[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
rigzaggon wrote:
I thought this was an awesome build and leveled a marauder just for this build but now that I'm about to transition to the build I find that eye of innocence cost ~400 chaos orbs in BH. Is there any other amulet that I could use until I get the currency to purchase that unique? If not, is there any other cheap build I could play as with the same passive tree?

Certain totems work well. You pass right by most of the totem nodes, so you could pick those up, though if you ever intend to come back to this build you will have to refund those nodes, though most of the cost will be covered by the refund points you can get from quests; I actually did this myself, using dual flameblast totems. I'm not really familiar with Warchief totems, but I hear those work well; main reason I don't like them is that they are apparently keyed to your weapons, so if you don't invest in a nice weapon (or pair of weapons) you won't get much out of them. That can be hard to do early in a league, or when you're not big on trading.

As for staying in-build as much as possible...

I mentioned several pages back that you could duplicate the self-inflicted damage by using one or more Heartbound Loop rings and adding in a low level Summon Skeletons into one of your low level CWDTs, and possibly giving yourself a manual Skeletons cast as well. That duplicates that particular feature of the eye, helping to proc your CWDTs, and it even does physical damage which should make it pretty easy to set up for Vaal Molten Shell destruction (I've not personally checked that this works, but I believe it does; it works with regular Molten Shell, at least). You're left without self-ignites, though if you're using Heartbound instead of Mokou and no Eye, there's no benefit to being ignited. More noticeable is the lack of extra fire leech (while ignited). Cloaked in Savagery shouldn't make this a big deal, but if you notice that you seem a little shorter on leech than you'd prefer you may have to look into ways of getting more.

One thing to note when going this way is that the need for high ignite chance diminishes (you can still get some small healing from the razor, but that's it). So you don't have to use a Hysteria helmet (you still want the sceptre) or chance to ignite gems. This opens up several other potential options, and in particular a lot more control over the life/stats/resists you get from your helmet.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Dec 25, 2016, 2:07:11 PM
Hmm, I'm thinking that I will roll this bad boy, Im just curious: How about Guardians (other than minotaur), breachlords (mostly chayula) and shaper?
"
Hmm, I'm thinking that I will roll this bad boy, Im just curious: How about Guardians (other than minotaur), breachlords (mostly chayula) and shaper?

I was having zero issues facetanking the Chimera and the mob phases, until he went into his cloud phase and I didn't know what to do. I lucked into ending it a few times without knowing what I did, got through all of the phases and got him down to maybe 10%, and then he went cloud again and didn't figure out what to do before running out of portals. Otherwise likely would have been a fairly easy, deathless kill.

Xoph isn't much of a problem, though you will likely have to pay attention to whether or not you are in one of his DoTs, as they are pretty severe (and don't trigger CWDTs). Esh I can fairly effortlessly facetank. Tul is a shotgunning over-tuned cheater, though they recently nerfed him to be in more in line with Xoph and Esh and I haven't tried him since then. Stepping on the breaches that randomly spawn will add some extra mobs, which are good for us to leech from, proc CWDTs, and get flask charges. I've not solo'd Uul-Netol or Chayula.

I don't think the build is designed to be capable of handling Shaper. I've never tried Shaper with this or any other build, though. Really anything that has an immunity mode or has a "you are required to hide from this bullet hell because up yours" mode is problematic, as any build with Vaal Pact is almost wholly dependent on leeching to regain HP, especially in a prolonged boss fight, and a lot of our defenses outside of leech come from flasks. Shaper falls into that; as do the Dark Forest boss and the Waterways boss, as they both have total immunity phases while continuing to attack (and Waterways boss even does full reflect at the same time).
Breach lords are easy.

There's not much that can counter this setup besides high degen and one shot.
TimeDilation

Thanks for answer. So basicly: Ele guardians YES but u must watch out, Guardians YES except chimera when You need to figure the shit out, Shaper: no coz its shaper.

All I wanted to know, ty.
"
Shaper: no coz its shaper.

You'll never know until you try... there are some Vaal Pact Zerkers out there who just facetank the shaper... with only 6k HP. :)
Loving this build but there are a few concerns that are starting to make me think twice.

-Lag is pretty intensive. I knew it before starting but the lag makes the next issue much worse.

-Bleeding/Chaos damage taken is nasty. It seems like I am dead before the lag stops in most cases.

-Damage against higher bosses and such is a bit lower than I like.

Any suggestions to help fix these issues are appreciated. I like to tweek builds so it seems this one is no different.
"
Layuth wrote:
Loving this build but there are a few concerns that are starting to make me think twice.

-Lag is pretty intensive. I knew it before starting but the lag makes the next issue much worse.

-Bleeding/Chaos damage taken is nasty. It seems like I am dead before the lag stops in most cases.

-Damage against higher bosses and such is a bit lower than I like.

Any suggestions to help fix these issues are appreciated. I like to tweek builds so it seems this one is no different.

This build has a ton of variety, the only staple needed for this build is the ability to ignite yourself, the 50% ignite helmet, and the scepter/sword.

I'm not sure what boss or monster is causing your bleeding issues but try using Zerphi's flask, you'll 100% need a silver flask if you do this though. You can also run Deaths Door, but you'll take a nasty hit to your HP which is pretty important.

Personally I run Arc/Flame surge on my level 20 CWDT and the clear speed stays phenomenal with the shock.

Breach lag atm seems universal (usually esh for me), but this build does a lot better than any other during these laggy situations.

The taming with emberwake should take care of all boss damage issues. It will play more like a degen than a burst damage though.

So try some skills out, Here's a list of skills I've tried and they work great.

Shock nova
Ice nova
Arc
Flame Surge (The clear speed increase is very noticeable)
Flame Dash (Nice for Tul Breachlord)
Freezing Pulse (I like to have a close range and a mid-long range in my 20 CWDT slots)

If you run flame surge though, you should consider taking ele focus off your scepter. You don't want to have 2 skills than can't ignite. I use increase area + conc + Controlled Dest on my scepter and it's very fluid and enjoyable, and then some like Fire Penetration.

It's all up to what you like to play when it comes to the cwdt skills, in the end it's hard to brick this build to the point of no return.
Is Emberwake worth using without Taming? If so in what scenarios (though I'm guessing it's just on enemies that live for long enough so you can stack enough ignites).

Also, could someone clarify in what cases AoF is actually needed and in which ones it's not?
Someone mentioned that with Sceptres that have the "add fire damage to spells" mod, it's not required, is that correct?
"
arcana wrote:
Is Emberwake worth using without Taming? If so in what scenarios (though I'm guessing it's just on enemies that live for long enough so you can stack enough ignites).

Also, could someone clarify in what cases AoF is actually needed and in which ones it's not?
Someone mentioned that with Sceptres that have the "add fire damage to spells" mod, it's not required, is that correct?

Think of Ember as your boss killer and Mokou as your clear speed. So in short, yes it is worth using ember without taming, but mainly just for bosses.

As far as AOF, if you have anything that adds fire damage to spells, then you can opt out of AOF. Elemental Equilibrium will be slightly easier to deal with, but only if you have a sizable damage cold or lightning spell.

Eitherway, you'll do more than enough damage to deal with any trash, AOF or not.

Take a look at some of our characters to get a good idea how versatile this build can be. Both in skill gems and gear, I'm sure you could make a build around a bunch of different armors that will suit your playstyle. Once you get the required items you'll see what I mean, damage on this build is definitely not an issue.
Last edited by Atomic_Tin_Can on Dec 26, 2016, 3:01:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info