[3.0] crit 1h flicker, 1kk+ dps, amazing map farmer

"
Pythonmsh wrote:
Would you consider this a good league starter?

This build, no. Flicker Strike as a skill is viable though.

This version is far superior to 2-handed versions, but needs a lot of expensive stuff to really shine. A Terminus Est or Oro's Flicker Striker is much more viable as a league starter. And if you got the currency later on, you can always respec into this build. I played this build last season and I was running Shaped Strand almost as fast as a Vaal Sparker (almost being the core word). Also it is easy going up to T15. T16 are a problem with this build because of the Guardians. It is a bit annoying using Frenzy every few seconds to generate Frenzy Charges.

You could maybe make this build work if you are lucky and get a Bino's drop. Or get some currency fast. Bino's would let you go up to like T10 maps if your other gear is decent. But Bino's is also pretty expensive in the first week of a league.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 2, 2017, 6:10:10 AM
How does this build change for 2.6 updates?
"
archanist123 wrote:

Won't change too much. Apart from the passive tree nothing has changed. And about the tree: Dagger and Shield nodes were not really changed that much. Pathing might be a bit different in the Ranger/Shadow area but should be easy to work out.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 2, 2017, 11:39:08 AM
"
archanist123 wrote:
i've already updated tree for 2.6 :)
I may sound like a noob but the slayer tree doesn't really impress compared to champion that seems to have even more dps and survivability, can you explain? whats so good about stacking life leech when I just get 1 shotted? your build is very solid and fun but I'm struggling at lvl 70+ with building a good life pool only at 4k atm when I've got 2 life jewels and life mod on every gear possible, the damage is really good but I often die in t11+ maps (to hard hitters).

edit: nvm my lightning res wasn't capped so I was struggling with getting 1 shotted, little better now.
Last edited by trump169 on Mar 2, 2017, 6:48:59 PM
"
trump169 wrote:
I may sound like a noob but the slayer tree doesn't really impress compared to champion that seems to have even more dps and survivability, can you explain? whats so good about stacking life leech when I just get 1 shotted? your build is very solid and fun but I'm struggling at lvl 70+ with building a good life pool only at 4k atm when I've got 2 life jewels and life mod on every gear possible, the damage is really good but I often die in t11+ maps (to hard hitters).

Champion doesnt hold half a candle to this. But sadly your characters are not public so I have no idea why you die in T11 maps when I breezed through T15 maps, one-hitting every single pack.

If you mean you die to reflect mobs or volatiles, well get used to it. That happens to everyone using this build even if they invest tons of exalts.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 2, 2017, 6:41:12 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
trump169 wrote:

Champion doesnt hold half a candle to this. But sadly your characters are not public so I have no idea why you die in T11 maps when I breezed through T15 maps, one-hitting every single pack.

If you mean you die to reflect mobs or volatiles, well get used to it. That happens to everyone using this build even if they invest tons of exalts.

Its public now, I also cut through mobs like a hot knife through butter but am struggling against bosses, is Atziri flask better than vinktars btw? can you answer why life leech tree is better than champion's inc damage/fortify/evasion/armor tree?

still having survival issues, vulnerability is undoable atm.
Last edited by trump169 on Mar 2, 2017, 7:00:39 PM
"
trump169 wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
trump169 wrote:

Its public now, I also cut through mobs like a hot knife through butter but am struggling against bosses, is Atziri flask better than vinktars btw? can you answer why life leech tree is better than champion's inc damage/fortify/evasion/armor tree?

still having survival issues, vulnerability is undoable atm.

If you can afford them, get Atziris Acuity. They will help a ton with survivability. And as for trouble killing bosses. Well, this really isnt a boss killing build. It is mainly made for speed farming. Even with good gear you will have trouble killing T15 bosses with some map mods.

The only Flicker Strike build that is "ok" at killing bosses is a Raider because of the "Frenzy on hit". Or a Slayer or Assassin using something like Terminus Est to generate Frenzys on crit/hit.

And if you have trouble with map bosses, a good dagger will be helpful. Bino's really is only ok for up to T10. That will also help with survivability. If you one shot packs they cant damage you^^ Unless they are reflect or volatile of course xD

Also, are you sure you are resist capped? It looks like not enough resists on gear but I didn't actually do the math.

All I can say overall is that when I had your level of gear I was sticking to Shaped Strands. After I improved my gear a lot with more life, Acuity, WED etc. I went up to T15. Guardians were just not possible so T15 is also the top end.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 2, 2017, 7:15:31 PM
ty for this build btw flicker is now my favorite the clear speed is amazing and just fun watching and hearing mobs shatter like glass :) I'm not that rich on standard and am completely broke atm so I can't really upgrade anything else I just managed to cap my cold and lightning res but I believe fire is around 65 atm.

and thanks for the quick responses but I'm comparing slayer and champion classes and champion really strikes me as the better all around tree while slayer just stacks life leech and has two handed nodes that don't help, is life leech that good even if I can't afford acuity? will I be able to face tank bosses with frenzy or blade flurry with that amount of life leech? thanks agin.
"
trump169 wrote:
ty for this build btw flicker is now my favorite the clear speed is amazing and just fun watching and hearing mobs shatter like glass :) I'm not that rich on standard and am completely broke atm so I can't really upgrade anything else I just managed to cap my cold and lightning res but I believe fire is around 65 atm.

and thanks for the quick responses but I'm comparing slayer and champion classes and champion really strikes me as the better all around tree while slayer just stacks life leech and has two handed nodes that don't help, is life leech that good even if I can't afford acuity? will I be able to face tank bosses with frenzy or blade flurry with that amount of life leech? thanks agin.

Well, all it takes to see if Champion is a better fit for you are 40 regrets ;)

But I can tell you it won't be, 20% Culling, Onslaught, !!50% reduced reflect!!, 20% MORE damage while you have killed recently and then all the leech on top... Chapion is nothing compared to that imho. And you seem to not notice the leeching this build does^^ Without the leech you would be dead after 5 seconds in a normal T10 map, no doubt about it.

I also want to tell you, in the long time I have been playing Flicker and talking about it, you are the first to even bring up Champion. The usual questions are if Assassin or Raider wouldnt be better. Champion is far behind either of those too btw. And Slayer far ahead of all.

Also cap your resist before saying you are too squishy, nothing is more important in this game. 65% means you take 40% more fire damage than you would at 75% ;)
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 2, 2017, 7:47:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info