[2.5] Era of Flicker [Compact Build Plan]

Hi, now that the 2.5 patch notes have been revealed I've finally decided what I want to play and this is my build plan for that character. Reason why I made this thread is because I want a place where all the info is gathered in one place, and also because I wanted to share it with others.

If you have any questions regarding the build, please ask away. Skill tree might become a bit out-dated soon because I am using the 2.4 patch skill tree (but there shouldnt be too many relevant changes other than the raider ascendancy tree in 2.5).

***** CLICK HERE TO SEE MY CURRENT GEAR/LEVEL (CHARACTER ZELKOR) *****

NOTE: I am currently leveling in the Breach leauge and there are smaller things that are subject to change as I level further into the leauge (core idea and items, such as Hegemony's Era, will stay the same since they are what signifies this build). I also recommend that you read the coming pages since they are full of useful information about my build.

-Passive Tree-
Bandits: Oak - Kill all - Kraityn

-Gear-

Old Gear Image

Image Explanation
Focus on getting items with normal text.
Items within brackets are optional.

Image Explanation
* Chestpeice of your choice from Cospri's Will, The Perfect Form (new), Kintsugi, Hyrri's Ire and Belly of the Beast.
Daresso's Defiance and Bronn's Lithe are great budget items that fits the build in earlier stages.
** Curse of your choice from Poacher's, Assassin's, Warlords's Mark, Enfeeble or Vulnerability.
*** Increased duration seems to be bugged with blasphemy, run 2L + 2L to solve this.

Items Not Shown Above
Jewels - If you lack in certian areas like mana management or resistances you can make up for it by getting mana leech/resistance jewels, otherwise focus on getting damage/life jewels.

Flasks - 1-3 Seething/Bubbling Divine Life Flasks of Heat/Staunching, Choose 1-3 Unique flasks like: Lion's Roar / Atziri's Promise / Taste of Hate / Rumi's Concoction and 1-2 Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline.

-Auras-
-Leveling-
Level with Molten Strike/Ground Slam with any good 2h weapon you find until level 28. Dont forget to buy Leap Slam after killing Brutus in the Prison.

At level 28 you'll switch skill to Earthquake (ask somebody in town or a friend to buy it for you since rangers cant buy Earthquake on their own) and link it up with Melee Damage - Less Duration - Fortify and keep grinding with that until you pick up a Frenzy charge node in tree and do Normal lab to get Way of the Poacher to be able to sustain Flicker.

When you get to Act 3 Normal, pick up Poacher's Mark and link it with Blasphemy later on in Act 3 for sustaining mana/life and Frenzy charges. For active Auras while leveling, you'll want to use Hatred + Blasphemy/Poacher's Mark until you get enough mana sustain to use Vulnerability instead of Poacher's Mark.

Skill Links
Flicker Strike - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Melee Physical Damage 4L (Minimum)
Flicker Strike - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Melee Physical Damage - Increased Critical Strikes 5L
Flicker Strike - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Melee Physical Damage - Increased Critical Strikes - Increased Crit Damage / Fortify 6L

CI Flicker Strike (Made upon request)
Here is my try on a CI Flicker Build, can be done as either Raider or Assassin (Assassin saves 3 passive points and is more offensive, while Raider is tilted more towards the defensive side through Dodge and Elemental Status Immune)

Bandits: Kill all - Kill all - Kraityn

Gear

*Curse = Curse of your choice from Poacher's, Assassin's, Warlords's Mark, Enfeeble or Vulnerability
*Get Items with Blue text IF you manage to get a Skyforth

Also known as: Noxterous
Last edited by Zelkor on Mar 24, 2017, 5:50:31 AM
Last bumped on Jan 28, 2017, 1:35:57 PM
Hey how do you plan to sustain health? i was planning similar build , but i planned some leech nodes near duelist.
I never played flicker before.

Its cool idea to use hegemony, i was planning with 2h swords but this seems stronger (power and end charges)

cheers
"
VladsOdyssey wrote:
Hey how do you plan to sustain health? i was planning similar build , but i planned some leech nodes near duelist.

