Builds by Varcarian

The warchief build tree link is broken.
Ye, PoE URL is broken atm, posting the long link in the guide(s) now.
About the warchief chieftain ascendancy what should I take first Arohongui or Nagamahu?
Leveling the slayer is slower than I'd thought. I don't do a lot of damage with just a few stacks, and the time needed to stack it higher really adds up. Hope it will be better when I reach obliteration level.
Okay, build picked up significantly around lvl 58-ish, even without the obliteration. With an obliteration it's going smooth as butter now. Awesome, thanks!
"
Fawkse wrote:
Okay, build picked up significantly around lvl 58-ish, even without the obliteration. With an obliteration it's going smooth as butter now. Awesome, thanks!

yeah from leveling several poison bv chars starting at lvl 12 with bv the first big boost comes when you can get spell echo/poison then again with spell echo/poison/inc aoe all up and running at lvl 48. Once those gems start leveling it picks up significantly. Im lvl 44 right now in legacy running added fire/spell echo (no bgg yet) and can't wait to hit 48 and get a bbgg to socket the gems in. Obl is icing on the cake after you get to a 5L. 6l is pure gravy (can you tell im hungry right now...). Once you get the slayer leech + the explosions, its zoom zoom time.
Last edited by baadtz_maru on Mar 5, 2017, 12:22:42 PM

Alright got a hang of it. Lab runned yesterday for the first time. Great stuff overall.

A few things : Levelling is crap, ascendency order I would suggest bane of legend, endless hunger, brutal fervour, headsman. I would favor Brutal fervour would be better due to the massive nerf of Headsman (from 15% increase radius to 15% increase area, didn't saw that one before the patch) and easier trial/mapping. Belt of the deceiver is great in the beginning for maps and Uber. Mapping is ok.

I spent around 60 chaos on my gear (stuff is expensive on 1st days). Should be less than 40 now.

Only problem is I got 2 hubris 84 40% dmg spectral throw but people don't have that kind of cash lying around. And devoto's (better in the beggining of the league) are 40 chaos right now.

Anyone managed to try out Carnage Heart? I got one, but I'm not sure how well it works 'cause things that make a big enough dent in my hp pool usually oneshot me anyways.

Lvl 83 atm, first attempt at uber lab failed miserably. But I do lack a properly colored 5link (swear to god, 200+ chroms in and I just can't get BBGGG) and well-rounded gear (sub 60 life on pretty much everything & no proper links 'cause I know I will be replacing those items soon anyways), so I'm pretty sure that's just me. Will try again at lvl 85-86 or something, once I get some better gear.

Edit: I'm considering dropping some nodes (damage nodes, the odd 5% life node maybe) to get to +1 curse. It's just 5 points to get there (6 for +10% curse effectiveness), and running enfeeble or TC for Izaro sounds like a good idea?
Last edited by Fawkse on Mar 6, 2017, 11:14:25 AM
Hey! Thanks for sharing your builds! I've got a question on the Ancestral Warchief, why would u go into blood magic if ur expecting to use Tukomaha's Fortress? And where would u go to get that life instead? I've been thinking about speccing into the life and reduced mana cost nodes just above resolute technique instead, and just go with mana, what do you think?
"
Khandurian wrote:
why would u go into blood magic if ur expecting to use Tukomaha's Fortress? And where would u go to get that life instead?

Even with tukohama you still want to get those nodes behind blood magic since you are going there anyways for ironwood. For those four points you get 8.75% life per point, there isn't anywhere else in the tree that will give you that value.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info