[2.5] Era of Flicker [Compact Build Plan]

"
Techneeq wrote:
Similar to Rhiyer's post, not only am I sometimes having problems with magic packs that have beefy mobs but more so map bosses are becoming quite the problem. I am level 78 and I have Hege's (check character for gear/passives) and bosses are taking really long to die. Just now I did T6 Canyon map and I used up all 6 portals trying to kill it (RIP map bonus completion).

It was just a mixture of not being able to keep frenzy charges up and just unable to sustain life.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Is there just a piece of gear in your guide that's meant for dealing with issues like this and I just don't have it yet?\

If you check my profile I will have Life Leech linked because I tried using that against the boss and when I did I just alt+f4'd. What would be the best gem to swap melee splash with on single targer, would it be Fortify or is there something better?

I've actually sold my hegemony, lost an ex but I went ahead and bought an oro's and a fireborn jewel. I started Respecing my passives but from what I see it's really dope. Any Ignite immune enemies I get frenzies from raider ascendency. Also I plan to go the phase route in the raider ascendency for more elemental damage and freeze immunity. Definitely check out my char if you have any concerns.

"
sliverlz wrote:
Just noticed that linking Inc. duration with Blasphemy will increase the mana reservation from the curse for some reason.

Inc. duration has a mana manipulator which increases mana cost/reserved.
I seem to be clearing very well right now. Granted, I have a pretty good gear setup at this point.

Early on I was having problems sustaining frenzy charges, so I decided to put frenzy in a 4-link and it seems to work pretty well single target. I may end up switching it to another skill if I can think of one that will work better, but I really like it's attack speed and frenzy generation for magic monsters. I prioritize flicker strike, but I use frenzy if I need to focus 1 enemy down. On boss fights I'd say I spend about 80% of my time flickering and 20% frenzying when I run out of charges. I'd recommend multistrike and faster attacks on frenzy to get those charges back up quickly.

I also switched my flicker to warchief for Izaro in uber lab because even with lightning coil because I was getting destroyed. The flickering wasn't working and I couldn't really facetank with witchfire and frenzying.

Most recently I've started using vaal lightning trap for bosses and meaty rares/magic packs, and can take them down in a few seconds. I also just got my cospri's and having the extra Enfeeble curse has really helped my survivability. I was using lightning coil before and this feels better.

Also, I may take more mana leech nodes as I find I sometimes need a tad more mana sustain.

I'll be keeping an eye out on the Oro builds because I feel like it could be more efficient. I'd probably recommend it more if you are working with limited currency because 5L Cospri, 5L Hege, and flasks seem necessary for the tankier enemies.
"
I seem to be clearing very well right now. Granted, I have a pretty good gear setup at this point.

Early on I was having problems sustaining frenzy charges, so I decided to put frenzy in a 4-link and it seems to work pretty well single target. I may end up switching it to another skill if I can think of one that will work better, but I really like it's attack speed and frenzy generation for magic monsters. I prioritize flicker strike, but I use frenzy if I need to focus 1 enemy down. On boss fights I'd say I spend about 80% of my time flickering and 20% frenzying when I run out of charges. I'd recommend multistrike and faster attacks on frenzy to get those charges back up quickly.

I also switched my flicker to warchief for Izaro in uber lab because even with lightning coil because I was getting destroyed. The flickering wasn't working and I couldn't really facetank with witchfire and frenzying.

Most recently I've started using vaal lightning trap for bosses and meaty rares/magic packs, and can take them down in a few seconds. I also just got my cospri's and having the extra Enfeeble curse has really helped my survivability. I was using lightning coil before and this feels better.

Also, I may take more mana leech nodes as I find I sometimes need a tad more mana sustain.

I'll be keeping an eye out on the Oro builds because I feel like it could be more efficient. I'd probably recommend it more if you are working with limited currency because 5L Cospri, 5L Hege, and flasks seem necessary for the tankier enemies.

I'm working on an Oro build now I'll be happy to share it as soon as I'm finished/learn how to make build post.
"
Rhiyer wrote:
"
sliverlz wrote:
Just noticed that linking Inc. duration with Blasphemy will increase the mana reservation from the curse for some reason.

