[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
Fire309 wrote:
1) Avatar of Fire? (If no, should I screw the breath of flames cluster?)

2) Tabula Rasa? (If I go belly, wouldn't the colours be a nightmare?)

3) What gem setup should I use for the BV chest links?

4) What the hell is the "shock version"?

1. Dropping AoF requires "Adds Fire Damage to Spell" on the sceptre (which you don't have and cannot craft either) or the unqie Jewel Mantra of Fire (sub-optimal, you can't beat 7% incr max Life on a jewel).

2. As for Tabula vs Belly, it's a no-brainer (read my post just above yours)

3. Since you probably don't want to drop AoF, the same setup you're using now is just fine. If 5-link drop Added Fire or Controlled Destruction, if 4-Link drop both.

5. There is no "shock version". Applying shock makes us deal 50% increased damage, This can be done with Vessel of Vinktar, Vaal Lightning Trap, or reasonably high Lightning Damage, the latter requires to get rid of AoF and a gem setup with focus on Lihtning Damage.

As for your gear... you have to be the first here who used Essence of Hysteria on a Eva/ES-based helmet. We much prefer armour rating. Same goes for your gloves and boots, decent stats, wrong base. ;)
Well, we don't have much armour scaling on tree, so I was just like, eh, grab easy to colour bases. :D

Other than that, just gem quality and level, right? Btw, now I'm using a 5L belly, i dropped inc aoe, and with the extra socket stuck in anger.

Tabula can get you very far in this build, I've done uber labs in a tabula which can equal up to T11 bosses.
Not sure where I should go with this build. I know I need items to get lightning res because I'm not capped. I am waiting for some of items to sell. Any help with items and or links would be great. For the time being I'm farming low level maps. Thanks!
"
Fire309 wrote:
Well, we don't have much armour scaling on tree, so I was just like, eh, grab easy to colour bases. :D

True, we don't have all that much armour scaling in the tree but we're not in the business of evading/dodhing hits either. So every % in reducing physical damage is appreciated. And getting two blue and one green sockets on a STR-based helmet isn't really that expensive.

"
Fire309 wrote:
just gem quality and level, right?

Exactly, and we get the most out of maximising our Fire Burst support gems. Quality on some of our low level spells can also improve our performance, namely AoE for BV, increased Ignite duration with Flammability.

"
Fire309 wrote:
Btw, now I'm using a 5L belly, i dropped inc aoe, and with the extra socket stuck in anger.

You can keep AoE for clearing and swap it for Controlled Destruction at bosses (ditto CtI for Concentrated Effect). And since your spare socket is red, Anger is a good choice, for this too will allow you to drop Avatar of Fire and still get all your Ignites and "moar" damage from BV and non-fire skills in the high level CWDT setup. ;).
Last edited by tomay on Dec 27, 2016, 5:45:47 PM
"
Tabula can get you very far in this build, I've done uber labs in a tabula which can equal up to T11 bosses.

Yea... sometimes we get lucky even with Tabula Rasa (I'm now at 7.8k HP bare naked so Uber Izaro probably won't hurt me much either) and if you want to leave surviving big hits to chance then good luck with Tabula Rasa but we don't kill Izaro-or other bosses for that matter-with the rubbish gems in our chest, now, do we? :D

I mean, seriously? We're celebrating 20k DPS from our chest setup like we've just reinvented the wheel. But when it comes to killing certain bosses 40% increased Fire Damage on Kaom's Heart are way more effective than anything we could possibly bring to the fight in a chest with sockets. Whatever we do to shorten the time between popping a map into Zana's device and meeting the boss is rather moot... because in the end we only need to survive the big hits to win and for this Tabula Rasa is the poorest possible choice.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 27, 2016, 6:31:58 PM
Tanking a hit from izaro in a tabula is no different than in a kaom or belly.

Tabula is great because we don't need a kaoms or belly to farm up our gear, and since those two offer no increase in clear speed, I would advise a tabula until you get all the other equipment set up. Because the only desired defensive stat from those two armors are the health and you don't need 8k hp to do maps below 11, and you shouldn't be trying to level from red maps.

Not saying a tabula is better stat wise because that's obvious it's not, but 10 chaos for a 6link that you can use the entire span of the game minus red maps. That in itself makes it worth using until you get the scepter, gems, jewelry and other defensive boosts that don't cost 10 exalts.

I haven't messed around with kaoms but I can imagine it's a good step up from tabula once you get your gems 20/20. But wearing a 5L belly is worse than tabula imo.
"
Tanking a hit from izaro in a tabula is no different than in a kaom

I beg to differ, 2.5k more HP with Kaom's Heart makes a helluva lot of a difference there.

"
Tabula is great because we don't need a kaoms or belly to farm up our gear

Ah now, we can farm our gear bare naked if need be, just whirl into a pack, get hit and boom, all dead. It just makes us feel so obsolete as players thus we delude ourselves that we kill oh so much faster with our sophisticated gem setup in the chest. :D :D :D
Last edited by tomay on Dec 27, 2016, 6:44:51 PM
Hey, rerolled my marauder to this awesome build and having a blast. Just barely got enough money to buy everything. Using a tabula atm (I know it sucks) and I was wondering if I would want to get a 5l belly which gem should I leave behind if I would want to use the spark setup (4B and 1 G or 3B2G will cost a lot of chrome cause I dont see any atm on poe trade)- as it has more dps then BV setup - or getting a kaoms heart would be better, as it has the best hp bonus + fire dmg buff. I know belly vs kaom was already mentioned several times in this topic.
ign "DarkDonutie"
Forum-Shop: 1035977
Last edited by jaljal on Dec 27, 2016, 6:51:31 PM
Speaking of "obsolete"... just looking at my old Belly with the original colouring:

I might do some testing with Anger (to "superboost" my boss damage, you know ;) and go totally passive. Blasphemy (20q = 10% Curse effectiveness) and 21/20 Flammability (to "superboost" my boss damage even moar ;) and another CWDT setup with two more spells plus a third spell in the boots.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 27, 2016, 7:14:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info