Blade Flurry vs Reave: 2.86x damage vs single target

I mean this basically just proves what I've been saying since day one... BF has better single target potential, while Reave can fuck up an entire screen. They both have their place.
U MAD?
"
Llyrain wrote:
Reave has a very low damage multiplier.

Yes Reave has a low damage multiplier. Before the current powercreep this was "justified" by it doing serious area damage.

"
Llyrain wrote:
Let's look how good it stands against earthquake or static strike (has to be tested with a low damage physical weapon from a1 normal).

Unfortunately both skills are ill suited for easy comparison with Blade Flurry. But if you have some numbers/math: Feel free to share them/it.

"
Docbp87 wrote:
I mean this basically just proves what I've been saying since day one... BF has better single target potential, while Reave can fuck up an entire screen. They both have their place.

My numbers only show the "better single target" part...
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Llyrain wrote:
Reave has a very low damage multiplier.
Let's look how good it stands against earthquake or static strike (has to be tested with a low damage physical weapon from a1 normal).

That comparison wouldn't work as well

EQ isn't a sword/dagger/claw skill, it needs a decent amount of tweaking to reach good attack speed breakpoints, it favors slow weapons which is risky, leech is bursty and the coverage isn't as good these days. Comparing Static Strike to Flurry is a goddamn joke from the usability and clear speed standpoint, Reave is the closest equivalent, it does have better coverage but you need another skill to get there and if you drop stacks on a boss you aren't getting them back.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 29, 2016, 11:35:17 AM
I don't know why you would compare their single target damage, nobody cares about that. The game is about clear speed.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 29, 2016, 12:35:55 PM
In terms of both god tier gear or mid tier gear both will clear at a similar rate in terms of single target well that's not exactly factor in speed clearing.

It is in super bosses sure but that's another equation.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I don't know why you would compare their single target damage, nobody cares about that. The game is about clear speed.

I do care about single target damage. So your "nobody cares" is false.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Honestly reave uses the same weapons. So they wouldn't even cancel each other out. For BF to clear good you would need very high damage to oneshot packs with single releases. For Reave you are only relying on not dropping stacks.

However you can simply put Reave into your BF setup and due to the higher base damage it will likely do just fine for pack clearing even with a weaker weapon. So how good Reave is for clearspeed doesn't really matter because if it is clearly better than BF you can just use it.

And honestly Multistrike is a huge disadvantage for Reave. Exspecially for clearspeed, you wouldn't want to use it I personally avoid it whenever I can. It makes you immobile exspecially if you are chilled during the attack and since you are using daggers there isn't a good reason to use Multistrike, it isn't such a good multiplier anyway. Melee Physical, Critical Damage, Critical Strikes and Hypothermia are often better, well Melee Physical is always better and you often can even use a second one because you are almost always full life. Multistrike is too weak for its downside exspecially if you compare it with Spell Echo.
"
Zrevnur wrote:

"
Docbp87 wrote:

My numbers only show the "better single target" part...

Yes, but the damage is almost irrelevant at this point when we're talking about clearing general white mobs/etc. It is all about AoE, which Reave has the better of.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Yes, but the damage is almost irrelevant at this point when we're talking about clearing general white mobs/etc. It is all about AoE, which Reave has the better of.

Sure, but I have yet to see someone claiming that the skill isn't performing as well as he expected so he's going back to his previous one, whatever it was.

When you think about it, it's probably this - people that don't play melee on regular basis have no idea how much other skills are bad and those who do don't want to speak up to avoid the nerf. As for me, I won't accept a few op skills instead of a proper rework.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

I do care about single target damage. So your "nobody cares" is false.

People who want to protect obviously OP stuff always write about their own worlds they live in :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info