Blade Flurry vs Reave: 2.86x damage vs single target

"
adghar wrote:
"
Emphasy wrote:

I fixed it, imagine I wrote Blade Vortex :P

Thanks! I was wondering how the exact numbers crunched out. Wonder if it's still usable. I never ran BV before, anyways, so I wouldn't know the difference. Since I usually play melee, if the forums are any indication, half-damage BV should still feel strong to me :O

Without perma Vinktars? I'm not sure, also the damage in BV doesn't ramp up linearly, so having just 5 Stacks might not mean 25% damage.

1 Stack deals 257 damage per second, 5 Stacks deal 963 damage, 10 deal 2053 damage and for 20 I made a small error (600% more damage is 700% damage, not 600), so the actual damage is 5390.

So while 1 Stack is about 1/20 of 20 Stacks, 5 Stacks is less than 25% and 10 Stacks is less then 50%. Together with the surgeon changes I'm not sure how good Blade Vortex still is.
Emphasy, is it possible you forgot to include a factor into the equation, like the change in rate from 1 Hit per Second to a hit interval of 600 ms at 0 stacks?

In this thread, Xavderion, I, and XerxezBreak seem to agree BV actually got buffed, not nerfed
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
Emphasy, is it possible you forgot to include a factor into the equation, like the change in rate from 1 Hit per Second to a hit interval of 600 ms at 0 stacks?

In this thread, Xavderion, I, and XerxezBreak seem to agree BV actually got buffed, not nerfed

Yeah I assumed BV did hit twice per second already. In that case yeah it is a massiv damage buff, but that changed because it created... well you remember the Deadhand Talisman worms :P

So the maximum BV damage is only 4.400.
"
adghar wrote:
Question to OP: when testing BFlurry you always channeled to max stacks, correct?

Fascinating, so it would seem likely that return strikes make full use of stage damage bonus
In case anyone likes math

Formula for Difference between {Experimental Comparative Kill Times for Level 1 Skills as reported in originnal post} and {Expected Comparative Damage for Level 1 Skills Given that Return Strikes use Final Stage Bonus}
3.26-0.55*1.65*2*(1+0.75*1.2)/1.00 = -0.1885

Formula for Difference between {Experimental Comparative Kill Times for Level 1 Skills as reported in originnal post} and {Expected Comparative Damage for Level 1 Skills Given that Return Strikes use Average Stage Bonus (FIFO or LIFO)}
3.26-0.55*1.65*2*(1+0.55*1.2)/1.00 = 0.356

difference smaller on the 0.75 estimate = indicates that return strikes benefiting from final stage is most likely

Channel to max, release, repeat. But I do not have perfect "clicking skills" in general and have not used Blade Flurry before. So I probably didnt do it flawlessly. Furthermore there is a bit of a damage variance due to crits and the damage range. It is also possible that there is some rounding being done - with the low individual damage numbers this may matter. So I wouldnt expect perfect alignment of math with results.

"
Hexcaliber wrote:
If it is too far out of whack it will be changed, based on the numbers the devs have at hand,

If this takes as long as the Frostwall fix they will have relased 5+ new mega OP skills by the time they change this. And the Frostwall was way more "out of whack" than this one.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info