[3.0] crit 1h flicker, 1kk+ dps, amazing map farmer

"
humenbean wrote:
TL;DR - This build and all other Flicker builds are dead.

You have to do silly stuff to get over the mana leech cap issue this now suffers from. Watch any crazy flicker videos from 2.4-2.6. And you'll realize how terribly slow the new flicker builds are in comparison. There are just better builds and setups that make Flicker obsolete.

What are you even talking about, are you trolling? There has been no change to any mana leech of this or any other Flicker Strike build. Flicker Strike is as fast, well actually much faster because of Ancestral Call, as it always was, no change at all.

This build in particular
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 13, 2018, 10:11:58 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
humenbean wrote:

You have to do silly stuff to get over the mana leech cap issue this now suffers from. Watch any crazy flicker videos from 2.4-2.6. And you'll realize how terribly slow the new flicker builds are in comparison. There are just better builds and setups that make Flicker obsolete.

What are you even talking about, are you trolling? There has been no change to any mana leech of this or any other Flicker Strike build. Flicker Strike is as fast, well actually much faster because of Ancestral Call, as it always was, no change at all.

This build in particular

I'm going to assume you started playing in 3.1 or something? They removed the instant mana leech from VP in 3.0 and the instant mana leech from Atziri's Acuity in 3.1... They also removed instant life leech from VP and the gloves as well.

At most, you can get 10% extra mana leech from investing an entire 6 points on tree. And that's not enough to make this build pop off anymore. And you basically die if you go against any tanky reflect phys mobs. Before you could leech through the damage, not it's not going to happen.

You also needed the instant leech to live through T15+ bosses when switching to BF.

A LOT of this build's mechanics are not possible now. I'm still trying to find some work arounds myself, but it's pathetic compared to when I switch back to standard and throw on my old atziri gloves that still have instant mana/life leech. I even have way more base damage on jewels and my weapon in 3.1, and it's still incredibly worse without the instant leech.
"
humenbean wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
humenbean wrote:

This build in particular

I'm going to assume you started playing in 3.1 or something? They removed the instant mana leech from VP in 3.0 and the instant mana leech from Atziri's Acuity in 3.1... They also removed instant life leech from VP and the gloves as well.

At most, you can get 10% extra mana leech from investing an entire 6 points on tree. And that's not enough to make this build pop off anymore. And you basically die if you go against any tanky reflect phys mobs. Before you could leech through the damage, not it's not going to happen.

You also needed the instant leech to live through T15+ bosses when switching to BF.

A LOT of this build's mechanics are not possible now. I'm still trying to find some work arounds myself, but it's pathetic compared to when I switch back to standard and throw on my old atziri gloves that still have instant mana/life leech. I even have way more base damage on jewels and my weapon in 3.1, and it's still incredibly worse without the instant leech.

VP never had instant mana leech. And a Flicker Slayer never even used VP anyway to make use of the overleech and the increased leech per second from the ascendancy, which does not work with VP and in fact getting VP with a Slayer would make pretty much 75% of the reasons to go slayer in the first place obsolete. Now VP is great for a Slayer obviously. That is why everybody said that while VP was nerfed, the nerf was a huge buff to Slayer. Before the VP nerf there were almost literally no Slayer builds that took VP. Now most of them take it :D

I must have played at least 10 Flicker Strike chars in the last 4 years, and not one had mana problems when fully leveled and geared. Also not one used Atziris Acuity (always too expensive for what they offered imho). Something else that all had in common was that they had absolutely no problem with T15 or even T16 maps if my budget allowed to get a good enough weapon.

Really now, I played this specific build a while back, I think it was in Breach. Even contributed a bit as you can see, the (now outdated) leveling guide for this is by me. In not one word is VP even mentioned in this build. Acuity, sure. That was a slight nerf to this build. But I never used them and did everything the game had to offer with the char and don't remember many problems. What I do remember what could sometimes happen with Flicker Strike chars is that while leveling from 70-90 there could come some mana problems because the damage per hit was still too low to leech enough. 1-2 jewels with "+2 mana gained for each enemy hit" and some other nice mods took care of that. But as mentioned above, once I reached ~90 I could take them out because the high damage and attack speed caused the mana leech to easily sustain Flicker Strike.

I don't know what the problem is with your char, but I can 100% guarantee you that 3.1 did overall boost this build (Slayer can now take VP and Ancestral Call is an insane clear speed boost, as if Flicker even needed a clear speed boost, but it is there :D).

People are just more comfortable with a Terminus Est or Oro Flicker Striker because of the easier gearing. This one requires some very specific gear.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 20, 2018, 4:00:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info