Builds by Varcarian

"
Varcarian wrote:

VP is not a requirement to survive stuff - plenty of builds that get by without it.

Oh yeah, but it's so damn powerfull :)

"
Varcarian wrote:

And on my Slayer (if I unequip Ming's Heart) I have 7.2k HP, which isn't huge but wouldn't call it small either.

3 endurances charges, no fortify, life based, melee (crappy range against bosses that hit like trucks) it's on the low end of survivability to one shot mechanics, which are plentyful.

"
Varcarian wrote:

But yes, the reason it is good is that it is cheap

It's not good, it's great. I love it. It's RoI is fucking huge. The only other build that could compete in that category is the zerker obliteration wand in my opinion (and not on uber lab farming, mostly on shaper/guardians).

"
Varcarian wrote:

And mapping was never meh - for the price, it is quite fast it just falls off a bit towards tier 14-15 with certain map mods. The AoE is a valid concern, but I didn't pick up all AoE anyway, so might not feel that bad overall. Will have to see. I am hopeful that it will still be a solid league starter for the most part.

Comparing to meta builds, it is meh. For the price currently, it's great. If prices stays the same, I'll be the happiest man in the world, because I'm gonna do it on Friday (btw, great guide, love it :)).

Sorry if I seem to disregard the build, I don't, I think its genius, I'm just not sure that overall, 2.6 is gonna buff the toon or actually gimp it. Although, not having to mule every gem is a great buff.
Last edited by Choobyz0r on Mar 1, 2017, 5:26:03 PM
hey varcarian!

what about this line in the patch notes

"
You can now only have one instance of Blade Vortex active at once

I didn't play a lot of blade vortex in the past, what does it mean exactly? will it impact the build performance? thank you!
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
"
ObscureBalrog wrote:
hey varcarian!
I didn't play a lot of blade vortex in the past, what does it mean exactly? will it impact the build performance? thank you!

It didn't have multiples instances of BV before (usually it was on Cwdt), so no.

For the AoE nerf :
I should have done the calculations before : we now get 44% increase area compare to 25% increase radius. ~8% less area overall, 2% if you invest on the last node of the amplify cluster. So no real nerf.

[edit] Clarification : I only talk about the obliteration wand explosion here. BV is just straight bigger for the build (funny thing, if you dropped all the SP invested in AoE, BV would still be bigger than previously).
Last edited by Choobyz0r on Mar 2, 2017, 1:20:05 PM
"
ObscureBalrog wrote:
hey varcarian!

what about this line in the patch notes

"
You can now only have one instance of Blade Vortex active at once

In case its still unclear there was a bug that was used with blade vortex that allowed multiple instances of BV to share # of blades, I.E. you spin up 1/2/3 bv's to 1 or however many blades then use one more with spell echo/faster casting to ramp them all up to 20 blades. It was broken as hell but as stated this build didn't need it (nor Eleziel's berzerker build if you choose to go that route for guardians/shaper) to do what it was intended for.

Also glad to see someone did the aoe math, I'm thinking of starting with something similar to this (used Eleziel's as a template last league and it was a ton of fun) to get do lab farming, thanks for keeping the thread updated.
Quick things to have in mind:
BV gets now +1 base radius every 5 levels, so a level 21 BV might be juicy.

Besides that, GGG said, they are increasing the AoE values to accommodate for the changes. So builds not fully investing in AoE might actually have better AoE now.

Next note would be the new carnage amulet, since it gives a juicy 50% damage mod, which double dips with our conversion nicely. If one has GG gear to cover all res in helm, boots and belt, it might even be possible to go double Mings, although I would consider it only in SC.

I think Broken Faith could be really good as a budget option against Sins rebirth and one upside is, we now have yummy shield charge.

The question is, is the explosion from the obliteration wands affected by AoE nodes? because then, clear speed will go down for sure. Other than that, I see absolutly no change in clear speed, your objective was always just to run up to the mobs, damage about 3 and kill one, explosion kills the other and the constant overlapping explosions kill the rest.

If the AoE of the explosion stays unchanged, I see no problem
Yes explosions from OB wand are affected by AoE nodes, nerf is 8% less area (2% if you take the last SP on amplify cluster). BV is bigger now (free Inc AoE lvl 15).

Clarified my post.

We don't have Shield Charge, it doesn't work with wands :/.

BV lvl 20 is max radius achievable, lvl 21 is the same radius (20 base radius). The last upgrade is from lvl 19 (19) to lvl 20 (20).

