[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Using that setup you had, but I switched Iron Will with added fire since my strength isn't super capped like yours.

Might suggest the same thing to everyone else who doesn't have over 400 Str, maybe even up to 450.

Tooltip is 15.9k
Light is around 8k
Fire around 6k

Slightly more balanced, but an 8k hit of lightning probably won't shock any yellows/bosses in T15.

Edit: BV is also at a 90% chance to ignite, 15% shock.

Full buffs and potions gives 23.9k BV
10k fire
13k light

Might take me a bit to get used to Conc effect on our igniter.

I think flasks for this in power would be
1 - Surgeons Staunching divine life
2 - Dying sun (If you can afford) or Ruby/Topaz/Sapphire, Seething with curse immune, or granite with armor.
3 - Doedre for clear or Zerphi for DoT boss (switching a faster cast might be a good idea for this)
4 - Silver for clear or Basalt for Phys Boss
5 - Overflowing chalice (Too good to pass up right now)

I was considering taste of hate would be worth it now, but it would cause more trouble than good in Elemental Equilibrium Maps. Same with Vinktar.

I'll probably switch My CWDT 1 to Ice Nova, and switch Arc with Shock nova in my CWDT 20
This will allow us to reset elemental equilibrium
Fire/light - BV
Fire/Ice - Ice Nova
Fire/light - BV

eitherway our fire will always be gimped in EE maps, so I may switch my Fire Burst back to IAoE + CD + Fire pen.
Last edited by Atomic_Tin_Can on Dec 26, 2016, 9:55:25 PM
Intresthing
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by dasfrenk on Feb 16, 2017, 6:37:25 PM
"
dasfrenk wrote:
So I've hit a bit of a wall at level 51. Everything hits so hard and my 2x Ancestral Warchiefs, Earthquake, and CWDT Firestorm/Flamability just aren't cutting it anymore. Also, Eye of Innocence is 70 chaos and Essence of Hysteria are 50 chaos each!

What do?!

As far as leveling goes, are you keeping gear up to date? You need max resist when you step into new difficulties. Don't try to do a "half and half" leveling build, stick to warchief and gems that compliment it. CWDT firestorm/Flammability won't help you much.

Try Vengeance + Curse on hit + Enfeeble/Punishment (defence/offence) + Fortify/Life on hit

Someone made a post about doing this build without Eye until you can afford one, I think a couple pages back. But you really do need the hysteria scepter/helmet, they don't need to be great and you might be able to find a botched one for a dozen chaos or less.

The price will go down as time goes on, stay vigilant and you will be rewarded.

If you're in breach and need some assistance I can help you.

"
Using that setup you had, but I switched Iron Will with added fire since my strength isn't super capped like yours.

Might suggest the same thing to everyone else who doesn't have over 400 Str, maybe even up to 450.

Tooltip is 15.9k
Light is around 8k
Fire around 6k

Slightly more balanced, but an 8k hit of lightning probably won't shock any yellows/bosses in T15.

Edit: BV is also at a 90% chance to ignite, 15% shock.

Full buffs and potions gives 23.9k BV
10k fire
13k light

Might take me a bit to get used to Conc effect on our igniter.

I think flasks for this in power would be
1 - Surgeons Staunching divine life
2 - Dying sun (If you can afford) or Ruby/Topaz/Sapphire, Seething with curse immune, or granite with armor.
3 - Doedre for clear or Zerphi for DoT boss (switching a faster cast might be a good idea for this)
4 - Silver for clear or Basalt for Phys Boss
5 - Overflowing chalice (Too good to pass up right now)

I was considering taste of hate would be worth it now, but it would cause more trouble than good in Elemental Equilibrium Maps. Same with Vinktar.

I'll probably switch My CWDT 1 to Ice Nova, and switch Arc with Shock nova in my CWDT 20
This will allow us to reset elemental equilibrium
Fire/light - BV
Fire/Ice - Ice Nova
Fire/light - BV

eitherway our fire will always be gimped in EE maps, so I may switch my Fire Burst back to IAoE + CD + Fire pen.

If you have +fire to spells anywhere (sceptre, mantra...) you won't reset EE, at least not away from resisting fire. You could probably reset it around ice/lightning, unless you have +spell damage for those (Vinktar's, sceptre...). Only way you can really exploit EE to your advantage is if you eliminate sources that add elemental damages you want to hit hard with, and can heavily control the order each element hits in.
"
If you have +fire to spells anywhere (sceptre, mantra...) you won't reset EE, at least not away from resisting fire. You could probably reset it around ice/lightning, unless you have +spell damage for those (Vinktar's, sceptre...). Only way you can really exploit EE to your advantage is if you eliminate sources that add elemental damages you want to hit hard with, and can heavily control the order each element hits in.

You realize that's exactly what I just said...

But I don't want to bring focus to EE. It's just a common map mod for red maps. If we wanted to manipulate that though, we could aim for some sort of vortex damage since the DoT will always be cold and it doesn't activate EE.

Edit:

Just tanked Lair boss with 106% extra light

Swap CD for Faster cast on BV, keep your 2 mokou on, use Zerphis flask/Silver. You can tank both his forms this way, Lair being the most challenging boss i've faced with this build.
Last edited by Atomic_Tin_Can on Dec 26, 2016, 11:29:15 PM
So I've been leveling, and am just getting to red maps now. This build is hilarious, though the lag is something of a problem -- I pretty much always crash when I hit a breach, so maybe this wasn't the best choice for this league. :)

At 80, I have most of the core of the tree done, using the original build from page 1 minus the AoF spec. I'm trying to choose between picking up the Breath of Flames cluster for damage/ignite chance and heading down to grab Barbarism. I'll probably do both by lvl 90, but it's not clear whether more life or more ignite/damage is a higher priority. I'm currently sitting at 5.2k life, which may go up as I start picking up a better chest/gloves/boots.
Could anyone take a look at my character and tell me what I can do to improve on boss killing/facetanking guardians easily? Now what else would I need besides a 6L Carcass?

I have the taming+emberwake, is my CWDT setups all good? are the 6 gems in my tabula good or could i be using better gems (besides level 20 gems, which ill get it there eventually)? is my skill tree okay, should I have gotten elemental overload + the 45% skill duration instead of rushing towards Bloodless? thanks for clearing up all my questions!
Last edited by imoogle on Dec 27, 2016, 4:35:39 AM
"
imoogle wrote:
Could anyone take a look at my character and tell me what I can do to improve on boss killing/facetanking guardians easily? Now what else would I need besides a 6L Carcass?

As much health as you can get, 135-140 resists in merc.

Switch culling strike for fortify on your razor (You can vaal culling strike implicit)

Need 20/20 gems.
"
"
imoogle wrote:

As much health as you can get, 135-140 resists in merc.

Switch culling strike for fortify on your razor (You can vaal culling strike implicit)

Need 20/20 gems.

Okay ill switch out culling for fortify and hope to eventually get the culling strike implicit
I know I need 20/20 gems, will get those eventually
I just want to know if my Skill tree is okay and if I have the correct gems socketed for maximum dps for the BV version of this build
Also if my flasks are good? I'm running basalt, doedre, vinktar, staunching life flask, and silver. I've seen people say to use Zerphi's? Should I use that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info