[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

3.0 Update on the matter.

Every afk mechanic about the build funcions the same.

As for clearing setups, magma orb is much more versitile than dark pact, so I tried the endgame with it.

I have killed all guardians deathless, that is: Minotaur, Hydra, Phoenix and Chimera.

I also killed shaper with it, but I died three times, all very avoidable, but I am noob xD.

There are some affordable +2 magma orb chains helmets on harbinger league, I recommend you all to get them as magma orb feels really good. This enchant makes it possible to off screen, though it is not important for the main setup.

A new video will be released on the matter, but untill then watch my profile and don't be turned off by the expense of my gear, this build works all the way from very cheap to not so cheap ;).

IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Two questions.

1) What caused the switch from incinerate to magma orb? Magma orb should hit less, right?

2) I checked your profile (am mostly following your gem setup), and you don't have anything socketed as support for fire burst in your scepter. I thought Fire Burst would be our main source of damage, or at least a large chunk, so why not controlled destruction, ele. focus, and fire pen as before?
"
Fire309 wrote:
Two questions.

1) What caused the switch from incinerate to magma orb? Magma orb should hit less, right?

2) I checked your profile (am mostly following your gem setup), and you don't have anything socketed as support for fire burst in your scepter. I thought Fire Burst would be our main source of damage, or at least a large chunk, so why not controlled destruction, ele. focus, and fire pen as before?

I changed my 3.0 text on the first page a bit more after this post.

In 2.6 and before, ignite was very powerful and fireburst was able to one shot most packs and rares, as long as they got ignited. As seen in the build post, ignite was heavily nerfed in 3.0, making fireburst much weaker.

1. So I searched for active setups actually making a significant amount of damage and found magma orb and dark pact. These gems make a lot of damage without the need for us to change our tree or gearing much. To clear things up, I don't use magma orb primarily to trigger my spells as often as possible (it triggers them a lot anyways), but to kill everything within a screen or two.

With the total of 3% fire leech, I can facetank shapers degen beam and with savage hit, in some occations facetank his cold balls hitting for like 5k each.

2. As fireburst makes very low damage nowdays as the ignite is useless, it is not even necessary to use fireburst sceptre, as you can use any rare or doryani's catalyst. Therefore, I won't waste three gem slots on supporting it. Instead I expand my low lvl cwdt setups with an extra gmp ball lightning for extra survivability.
Last edited by ChrispieD on Aug 16, 2017, 4:06:24 AM
i am probably dumb as i fail to understand what exactly deals the damage in this build. With the Ignite nerfs i have no idea how this all is working? And it seems fireburst is out as you said so yourself?

Care to point me to the "how this build works" which i probably missed?
edit: double post
Last edited by lordchopf on Aug 16, 2017, 4:57:56 AM
"
lordchopf wrote:
i am probably dumb as i fail to understand what exactly deals the damage in this build. With the Ignite nerfs i have no idea how this all is working? And it seems fireburst is out as you said so yourself?

Care to point me to the "how this build works" which i probably missed?

In the build guide video we made about a year ago, we explained how the afk mechanics work, and that fireburst utilizes the cyclic spell spams to hit hard every tenth of a hit on the mobs, with a cooldown of 0.5 seconds. The cyclic spell spams could be activated by getting hit by mods, or by damaging yourself by igniting with abberath's hooves or by manually spamming spells. Examples of manually spells I tested were; blade vortex, incinerate, spark etc.

The fireburst damage could be boosted in two ways, to clear very well.

1. Taming+up to 300 emberwake ignites, making it do up to 3000% increased damage. Emberwake was changed in 3.0 to two ignites, breaking this interaction.

2. Utilizing double dipping ignite, one shot packs and rares when igniting, abberath's hooves spread the ignite when the targets died. After 3.0, the ignite makes something like 1/20 of the former damage, making it essentially useless.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 3.0 I am manually casting magma orb, hitting for around 200-300k dps. That is, magma orb is doing all of the damage. This is the setup I consider to be the best for 3.0.

If you want to have the old playstyle of walking and killing mobs, that still works, but it is slower. Also it is essencially useless against bosses, making the boss fights longer than the whole map clear.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That being said, this build can still afk the exact same bosses in 3.0, that it could afk in 2.6.

Hope this clears things up.
Mmm I see no gear on the forums. I only found it in the video in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IvA95dNCMM but that is not up2date for 3.0 is it? Sorry I'm just confused as to what gear & gem links this build requires exactly.

Maybe you could add a path of building pastebin or something or a spoiler section with your current gear and gem links in it?
"

Mmm I see no gear on the forums. I only found it in the video in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IvA95dNCMM but that is not up2date for 3.0 is it? Sorry I'm just confused as to what gear & gem links this build requires exactly.

Maybe you could add a path of building pastebin or something or a spoiler section with your current gear and gem links in it?

He suggests in like the first post to refer to his profile/character if you want to follow his current set up for an idea.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ChrispieD/characters
Refer to LAFKL. But it is looking like his more expensive variation as the boots alone are 3ex and Essence of Hysteria is like 40chaos each (all on Standard mind you).
Greetings.
Question for ChrispieD
I can use this helmet for 3.0 ?

Whether is obligatory " Socketed Gems Have 50% Chance To Ignite " on a helmet ?
Thanks.
"
AldorDoral wrote:
Greetings.
Question for ChrispieD
I can use this helmet for 3.0 ?

Whether is obligatory " Socketed Gems Have 50% Chance To Ignite " on a helmet ?
Thanks.

While it's not a must, it is very highly recommended as it is a core mod for the build. You can try without it an see if you are happy and if you are not, roll it with essence of hysteria. U essentially lose one spell on your cwdt setups.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info