[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Thanks for the info. Will look at a bunch of characters to get inspiration on what to change.

Who said about lags? Phahah.
Video translation is - I said to my friend that if we will get breach in the map and will open it 100% that all clients in the party will directly crash, so the result u can see in the video , all party members get crashed by breach opening with this build , but it was sooii funny to build it . I love this build so much .
So I did some more testing with respect to apply shock with Blade Vortex. I chose the following setup:

Blade Vortex + Spell Echo + Controlled Destruction + Physical to Lightning + Increased AoE + Chance to Ignite

Now, while a median Lightning Damage of appr. 7k doesn't look to shabby on paper in reality we hardly ever have our maximum stacks up while whirling so the chance to shock mobs is rather slim. But for mobs we don't really care , as long as we hit/ignite them they're minced meat anyway, right? But what about the bosses? I choose the following setup:

Blade Vortex + Spell Echo + Controlled Destruction + Physical to Lightning + Conc Effect + Added Lightning Damage

BBBBBG

And this is where it's getting worth our while... with a median Lightning Damage of 16k, 6% crit chance, and 15% Chance to Shock (10% sans The Taming) we have a decent chance to shock anything with a life pool well in excess of 300k (remember, any damage less than 5% of the target's maximum health cannot apply shock).

Now, these are results with 20/20 gems, Carcass Jack (so easy to colour, 18 Chromatics) adds another 10% increased damage, and my sceptre increases Lightning Damage by 27%, but you get the picture... not to mention the 20k average BV damage with five hits per second we now bring to a boss fight. ;)

As for the colouring, similar results should be possible with a red socket (BBBBGR) when you add Iron Will or Empower instead of Added Lightning Damage but you will have to sacrifice Physical to Lighting or Controlled Destruction for Chance to Ignite while clearing maps.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 26, 2016, 10:23:18 AM
"
tomay wrote:
So I did some more testing with respect to apply shock with Blade Vortex. I chose the following setup:

Blade Vortex + Spell Echo + Controlled Destruction + Physical to Lightning + Increased AoE + Chance to Ignite

Now, while a median Lightning Damage of appr. 7k doesn't look to shabby on paper in reality we hardly ever have our maximum stacks up while whirling so the chance to shock mobs is rather slim. But for mobs we don't really care , as long as we hit/ignite them they're minced meat anyway, right? But what about the bosses? I choose the following setup:

Blade Vortex + Spell Echo + Controlled Destruction + Physical to Lightning + Conc Effect + Added Lightning Damage

BBBBBG

And this is where it's getting worth our while... with a median Lightning Damage of 16k, 6% crit chance, and 15% Chance to Shock (10% sans The Taming) we have a decent chance to shock anything with a life pool well in excess of 300k (remember, any damage less than 5% of the target's maximum health cannot apply shock).

Now, these are results with 20/20 gems, Carcass Jack (so easy to colour, 18 Chromatics) adds another 10% increased damage, and my sceptre increases Lightning Damage by 27%... but you get the picture. ;)

As for the colouring, similar results should be possible with a red socket (BBBBGR) when you add Iron Will or Empower instead of Added Lightning Damage but you will have to sacrifice Physical to Lighting or Controlled Destruction for Chance to Ignite while clearing maps.

How's the total life with Carcass? I'm leveling the build atm, and have a 6L belly laying around and not really that excited at the prospect of 5 off coloring the thing. If the survivability hit isn't huge I'm considering swapping to Carcass instead.
Don't forget that by default we have some of the skill effect duration nodes, which apply to the shocks. With +45% duration we only need to do about 3.45% HP to shock, which takes a "300k" HP threshold to "435k". The minimum requirements to shock/freeze are coded in terms of duration, which is indirectly controlled by HP in default situations, but anything that adjusts durations will help. Conceivably an Increased Duration gem might help, but I'm not sure if it would "double dip" onto the shocks or not; it'd make the blades of BV last longer, making it easier to maintain stacks.

It's also really easy to maintain 20 stacks in a reflect map, long as you have a BV in a CWDT setup.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Dec 26, 2016, 10:26:29 AM
"
How's the total life with Carcass?

My life pool with Carcass Jack is 7.5k at lvl 96, down from 8.2k with Belly (see profile for skill tree).

I only choose CJ for the easy colouring (running around in a Tabula is so undignifying at 96 ;) but I would not consider it a good choice for this build. While the 20% increased AoE make for even better clear speed with BV the loss of HP is just too big to prevent "lucky strikes" from late-game bosses. Stick to your Belly! ;)

As I said, similar results should be possible with the "default" BBBBGR colouring if you use IW or Empower.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 26, 2016, 10:42:37 AM
"
TimeDilation wrote:
Don't forget that by default we have some of the skill effect duration nodes, which apply to the shocks. With +45% duration we only need to do about 3.45% HP to shock, which takes a "300k" HP threshold to "435k". The minimum requirements to shock/freeze are coded in terms of duration, which is indirectly controlled by HP in default situations, but anything that adjusts durations will help. Conceivably an Increased Duration gem might help, but I'm not sure if it would "double dip" onto the shocks or not; it'd make the blades of BV last longer, making it easier to maintain stacks.

It's also really easy to maintain 20 stacks in a reflect map, long as you have a BV in a CWDT setup.

My point being that we gain more from Physical to Lightning than from Added Fire Damage without Avatar of Fire.... if we choose BV as our active skill. ;)

And even if we we don't have the 20 stacks up all the time while clearing maps it's not the end of the world since we don't need shock to blow up mobs.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 26, 2016, 11:10:19 AM
"
tomay wrote:
"
How's the total life with Carcass?

My life pool with Carcass Jack is 7.5k at lvl 96, down from 8.2k with Belly (see profile for skill tree).

I only choose CJ for the easy colouring (running around in a Tabula is so undignifying at 96 ;) but I would not consider it a good choice for this build. While the 20% increased AoE make for even better clear speed with BV the loss of HP is just too big to prevent "lucky strikes" from late-game bosses. Stick to your Belly! ;)

As I said, similar results should be possible with the "default" BBBBGR colouring if you use IW or Empower.

Yeah I just bought one just to try it out, imo the build actually feels more fluid and 'safer' for multiple reasons, the global inc. aoe from carcass actually helps alot for clears and leech since it affects everything casted from cwdt, haven't really noticed a big impact from using PtL though, but then again I've only tried this for like, one map lol. I'll see whether I like it better than belly after one or two days of playing. Have you considered Brass Dome?
"
Have you considered Brass Dome?

I have... but I don't have one and I'm not inclined to spend "big currency" on this toon at the moment. But I suppose "crit immunity" would make it ultimately the best choice for late-game content.

No-life body armour = 7.404 HP
Belly of the Beast = 8.175 HP
Kaom's Heart = 9.324 HP

Someone do the maths regarding EHP and critical strikes... if you want. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Dec 26, 2016, 11:06:58 AM
"
tomay wrote:
"
Have you considered Brass Dome?

I have... but I don't have one and I'm not inclined to spend "big currency" on this toon at the moment. But I suppose "crit immunity" would make it ultimately the best choice for late-game content.

No-life body armour = 7.404 HP
Belly of the Beast = 8.175 HP
Kaom's Heart = 9.324 HP

Someone do the maths regarding EHP and critical strikes... if you want. ;)

Yeah that's a good point.

Also, it feels like switching to Carcass + PtL increases my map clears significantly, maybe just me, idk, but tbh not sure why I didn't consider using it before, thanks!
Last edited by ultimatecat on Dec 26, 2016, 11:12:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info