Blade Flurry vs Reave: 2.86x damage vs single target

Same mob type. Reave took 101 seconds to kill. Blade flurry 31 seconds.

At lvl 1: Blade Flurry ST damage is 3.26x Reave ST damage

At lvl 20 Reave does 1.38x the damage of lvl 1.
At lvl 20 BF does 1.21x the damage of lvl 1.

So adjusted for lvl 20 it would be 73 seconds vs 25.6 seconds.

At lvl 20: Blade Flurry ST damage is 2.86x Reave ST damage

Tested with this:


No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last bumped on Nov 30, 2016, 1:49:27 AM
Interesting. What supports did you use? What quality of BF/Reave?
Not a signature.
^
I would assume the gems in the tabula rasa.

Now, as much as BF is over the top and should be nerfed, I guess it scales with attack speed better than reave for such a setup, giving it the edge anyway.

Now does it justify such a difference ? No, but I just wanted to point this out, it should be somewhat stronger because of the AS scaling, imho.
Old relic-builds :
SweetBreaker : thread 823111 ( facebreaker infernal blow witch ).
Sunder guardian (poisoninGaijin) : thread 1831267 [BHC] !rip
They don't show up on my browser unless I hover over item, weird.

I did some calculations, to check if damage on release is multiplied by charges. It is. On release you deal 2x (or 2.2x, not sure about that) damage * 6 attacks. It's insane dmg.

Edit: Blade flurry on lvl 20 deals more than 400% weapon DPS. Balance...
Not a signature.
Last edited by Turbodevil on Nov 29, 2016, 7:53:13 AM
"
Turbodevil wrote:
Interesting. What supports did you use? What quality of BF/Reave?

"
Completed 18 ChallengesFruz wrote:
I would assume the gems in the tabula rasa.


Yes the Tabula is the setup: Lvl 1 skill (no quality) + added_chaos_damage + void_manipulation
Pure chaos damage, no added damage on equipment.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Completed 18 ChallengesFruz wrote:
Now, as much as BF is over the top and should be nerfed, I guess it scales with attack speed better than reave for such a setup, giving it the edge anyway.

There's no advantage, a 100 damage per hit flurry at 2aps would do two full charges in 6s, doing 24 attacks for a total of 1800 for normal hits including stage bonus and 2640 for two discharges. A 200 damage per hit 1aps flurry would get to do one full charge for 12 hits total, 1800 for six normal hits and 2640 for one discharge, same dps in both cases so it doesn't favor speed.
Есть один путь - наверх!

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 29, 2016, 7:52:13 AM
"
Completed 7 Challengesraics wrote:
"
Completed 18 ChallengesFruz wrote:
Now, as much as BF is over the top and should be nerfed, I guess it scales with attack speed better than reave for such a setup, giving it the edge anyway.

There's no advantage, a 100 damage per hit flurry at 2aps would do two full charges in 6s, doing 24 attacks for a total of 1800 for normal hits including stage bonus and 2640 for two discharges. A 200 damage per hit 1aps flurry would get to do one full charge for 12 hits total, 1800 for six normal hits and 2640 for one discharge, same dps in both cases so it doesn't favor speed.

My bad, I didn't take the time to calculate, turns out it's just that much stronger then lol.
Old relic-builds :
SweetBreaker : thread 823111 ( facebreaker infernal blow witch ).
Sunder guardian (poisoninGaijin) : thread 1831267 [BHC] !rip
Yes, bf is better than reave. News at 11

You left out a bunch of facts though, such as reave being able to be supported by multistrike and bf cannot.

Reave also reliably hits the entire screen whereas bf always leaves random mobs standing due to its randomness.

If your making an argument that bf is overall better than reave though, everybody will agree because it obviously is. But this sounds like another "nerf bf" thread when reave itself hadn't appeared at the top of a ladder at all last league. Poor comparison.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 29, 2016, 9:36:03 AM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
You left out a bunch of facts though, such as reave being able to be supported by multistrike and bf cannot.

What exactly is your point here? Are you implying that "multistrike" is such a good support for single target that it must be included? I dont see it. But maybe I am missing something. If so - feel free to show the math.


"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Reave also reliably hits the entire screen whereas bf always leaves random mobs standing due to its randomness.

There is a reason why I put "single target" into the thread title. I have no idea how good or bad BF is vs mobs.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

If your making an argument that bf is overall better than reave though, everybody will agree because it obviously is. But this sounds like another "nerf bf" thread when reave itself hadn't appeared at the top of a ladder at all last league. Poor comparison.

I made the thread to showcase the relevant fact - how powerful BF is vs ST. There have been various discussions revolving around opinions. I got the impression that there was a lack of hard evidence. And this is the purpose of this thread: Hard evidence. I do not like insiduous power creep. And it is possible that the skill is unintentionally so powerful. In any case I do believe knowing the numbers is better than not knowing them.
And I used 'Reave' to compare it to because that was easy to do - same tags etc.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Reave has a very low damage multiplier.
Let's look how good it stands against earthquake or static strike (has to be tested with a low damage physical weapon from a1 normal).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info