For items possibly useful (no real idea, just the one I picked up) :
Belt of the Deceiver: No longer has Reduced Chance to Block. All Resistances mod increased to 10-15%. Now has the property of Nearby enemies are intimidated.

If drop rate stays the same might be a good map/uberlab starter when the lifepool is not so great.

Carnage Heart: No longer has Reduced Life or Reduced Energy Shield. Now has 30-40% Increased Damage While Leeching. Now has Increased Life Leech Rate of 50%.

I'm not sure, I'm trying to understand how Increased Life Leech Rate is working, I'm going to get a PhD and come back. Could be nice.

The Covenant: No longer has Blood Magic. Now has Socketed gems have Blood Magic. No longer has Reduced Maximum Life but has 10% Increased Maximum Life
Might be nice but need to be played before making my mind.

Last edited by Choobyz0r on Mar 2, 2017, 1:40:38 PM
"
Choobyz0r wrote:

We don't have Shield Charge, it doesn't work with wands :/.

Broken Faith is a shield, dude, it grants 10 secs of Unholy Might on Block now, which is nice if you don't have a Sin's Rebirth, and with one ob wand and a BF you can use shield charge

"
Choobyz0r wrote:

BV lvl 20 is max radius achievable, lvl 21 is the same radius (20 base radius). The last upgrade is from lvl 19 (19) to lvl 20 (20).

Where do you get that info from? in the Patch notes, it states BV gets +1 radius every 5 level ups, so level 1 base, +1 at 6, +1 at 11, +1 at 16 and +1 at 21 afaik

Please read my post first the next time
BV : http://poecraft.com/legacy/aoenerf

Check it for yourself.

Shield charge does not work with wand even with a shield (confirmed by GGG) : https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4mx9cx/why_cant_shield_charge_be_used_with_a_wand_shield/

Yeah, I did read your post, dude. It was incorrect.

Can't make up my mind on the leech of the carnage heart. The wording is too obscure. Dunno where to apply the 50% increase life leech rate. It's either completely useless (only reducing the number of leech instances by 1), completely broken (3150 hp/s), utterly broken (5600 hp/s) or plain bad ( reducing the duration of leech stacks for no benefits : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1649919)

Max Health : 7000
Heal amount (completely random, don't want to calculate it) : 3000
***No carnage***
maxInstances : 5.000000000000001
totalLeechRecoveryRate : 2100.0000000000005
leechDuration : 21.428571428571427
***useless***
maxInstances : 4.285714285714286
totalLeechRecoveryRate : 2100
***Broken***
totalLeechRecoveryRate : 3150.000000000001
***Utterly broken***
maxInstances : 13.333333333333334
totalLeechRecoveryRate : 5600
***Gimped***
maxInstances : 4.285714285714286
totalLeechRecoveryRate : 2100
leechDuration : 14.285714285714286

Still a double dipping damage mode.

[edit]
While playing with the formula I found why Cherrub is awesome for this build : It reduces the number of leech instance to 5. Which is the number of hit per second of BV. Since BV does not do that much damage per hit and we only have warlord's mark and atziri's promise we barely pass the 1s threshold for leech to proc (140 life to leech to start an instance of leech at 7k life). So each stack expire right as a new one start. Without the cherrub, you're stuck at 5 instances with each 280 lps (still 7k hp toon). While with Cherrub, 5 instances with 420 lps starts.

With Endless hunger procced at least 8 times, cherrub doesn't augment anything.

So actually, with writhing jar, we could start the izaro fight with 4 instances of life leach at 420 lps (490 with carnage) for 8s (dunno the exact life of worms, assuming 1200 overdamage leeched but it needs to NOT be obli explosion who killed worms otherwise endless hunger would do no real overdamage leech ) and the fight would probably be easier. Lose a flask tho so meh.

Results :
Max Health : 7000
Heal amount (completely random, don't want to calculate it) : 140
Actually I did, and with 7k life, the tooltip shown by Varcarian on page 2 didn't even procced the life leech (maybe with wither), less life is actually good here :D.
***Cherrub**
lpsPerInstance : 420
leechDuration : 1
***No Cherub***
lpsPerInstance : 280
maxInstances : 7.500000000000001
leechDuration : 1

I know it's completely useless, but I had fun :D.
Last edited by Choobyz0r on Mar 2, 2017, 5:54:49 PM
Another thing to keep in mind, looks like Cherrubim's Maleficence will be a lot more popular, if so expect it to cost a bit more this time round. I had never paid more than a chaos or so for one, expecting it to be more expensive this league.
I want to see your warchief build, hurry up ;-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info