Builds by Varcarian

Okay, I'm right now 90 on the Slayer, I can do almost all expect the rippiest labs (essence + charges), because I'm too slow and get maybe oneshot from one swipe or slam. Other than that, I have done all breaches now, everything is pretty much trivial except chayula.
I'm rocking now a carnage heart, two ming's and been sitting at 6.2k Life, which is comfortable for me.
Dropped the Gloves for rare one.

Next thing is guardians, uber atziri ripped me tho, just one way of getting past even the mini bosses for me.
Quick question about Cast when damage taken setup is there a certan level i should stop it at or keep going all the way till 20? Really unsure about that ive looked at a few forums and i curtenly stopped it at lvl 10 with a lvl 11 Imortal call.
"
Choobyz0r wrote:
On jewels you need dmg mods but a few of them with life goes a long way (3-4 is enough I think).

Don't take armor on jewel! I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough. I took a glance at your gear and there is no real piece of equipement with a lot of armor on it (boots, helm, gloves...).

So I would advice you to do the following :
- Get rid of the Ming's heart for now (until you have >6.2k life with it)
- Get a better belt (140 life + resists should be around 5-6c)
- Get normal gloves with high life, high armor, high resist. (less than 10c usually)
- Get Rings and amu with life and some resists
- Get 33 dex on your amulet, it's easy and will resolve your dex problem so you should be able to drop the +30dex SP you have and invest it in a life node.
- Forget the witchfire brew, take a stibnite it's way better against Izaro.
- Get some jewels with life and damage mod (don't go overboard on the price, never more than 15-20c per jewel! The goal of the build is to be cheap as hell).

Of course, you can pick what you feel is right for you and discard the rest, it's just what I would do in your place.

5k life is way too low. The build doesn't have any OP mitigation, so we need lot of life (no fortify, no 10 endurance charges, armor is not really high...)

thanks for the help man helps me alot
Is anyone else's CWDT setup not working with the Warchief Chieftain build??

I'm an idiot, my CWDT was too low...
Last edited by tynen on Mar 12, 2017, 1:53:21 PM
Are there are going to be any updates to the BV build for 2.6?
Hi Guys,

can any of you tell me why we spend 4 points on str nodes just to reach golem's blood?

Cant we just take more scion life nodes or reach for purity of flesh which is nearer and gives bit of chaos resist too?

Only reason i can fathom is to pick up the jewel slot.

thanks guys
What's is Ascend.Nodes pick order in Slayer Blade Vortex at the leageu start?
At wich lvl u could recomend go to Normal / Crueld Labs during leveling at leage start?
Last edited by Mikes_Mekazukatoto on Mar 13, 2017, 8:02:16 PM
Hi everyone,

I am playing the BV slayer, and I am struggling to get enough life on this build. I am sitting at 3646 life currently at lvl 70, so I am 2000 life below what varcarian said he has. I just tried merc lab and got 1 shotted by the final stage of izaro. So sad. I already have most life nodes suggested in the build, and I have gear with similar (albeit slightly less) life rolls as varcarian's example gear. I haven't got all my jewels yet, but I don't see how that will make a 2000 life difference. What am I doing wrong?
"
Hidden_Fancy wrote:
Hi Guys,

can any of you tell me why we spend 4 points on str nodes just to reach golem's blood?

40 str = 20 base life, golem's blood is 20% life + 1.8% life regen (good in lab) and since we don't invest much in damages nodes in the tree, jewels are godlikes for us (even additive one's). So it's not like it's great, it's just that there's no great alternative.

"
What's is Ascend.Nodes pick order in Slayer Blade Vortex at the leageu start?
At wich lvl u could recomend go to Normal / Crueld Labs during leveling at leage start?

Varcarian's picks : Bane of Legends, Endless Hunger, Headsman, Brutal Fervour
Mine (Less damage but a lot safer) : Bane of Legends, Endless Hunger, Brutal Fervour, Headsman

Dunno for level, did all of them at 65-70 (80 for uber).

"
MrChubms wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am playing the BV slayer, and I am struggling to get enough life on this build. I am sitting at 3646 life currently at lvl 70, so I am 2000 life below what varcarian said he has. I just tried merc lab and got 1 shotted by the final stage of izaro. So sad. I already have most life nodes suggested in the build, and I have gear with similar (albeit slightly less) life rolls as varcarian's example gear. I haven't got all my jewels yet, but I don't see how that will make a 2000 life difference. What am I doing wrong?

You're lacking 2 full life clusters, your jewels are empty, ditch the gloves for now (lacking life). But you aren't doing anything wrong. Life is picking up late in this build. @ lvl 80 I was barely at 6k life, now at 7.2k (lvl 89) with pretty much same gear. All those little life node at 5% adds a lot in the end.

Btw, I dunno if you noticed but you forgot to take amplify which is 20% double dipping dmg.
Last edited by Choobyz0r on Mar 14, 2017, 3:36:01 AM
Hey guys,

On BV Slayer, which helm enchant are people thinking? Does spell dmg double dip?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info