Inc. duration has a mana manipulator which increases mana cost/reserved.

No shit, that's what I said. Thing is Increased duration shouldn't work with a curse when linked with Blasphemy. Makes no sense, pretty sure it's not intended.
"
KooperT wrote:
Also, as an above poster mentioned, is HoI/Ice Bite really worth running?
I was considering running a CWDT/ice golem or something instead, unsure how much the aura is actually helping.
No, its mainly for the freeze on-kill effect which just looks great, helps with some minor AoE damage and frenzy charge generation on weaker packs. Been considering changing it to something else, which I'll add to the first page soonish.

"
KooperT wrote:
Fiddling with dropping Essence Worm/Hatred to open another ring slot to easier cap resists, dropping HoI and just running Blasph + Hatred. Seems to be much easier to gear right, and I dont see much being offered from HoI
Yes, this is also a change I am going to make after seeing how well I am doing without Hatred in a Essence Worm. It'll also open up the possibility of running a Elreon/Offensive ring or simply two Elreon rings (one will be needed for 6L, definitely, since people are already complaining about mana problems with 4L and 5L and I have covered more on the topic of mana further down!).

"
bjerged wrote:
Hey there i am currently lvl 67 with your build and the only big issue i have found is the mana issues especially on bosses like dominus etc those with almost no adds. and because of that i was wondering instead of fortify gem why not use blood magic and then i could spend all those other passives on something else instead of mana on hit.
You are free to try out Blood Magic, I am personally not having issues with mana due to Poacher's Mark / Revelry / Mana on-hit Jewel and mana flask. Just remember you'll loose DPS / defense by dropping Fortify. If you can, please report back with feedback if it worked out or not for you! :)

"
sliverlz wrote:
This is... strange. I would understand if Increased Duration increased the mana cost for CASTING the linked curse, but increasing the mana reserve on Blasphemy when it doesn't even have a Duration tag? This seems like a bug to me.

"
This is pretty much how to play Flicker when Flicker Strike cant kill your target from Max amount of Frenzy Charges to 0. I was hoping that the Raider change was gonna help with this, so much that with enough Max Frenzy Charges as a buffer you'd be able to kill pretty much any Unique by relying on RNG to fill frenzy charge back up through Multistrikes and Blade Vortex. But it seems 6/7 Max Frenzy charges isn't enough yet! (which means that the only other way to make sure we are flickering is by increasing our damage so that the target dies before we run out of Frenzy Charges)

"
I did kind of expect that flicker wouldn't work well vs Izaro since his slashes & smashes combined with a unlucky placement by flicker is near-instant death. But thanks for the feedback of switching to warchief for Uber-lab! Didn't notice before that the tree could be switched to a decent Warchief build by using a few respec points, since it does indeed path close to Ancestral Bond while also retaining lots of 2H Damage nodes.

"
I also just got my cospri's and having the extra Enfeeble curse has really helped my survivability. I was using lightning coil before and this feels better.

Nice to see that Cospri is working out better than Lightning Coil, I do wonder though how you are sustaining mana without Poacher's Mark mana on-hit effect? I suppose its the mana nodes towards Spirit Void in the tree that helps you with that?

Also wanted to point out that the reason why I prefer mana on-hit and elreon rings over mana leech is because it's scalable with attack speed, while Mana Leech has a cap of 20% of my mana pool it can regen per second. I've already calculated that with all attack speed buffs up we'll be sitting at about 0.10 attacks per second with Flicker Strike linked to Multistrike, this is 0.30 Flicker uses per second. This gives us: Mana cost of Flicker * 3.33 = the amount of mana regen you need to keep up Flicker Strike. with 5L being 44 mana per use and 6L being 60 mana per use this ends up at 146.5 and 199.8 mana per second, which would require a total mana pool of 732 and 999 (which isn't something easy to achieve without any mana nodes in the tree). I think that a combination of both is what will solve our mana problems for good though.

