Builds by Varcarian

"
"
Khandurian wrote:
why would u go into blood magic if ur expecting to use Tukomaha's Fortress? And where would u go to get that life instead?

Even with tukohama you still want to get those nodes behind blood magic since you are going there anyways for ironwood. For those four points you get 8.75% life per point, there isn't anywhere else in the tree that will give you that value.

I get it, thank you!!
What do you think about swapping one obliteration wand for a decay weapon? Path of Building doesn't seem to calculate the total DPS including decay damage.
Decay DPS is around 5k while losing 1k dps from the obliteration wand.
"
Fawkse wrote:
Anyone managed to try out Carnage Heart? I got one, but I'm not sure how well it works 'cause things that make a big enough dent in my hp pool usually oneshot me anyways.

Lvl 83 atm, first attempt at uber lab failed miserably. But I do lack a properly colored 5link (swear to god, 200+ chroms in and I just can't get BBGGG) and well-rounded gear (sub 60 life on pretty much everything & no proper links 'cause I know I will be replacing those items soon anyways), so I'm pretty sure that's just me. Will try again at lvl 85-86 or something, once I get some better gear.

Edit: I'm considering dropping some nodes (damage nodes, the odd 5% life node maybe) to get to +1 curse. It's just 5 points to get there (6 for +10% curse effectiveness), and running enfeeble or TC for Izaro sounds like a good idea?

Carnage Heart is huge!
Attributes solve maybe stats reqs easily
20% All Res is super good for a unique slot
The Leech speed is nice, but I think not that much noticable
But the icing is 40% inc Damage while leeching, double dips with poison.

If you can get the res on other gear, get it.

EDIT: Might not even be bad to spam corrupt them to get +1 Curse on it. CHanges not much, the explicit attributes are most often enough, and then you could run enfeeble as self cast maybe. I get ripped by disrupter + essence right now if Im not careful
Last edited by The_Black_Blade on Mar 8, 2017, 8:41:46 AM
"
"
Fawkse wrote:
Anyone managed to try out Carnage Heart? I got one, but I'm not sure how well it works 'cause things that make a big enough dent in my hp pool usually oneshot me anyways.

Lvl 83 atm, first attempt at uber lab failed miserably. But I do lack a properly colored 5link (swear to god, 200+ chroms in and I just can't get BBGGG) and well-rounded gear (sub 60 life on pretty much everything & no proper links 'cause I know I will be replacing those items soon anyways), so I'm pretty sure that's just me. Will try again at lvl 85-86 or something, once I get some better gear.

Edit: I'm considering dropping some nodes (damage nodes, the odd 5% life node maybe) to get to +1 curse. It's just 5 points to get there (6 for +10% curse effectiveness), and running enfeeble or TC for Izaro sounds like a good idea?

Carnage Heart is huge!
Attributes solve maybe stats reqs easily
20% All Res is super good for a unique slot
The Leech speed is nice, but I think not that much noticable
But the icing is 40% inc Damage while leeching, double dips with poison.

If you can get the res on other gear, get it.

EDIT: Might not even be bad to spam corrupt them to get +1 Curse on it. CHanges not much, the explicit attributes are most often enough, and then you could run enfeeble as self cast maybe. I get ripped by disrupter + essence right now if Im not careful

Ye I like this idea, might try it, I generally feel that I lose too much life by skipping out on life on amulet (usually do a Strength heavy amulet). But in this league, I might also Essence craft a chaos damage necklace. Regarding the Decay post above, I have never considered it, but for Itzaro, and bosses in general, it might be pretty good, not sure. But for general maps, you want 2x Obliteration wands for the explosions as they are the main contributor to the clear speed.
Doing BV Slayer in 2.6 All the same like in 2.5....(even Cherubim's become greater and now have up to 80% inc chaos damage) 5.6k life BUT sometimes I am just getting oneshoted on maps tier 2-8 and cant get how and why. Something strange :) As before can't farm Uberlab (lvl 80 currently)....Damn Izaro killing me easy in 3rd phase

Hey Varcarian, I want to say thanks for a great build in BV Slayer - I'm really enjoying it.

I am curious though however, did you (or anyone else here) ever try to kill Chayula with this one? I only played Chayula with ES-base, so I'm uncertain how crazy it is for life-base. Although we do have a ming's (and could maybe put on two...?) and clear speed-wise I feel like it should work.
Any thoughts?
Hey Varcarian,
Since LiftingBro advertised your warchief build I started to play it, but please finish it so casual players with no much exp like me can follow. From leveling to endgame(BiS) equp.
TNX!
"
madziee wrote:
Doing BV Slayer in 2.6 All the same like in 2.5....(even Cherubim's become greater and now have up to 80% inc chaos damage) 5.6k life BUT sometimes I am just getting oneshoted on maps tier 2-8 and cant get how and why. Something strange :) As before can't farm Uberlab (lvl 80 currently)....Damn Izaro killing me easy in 3rd phase

Your flasks are what's holding you back. Get a proper setup (Stibnite, Basalt, Quicksilver, Atziri, Instant Pot) and Izaro will be no problem.
So how is the Slayer BV in hc? Want to run it legacy hc.
"
Slaytanix wrote:
So how is the Slayer BV in hc? Want to run it legacy hc.

I believe that's what Varcarian is doing, with a few changes in the tree. He's 86 right now, and the character is available in his profile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info