Good point, currently planning to sustain health from Life on Hit through Poacher's Mark and 1.2% Life Leech from Blood rage (and probably some other Life Leech / gain on Hit mod on Rare rings or so)

It wont be as effective as the Leech from a Vinktar, but I do hope it's gonna be enough! Since I'll have some evasion/dodge/endurance charges to keep damage taken as low as possible.
Last edited by Zelkor on Nov 30, 2016, 5:42:15 AM
Thx for the quick reply,

ill probably pick the leechnodes at first and then when i get some on gear ill try without.

cheers
Hey this seems super strong, but pretty expensive. How do you plan on leveling, or do you play in standard?
this build is better than: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1759669/page/1 ?

with new ascendancy from raider?

damn. i want a fliker but i'm too noob...
"
Triczter wrote:
How do you plan on leveling, or do you play in standard?

I am planning to level with Molten Strike with any good 2h weapon i find until I hit level 28.
At level 28 I'll switch to Earthquake and link it up with Melee Damage - Less Duration - Fortify and keep grinding with that until i get high enough level (possibly somewhere between lvl 55-65) to sustain Flicker from killing things with Poacher's Mark / Blood Rage / Way of the Poacher.

"
Triczter wrote:
Hey this seems super strong, but pretty expensive.

It's actually not too expensive when you take a deeper look into it. If you cant afford some stuff (Cospri's Will for example) you have budget options that you can take instead (Kintsugi/Rare Evasion Chestpiece). The most expensive thing that you really want to get will be Hegemony's Era, which drops in price quite rapidly after the first few days of a new leauge.

"
BeneTleilax wrote:
this build is better than: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1759669/page/1 ?

I don't know! This is just my build plan for Breach Leauge 2.5, I will have to wait and see when i actually make the build, I have made many flickers before so I do suspect that my build is going to do most stuff in the game with appropriate items :)
Last edited by Zelkor on Nov 30, 2016, 6:26:49 AM
thanks for feedback!
I had the same idea, and my version has several differences:
-First, I will leech with the duelist node (and bloodrage). So i'm perfectly fine hp and mana wise.
-Second, I don't get the point of HoI. The damage increase is weak, and you are not using it for curse spread. So I think you would do far better without the essence worm, and Hatred + blasphemy.
-Third, I will not run a third frenzy charges generator. I think 45% is high enough. So i'm not sure if I will go for vulnerability or assassin't mark. I will see if I'm not crit caped.
-Fourth, since we are crit based and flicker based, I went to the shadow up to Assassination (and the 3rd frenzy charge, of course). I don't think the power charge is worth it, since it's 17% crit chance per point.
-Fifth, I will probably go Atziri step + Hyrri Ire + rare amulet. I think losing the chest slot is less important than the amulet one. The build is not curse reliant.

My current tree (Not the final one, I have some changes to do on it):
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAO1EWK5epfuLRY6bje967g4NjfzFTioj028nmmqPYEz_QzHDM1oa2sF07QUteu_rY6OKI_ZNko1945-Hdr3mPs9RR-dUJP3_3o2_1CMwcd2oS3g6QgW1wuy0xQzypctirGyMnao2PRNxXfIqC3BSMHyPRh0U-tJmnnIPWfOsqtwjmG_lz0p9kn33MnKpxPbGrq4-Z5vkUVBH7w4UIF8_wQR5aL6nZU29Nkd-W68RL4TZh2qplHh6qSeE76lud-MB3CsKvJpBcslnGjiQVQgu7YMZjgBe034uU9NvN9TtPw==

And I think you can level with flicker as soon as you finish the N lab. If you don't have a garbage weapon, and if you use poacher mark during leveling, you should be good.
Last edited by Keyen on Nov 30, 2016, 9:53:37 AM
Noob question : why do you have a blade vortex lvl 1 linked to your cast when damage taken setup?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info