As a last note, I did take a look at your tree and I think it'll be more point efficent to take the Mana Leech nodes towards Essence Sap than Spirit Void. (unless you are after that 0.4% life leech) :)

As an added note I just wanted to say sorry for not being able to reply as fast as I have done earlier, reason why is because I am in the middle of a hectic work week and rarely get enough time to attend to this guide and play the game.
Also known as: Noxterous
Last edited by Zelkor on Dec 6, 2016, 6:25:35 PM
Yeah that frenzy charges aren't infinite was obvious. 0.8^3 is 51.2% of not generating a frenzy charge on a single target. Blade vortex clearly helps with that. I've been brainstorming, but I can't think of anything else to boost the generation.

Not that big of a deal though. I'm about to buy a Hege, but my tree will look different (not getting Blunt Trauma, too far imo). There's a knockback section near the duelist, and also lion's roar. Plus running assassin's mark. Poacher's Mark is a waste, imo. The 2 duelist mana /hybrid leech nodes necessary to get life leech are more than enough sustain. Kill speed > frenzy generation.

I also feel that this build needs vaal pact. I'm not against running blood rage + vaal pact, that's what health potions are for. Also, diamond flasks can be used 4 times with chemists and belt. Easy 100% uptime. Then maybe getting the big life leech node Hematophagy for face tanking.

I'm also thinking the new axe, Kitava's Feast, is the real endgame weapon. The 7-link allows for either Fortify (and no need for the duelist leech nodes), or maybe something like Physical to Lightning + WED + Added Fire Damage (using the WED and pen nodes near Ondar's or arrow dancing w/e it's called).

Finally, I'm really not sure about what chest to use. I don't want to drop Hatred for a defensive blasphemy & cospri's. Maybe it has to be LC, or Kintsugi. I'll see I guess.
ign allevia
Hi! been playing your build since start of the league. Currently level 85. It's amazing, ridiculous clearspeed. Just managed to 6L my Hegemony, and oh jesus the difference in adding the crit dmg gem.

fully buffed I sit at around 89% crit chance, around 20k tooltip dps.
I experienced some mana starvation when runnning blasphemy + poachers mark, so i switched to HoI+Icebite+CoH+Poachers and it freed up so much mana i'm now able to run herald of ash, herald of ice and hatred and still have 230 mana left, flicker costs 60 mana, 6linked.

For defensive i'm running a 5L belly with CWDT+IC+inc dur+ball lightning + blind.

Here's my profile, character is Dakvita

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Xzyte/characters

"
Xzyte wrote:
Hi! been playing your build since start of the league. Currently level 85. It's amazing, ridiculous clearspeed. Just managed to 6L my Hegemony, and oh jesus the difference in adding the crit dmg gem.

fully buffed I sit at around 89% crit chance, around 20k tooltip dps.
I experienced some mana starvation when runnning blasphemy + poachers mark, so i switched to HoI+Icebite+CoH+Poachers and it freed up so much mana i'm now able to run herald of ash, herald of ice and hatred and still have 230 mana left, flicker costs 60 mana, 6linked.

For defensive i'm running a 5L belly with CWDT+IC+inc dur+ball lightning + blind.

Here's my profile, character is Dakvita

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Xzyte/characters

Small update to my previous post. I got myself the Hinekora's amulet and atziri's step.
The added defense works wonders. Currently safely speedfarming tier 9 maps
How much does the flicker CD enchant help?

Over 10 seconds, instead of 5 free flickers, we get 7.15. Let's say we cast flicker about 50 times in 10 seconds. 5 out of 50 is 10% free, 7.15 out of 50 is about 14.3%. So overall we only get 4% more frenzy charges, using a conservative estimate of 5 APS (w/o multistrike ofc)?
ign allevia
I'm not having any trouble sustaining mana using only poacher's and 1 mana leech jewel, no mana flask. Averaging about 12.5k tooltip .09-.1 attack speed with vulnerability (using cospri's). Now I'm trying to figure out what changes could be made for endgame equipment.

I'm thinking of trading out Atziri's step for +1 darkray vectors, for 9 total frenzy charges and easier capped resists. I don't think that the reduced charge duration is a concern with this build.

Also thinking about gloves. Shadow and dust has mana leech, which would free up a jewel mod, and rampage should be fun in breaches. Another alternative would be Acuity, for instant leech and a higher level vulnerability due to the high amount of int on them.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by notzizka on Dec 8, 2016, 3:26:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info