Builds by Varcarian

With the upcoming buff to 'Broken Faith', whats your thought on dropping one Obliteration for it?
"
Hey Varcarian, first of all really cool Blade Vortex Guide. I'm playing it right now in Breach trying to do my first lab eventually.
But I can sustain my leech against bosses that good. Where could I get more leech for BV?

Anyway, nice guide, cheers mate =D

For bosses it is mainly the mobs leading up to the boss, adds that the boss might spawn, or Atziri's Promise that provides the main leech.
"
Gabandalf wrote:
With the upcoming buff to 'Broken Faith', whats your thought on dropping one Obliteration for it?

If you don't have a Sin's Rebirth I would say: Go for it. With Sin's Rebirth I think you would still get more overall damage by dual wielding the wands. But the shield would once again become the more defensive-oriented option. One thing that has to be considered though is the fact that the 2nd wand also provides more explosions, which in turn gives more leech and more clearspeed.
What order are you taking the Slayer ascendancy points during levelling on the BV build? Also, I loved your video with Lifting. Appreciate the build information!
any changes to the build with aoe nerfs and passive changes?
so nice that cherrubim's got buffed
3 questions:

1. what order would you recommend taking the slayer ascendencies?

2. you said on a 5-link you'd remove added chaos support, but since Cherrubim's is getting buffed in 2.6 (Cherrubim's Maleficence: Increased Chaos Damage mod increased to 50-80%. up from 10-20%.) do you think it's still the one to drop?

3. given unlimited currency is there anything you would change with the build?

thanks in advance! :)
Last edited by Joorka on Mar 1, 2017, 6:20:25 AM
Ming's Hearth reduced life is 10% now and Cherrubim's now have x4 inc chaos damage wtf is this going to be insane?
Insane ? No, it's still a league starter at melee range with a small EHP and no VP. It was budget, the reason why it was good. Now with both items greatly buffed, it might lose its potential because it's not that better (not meta breaking stuff) while price might put it out of budget range. This build still an uber lab farmer with meh mapping so it will not be overplayed (well, maybe with the LiftingNerd video) and won't put that much pressure on the market but if other builds find use in Cherrub and Ming...

[edit] And I forgot but the nerf to AoE might (need to test it when patch go live) have gimped the clearspeed even more. So now, it might be bad at mapping overall (but great Izaro Killer).
Last edited by Choobyz0r on Mar 1, 2017, 10:05:55 AM
"
Kurtlo wrote:
What order are you taking the Slayer ascendancy points during levelling on the BV build? Also, I loved your video with Lifting. Appreciate the build information!

Bane of Legends -> Headsman -> Endless Hunger -> Brutal Fervour

"
gamer60 wrote:
any changes to the build with aoe nerfs and passive changes?
so nice that cherrubim's got buffed

Still uncertain, but I will update the guide as I start the league myself, and might post an update to all guides tomorrow when we see the new skill tree (or as many as I can manage).

"
Joorka wrote:
3 questions:

1. what order would you recommend taking the slayer ascendencies?

2. you said on a 5-link you'd remove added chaos support, but since Cherrubim's is getting buffed in 2.6 (Cherrubim's Maleficence: Increased Chaos Damage mod increased to 50-80%. up from 10-20%.) do you think it's still the one to drop?

3. given unlimited currency is there anything you would change with the build?

thanks in advance! :)

1: See first quote.

2: I still think I would remove Added Chaos as the other gems still add more overall damage when all buffs are up. But again, will know more when I get to test it in the new league.

3: Would depend what your goal with the build is (and what league you are in)? If you just want to farm Uber lab, then no, not really. For maps and clear speed in general, I would pick up some frenzy charges in the tree and go Cospri's will and potentially use Witchfire Brew (more or less my pre 2.5 setup). Other than that, then just general gear upgrades - I never had perfect gear on my Slayers as they were never meant for more than getting by in most maps and in Uber lab. There might be new threshold jewels or items I would incorporate but will have to wait and see.

"
Ming's Hearth reduced life is 10% now and Cherrubim's now have x4 inc chaos damage wtf is this going to be insane?

I doubt it, but it will be stronger, especially in Uber lab. Uncertain how the AoE might affect the general clear speed of the build. But considering I didn't stack ALL AoE I imagine it should still feel ok.

"
Choobyz0r wrote:

Insane ? No, it's still a league starter at melee range with a small EHP and no VP. It was budget, the reason why it was good. Now with both items greatly buffed, it might lose its potential because it's not that better (not meta breaking stuff) while price might put it out of budget range. This build still an uber lab farmer with meh mapping so it will not be overplayed (well, maybe with the LiftingNerd video) and won't put that much pressure on the market but if other builds find use in Cherrub and Ming...

[edit] And I forgot but the nerf to AoE might (need to test it when patch go live) have gimped the clear speed even more. So now, it might be bad at mapping overall (but great Izaro Killer).

VP is not a requirement to survive stuff - plenty of builds that get by without it. And on my Slayer (if I unequip Ming's Heart) I have 7.2k HP, which isn't huge but wouldn't call it small either. But yes, the reason it is good is that it is cheap - and I still think it will be unless they change the drop rates of the items it uses. And mapping was never meh - for the price, it is quite fast it just falls off a bit towards tier 14-15 with certain map mods. The AoE is a valid concern, but I didn't pick up all AoE anyway, so might not feel that bad overall. Will have to see. I am hopeful that it will still be a solid league starter for the most part.
thanks for the reply and btw no need to mule gems for the duelist siosa is gonna make us happy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info