is my try on a CI Flicker Build, can be done as either Raider or Assassin (Assassin saves 3 passive points and is more offensive, while Raider is tilted more towards the defensive side through Dodge and Elemental Status Immune)

Bandits: Oak - Kill all - Kraityn

Gear

*Curse = Curse of your choice from Poacher's, Assassin's, Warlords's Mark, Enfeeble or Vulnerability
*Get Items with Blue text IF you manage to get a Skyforth

Edit: Might be a bit too late, but it's up at least! Also added this to the first page.
Last edited by Zelkor on Dec 3, 2016, 12:55:02 PM
Nice man, thanks a lot. Appreciate all the extra work you're putting in just to help me out :D

I am level 34 and have invested about 25 skill points out of the total I have gotten into your 2h build so I guess I'm not fully committed at this point. I could begin working on refunding a few of the points, albeit it will be a bit of a set back. I guess I would just take out the 2h damage points and begin running BF or something to continue leveling.

I'm just still not experienced enough on flicker to be able to answer some of my questions. Would you personally believe that this second CI build would be better in the end? Better as in higher potential for damage and clear speed, and more importantly would it be able to avoid those random one shot deaths?

I have only been playing path on and off for about the last year (was a more consistent player priot to that) but it seems the general belief lately has become that life is far inferior to ES/CI and only ES/CI builds are ideal for true end game.

And again, I really appreciate all the help.

Any updates on the build? How's it working out? There's only one rather expensive Hegemony's on poe.trade atm.

Are you sustaining mana alright?
ign allevia
"
Techneeq wrote:
Would you personally believe that this second CI build would be better in the end? Better as in higher potential for damage and clear speed, and more importantly would it be able to avoid those random one shot deaths?

It depends, there are many variables to the CI version, mainly because a "Rare" item can be a item that's good enough, or it can be a top-tier BiS one, with high-tier rares I believe you will have a comparable or possibly better (if wearing a near Mirror-worthy dagger) clear speed and damage. You will also be able to survive most big hits thanks to your huge ES pool.

"
Techneeq wrote:
I have only been playing path on and off for about the last year (was a more consistent player priot to that) but it seems the general belief lately has become that life is far inferior to ES/CI and only ES/CI builds are ideal for true end game.

It's mainly because things hit so hard in the end game, and ES covers both physical damage taken and elemental damage taken, while armour covers only physical damage taken(not elemental damage) and evasion covers attacks (not spells). This together with the fact that life have a harder time reaching the same amount of EHP as ES does and the fact that ES goes so well with Vaal Pact for fast in-combat regeneration through life leech (usually with Vinktar, but can be achieved through other means) makes ES better than life, as far as I know.

And as we touch on the topic of life leech, I just wanted to point out that the passive tree doesnt have any built-in life leech, so you'll have to acquire it though other means like Warlord's Mark, Leech on Gloves/Rings, etc.

"
master_axe2 wrote:
Any updates on the build? How's it working out? There's only one rather expensive Hegemony's on poe.trade atm.

Updated the first page with a link to my character page so you can see how I am progressing Gear-wise and Passive Tree-wise. Planning to wait until the price drops to a level where I can afford Hegemony.

"
master_axe2 wrote:
Are you sustaining mana alright?

This was one of the things I was worried about at the start! but right now I am fine with Poacher's Mark, Revelry passive node and a Mana on Hit Jewel together with a mana flask in times of need. Thinking of maybe picking up a good Elreon ring so I can throw my mana flask away completely.
Last edited by Zelkor on Dec 4, 2016, 9:46:17 AM
Hi! Playing this build with minor changes as a league-starter, but i think it`ll be hard to achieve critcap. What do you think about changing hinekora to a new Voice of the Storm unique? Is that 10% chance to dodge spells really essential, maybe critcap is accecible in other ways, or it`s not THAT important to generate echarges?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info