[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Well, Physical to Lightning and focus on lightning damage optimisation with BV through Iron Will, Empower, or flat Added Lightning Damage only makes sense if we can drop Avatar of Fire* with the aim to apply shock without Vaal Lightning Trap (which requires us to drop one of our precious spells) or Vessel of Vinktar (so we can fiddle around with other handy utility flasks such as Doedre's Elixier**, Dying Sun, or Zerphi's Last Breath).

* This requires either "Adds Fire Damage to Spells" on our sceptre or Mantra of Flames (for which we will have to kiss one of our dearly loved "7% increased maximum Life" jewels good-bye).

** Doedre's Elixier only takes 10% of our maximum Life with Chaos Damage but in order to proc Cloaked in Savagery with a self-inflicted Savage Hit we need 15% thus Purity of Flesh in the skill tree is a No-No, our Chaos resistance must not be better then -50%.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 26, 2016, 12:21:42 PM
That tooltip BV though, dayum.

And 5b in carcass, god bless. I may actually be able to do this variation. I'll chop off my arm's and legs before I try to 4b another Belly.
"
I'll chop off my arm's and legs before I try to 4b another Belly.

Pretty much the main reason why I switched to Carcass, took me 2 chromes to 5B1G, didn't even bother trying on the belly. And on the bonus side, I'm now quite certain that in terms of dps overall Carcass outstrips Belly by quite a huge margin all things considered (global inc. AoE, PtL shock, AoE dmg). Might even say it's BiS for BV version of this build, unless I can grab my hand on a 5B brass dome to try it out :(
"
That tooltip BV though, dayum.

Well, if you like this Tooltip BV and your armour is coloured BBBBGR then you're in luck. ;)

Here's the result with BV + SE + PtL + CD + CE + IW (all 20/20)

Note: I only have a "+1 Gems" Tabula so this is not quite representative. I have also tried lvl 3 Empower (the Tabula makes it effectively lvl 4) and the damage is actually less than with Iron Will. In fact, Iron Will even trumps Added Lightning Damage in the same +1 Tabula in terms of average combined damage, however, Added Lightning Damage yields slightly more lightning damage:

Last edited by tomay on Dec 27, 2016, 8:40:35 PM
Just for the lawls i wanted to try a Brass Dome. Ended up with:

Not sure if i want to spend the chromes to 4 blue, at least not until i get my vorici to 6 myself. Would a level 4 empower be better than Added Fire Damage (i do have added fire damage to spells on sceptre).

Last edited by NathanLucas2005 on Dec 26, 2016, 2:58:54 PM
Let's see what we can do with two red sockets and compare the tooltip damage of different setups with all gems 21/20 and maximum stacks:

BV + SE + AoE + CtI + IW + Empower (lvl 4) = 7.807 avg damge

BV + SE + AoE + CtI + IW + AFD = avg damage 9.772

Empower level 4 is definitely a looser for us, any way you look at it. However, the reason for dropping Avatar of Fire is to apply shock on bosses, not to turn our active setup into some awesome killer skill the world will be raving about... if we get a few extra DPS out of it, so be it, but this is by no means essential. And in this regard you're pretty much screwed with two red sockets... the best setup to shock bosses with two red sockets would be

BV + SE + PtL + CE + IW + Empower (lvl 4) = avg damage 19.254 (with 13.5k median lightning damage)

Bottom line: rather than investing in lvl 4 Empower it's probably cheaper to re-colour the body armour with BBBBRG... and get even more damage (see screenshots above). Or buy the Vessel of Vinktar. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Dec 26, 2016, 4:14:24 PM
So with The Taming and Emberwake what is the best setup for higher boss damage? I assume Avatar of Fire will be taken. Trash isn't an issue, I just want to superboost my boss damage.
So you want to superboost your boss damage? Well, here is how it's done: spam Hysterias on a ilvl 84 Void/Opal sceptre until you get

79% increased Spell Damage
30% increased Fire Damge
Adds 49-85 Fire Damage to Spells
25% increased Cast Speed

Good luck with that... :D
Failing that, our options to "boost" the boss damage are rather limited. We can cast high-level Flammability manually and/or shock the boss with either the Vessel of Vinktar or Vaal Lightning Trap or reasonably high lightning damage with our active skill setup. The latter requires us to drop Avatar of Fire and in order to do that we need either "Adds xx Fire Damage to Spells" on our sceptre or the unique jewel Mantra of Fire.

We kill with Fire Burst, period. The little bit of extra damage we may bring to the boss fight matters very little in the grand scheme of things.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 26, 2016, 6:44:13 PM
We probably put out 300k dps at the least, more than enough for any boss.

If you want more boss killing potential, gear up in favor of burn damage (ember/taming).

If you want more clear speed, gear up for your fire burst damage/aoe, as well as attack speed boosts.
Use 2x Mokou.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info