[3.4.0][Consecrated Path / Reave / BF] [BERS - dual crit] (Uber Elder / Aul / U Atziri - videos)

Hi everyone, I'm trying to make this build but with a few modifications:

1) No Vaal Pact. To make up for it, I'll need to use Bloodseeker for the pseudo-VP.
2) So I need to use the claw variation of the build.
3) Also, on a more budget build. No 200c+ jewels/gear.

Do you guys think this is viable? Or will I gimp myself?

Thanks so much in advance!
1) Bloodseeker its weak claws, u dont must use it. For leveling u can use the wasp nest - better. Vaal pact its only after 75 lvl.
2) No, build can use any weapon. Just need good pDPS, AS, crit chance.
3) Budget build variable cost 100c
=======================================================
My stream you can see on twitch.tv
I don't want to take VP. Can this build work without VP?
"
Abdielyj wrote:

Atziri's Acuity will work very well
I think using the Acuity would blow the guy's budget in a big way (~200c)
"
Abdielyj wrote:

Acuity is absolutely viable!

You can swap ruthlessness with increased critical strikes to achieve up to 95% crit chance - roughly 85% effective crit chance. This means almost every hit will result in instant leech.

Pros:
- Life Regen. Not much after blood rage, though enough to still be in the positive.
- Up to 4 additional passives due to dropping Int and VP (you may only gain 2, though i'd gain 4)
- Extra crit chance
- Armor (however negligible it may be)
- instant mana leech which is excellent, especially for any caster build you make later on where mana management gets intensive.
- We wouldn't need a Diamond flask, so that frees up an additional flask slot!

Cons:
- We're losing corruption - Ele weakness being a huge chunk of passive damage. (unless you can find/afford/luckily corrupt acuity!)
- we're losing Shaper's Touch which is also another massive chunk of damage
- With 80-85% effective crit chance due to our accuracy, 15-20% of our hits won't leech instantly. It's unlikely this will matter as much vs single target enemies, though against groups where hits can come in dozens of times per second, it can be life or death.
- We lose accuracy

Overall I think it's possible to make the builds deal roughly the same amount of damage, though using acuity suffers greatly from diminishing returns. Realistically you'd lose 25% dps using acuity because of a number of factors.

I'm re-doing my assassin Blade Flurry build after this league's finished and that's using acuity. That build reaches 15 mil dps comfortably with 7k life. I think for marauders using shaper's is better for many reasons. When you choose a class with better access to crit and accuracy, using acuity isn't as much of a negative trade off.

Cheers
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
Abdielyj wrote:

Acuity is absolutely viable!

You can swap ruthlessness with increased critical strikes to achieve up to 95% crit chance - roughly 85% effective crit chance. This means almost every hit will result in instant leech.

Pros:
- Life Regen. Not much after blood rage, though enough to still be in the positive.
- Up to 4 additional passives due to dropping Int and VP (you may only gain 2, though i'd gain 4)
- Extra crit chance
- Armor (however negligible it may be)
- instant mana leech which is excellent, especially for any caster build you make later on where mana management gets intensive.
- We wouldn't need a Diamond flask, so that frees up an additional flask slot!

Cons:
- We're losing corruption - Ele weakness being a huge chunk of passive damage. (unless you can find/afford/luckily corrupt acuity!)
- we're losing Shaper's Touch which is also another massive chunk of damage
- With 80-85% effective crit chance due to our accuracy, 15-20% of our hits won't leech instantly. It's unlikely this will matter as much vs single target enemies, though against groups where hits can come in dozens of times per second, it can be life or death.
- We lose accuracy

Overall I think it's possible to make the builds deal roughly the same amount of damage, though using acuity suffers greatly from diminishing returns. Realistically you'd lose 25% dps using acuity because of a number of factors.

I'm re-doing my assassin Blade Flurry build after this league's finished and that's using acuity. That build reaches 15 mil dps comfortably with 7k life. I think for marauders using shaper's is better for many reasons. When you choose a class with better access to crit and accuracy, using acuity isn't as much of a negative trade off.

Cheers

Hey, I love the analysis, but my main point is that Acuity is way too expensive at 1300c now... and I hate Vaal Pact so I'm trying to find another way. Hence I'm thinking of using Bloodseeker.
I have two questions.

First question:
Should I pick the combination of

1) Dervish and Heartseeker

or

2) Primeval Force (currently using)

or

3) Forces of Nature + Dervish (would require one more level)

I'm really undecided :(

Second question:
Why are you using Maim Support instead of Ruthless?
Isn't the increase in physical damage taken nonsense by the fact that we convert everything to elemental?
Just a heads up, importing your character in PoB shows 568330 damage vs shaper without flasks, and 952883 damage with atziri, lion and taste of hate active.

On normal mobs the dps is 1.7 million so i'm guessing you're missing a comma in the 16 million dps in the title as there is no way one can achieve that.

Also vs shaper you will not have flasks that much of the time so the average DPS is arround the 500k mark.

This seems to be sufficient for shaper killing, just wanted to clarify for people that build this and check their build in PoB and have no ideea why they're not reaching 16 million or smth.
IGN: SCHVAITZERIZER
Last edited by MAD_DAN on Sep 5, 2017, 9:49:52 AM
"
miChaaaaaaa wrote:
I have two questions.

**SNIP**

Second question:
Why are you using Maim Support instead of Ruthless?
Isn't the increase in physical damage taken nonsense by the fact that we convert everything to elemental?

Check PoB for which would be better! :)

Been up since 4am buuut.

If I recall Ruthless only works every 3rd blade flurry channel. So you would have to do 2x"Quick" channels of say 1 stack, then a full 6 stack(each hit of this would have the ruthless buff tho).

Maim works all the time and if I recall it's only slightly worse than a working ruthless. (at work now so can't check)
Last edited by liqued on Sep 5, 2017, 9:59:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info