[2.5] Era of Flicker [Compact Build Plan]

would using
be a good idea?
I made the same character back in ESC using Slayer. I used Cospri's Will with Witchfire Brew with great results. You could use Abyssus as things generally won't get to hit you due to dodge/evade.

You also don't need that many damage nodes on tree and can try to get the Scion life wheel.
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
So anybody running this build having success in higher tier, 13-15 maps?

I am absolutely crushing all the trash in maps, but still find that this build (and most flicker builds in general) are absolute garbage on bosses. Even with the cospri poison.

My gear isn't bad - I am still missing a 6L, despite spending (literally)400 chaos orbs on fusings and failing. Have pretty good rolls on my hege/cospri. 75%+ all resists, even positive chaos. Life is probably a bit lower sine I had to invest 4 points in Sovereignty over life nodes, but have about 4700 at 89.

But seriously, I have almost a 100% chance to die at least once on T12+ bosses.
Doesn't really matter which boss. I cringe at every boss fight because the entire time i'm just thinking "I hope I don't instantly die." I don't think I've ever died on map trash (some breaches are RIPPY but not as much now). It's almost to the point I wonder if its worth skipping bosses and just plow through maps trash, since I'm essentially losing all my exp killing bosses.

I've done the most of Vault, which is probably one of the easier bosses... I can generally get away without dying most attempts now - but it still happens occasionally with a string of hits.

Sulpher Wastes boss destroys me. At least 2-3 deaths to down it.

I just tried High Gardens, cleared the entire map in like 2 minutes, then died on the boss 6 times and failed to complete it. RIP a whole days of exp, and didn't even get completion/shaper orb.

Update - Just tried a bunch more T13+ maps.
Lair - died 6 times on wolf boss.
Palace T14 - trash is a joke, die 6 times on dominus.

Anyone have suggestions?
The primary issue seems to be either:
1) Getting spontaneously hit for my entire HP bar, or 2-3 unlucky hits in a row in too short of a time to potion = death
2) Running out of health potions (I run two, one seething one bubbling) on the boss and simply dying due to no life sustain.

Would vaal pact help? More leech? I don't really know. But i've played 3-4 different iterations of flicker builds over the last few leagues and while this one is my favorite in terms of trash-clearing, I have yet to have much success on bosses.

Note, I am also running blasphemy Enfeeble (and Poachers)... so I would probably be dying even more without the defensive curse. Not sure how people are running stuff like vuln/assass

Guessing this build just really can't handle T13-15 bosses very well?

Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Dec 24, 2016, 4:05:49 PM
How can you handle single target dps / boss. Kinda hard to kill boss
Just a PSA to anyone still playing this build. After quick testing I think you *need* both temp chains and enfeeble on blasphemy. Certain bosses are impossible otherwise. I suggest switching to Starforge, to make up for the lack of hatred.

That also opens up physical leech nodes, and the crit / frenzy nodes up near assassin. Green nightmare for reflect helps, but is expensive. Don't forget to use frenzy with faster attacks & fortify on bosses!

Yeah, it does less damage, but as far as I can tell a "real" melee skill like this, with the added loss of control, requires the two defensive curses.
ign allevia
Hello everybody!
I changed your passive tree, to someone who uses Lion's Roar, Atziri's Acuity.
www.poeurl.com/Z0L

I also made a tree of passive, for someone who wears rare gloves and needs life leech on the tree
www.poeurl.com/Z0N

I'm thinking of using Abyssus and Coil, switching to Rat's Nest in bosses
Or in place of Coil, Kintsugi is a good option because we have many evade nodes.

What's your opinion, I want to use Daresso's Salute or Belt Perseverance

Auras Hatred, Ash and curse on CWDT with Blade vortex to generate frenzy on boss
Did anyone do this low life?
Hi, I have Cospri's Will but I'm wondering what your reasons are for using it? what gems would you use with it? would you be manually casting Vulnerability or having another CWDT?
Last edited by shiodas on Jan 18, 2017, 3:34:38 PM
Is it possible to go with 5l chest and 5l weapon?
Where is this build gaining endurance charges? I'm trying to find a good way to incorporate them, but having a hard time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info