[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
myshild wrote:
"
majesthro wrote:
What about bandits?

Tree planner says 2 skillpoints, so kill all bandits

Yes, kill all bandits.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
Rhareg wrote:
Im using a Glitterdisc atm which has 100% ignite chance while being ignited, which seems huge!
Unfortunately it also got 25% to avoid fire dmg on hit, which may prevent eye of innocence to proc and therefore cast our cwdt.
just tried it for a short time, may need some more testing..
What's your thought on glitterdisc?

Glitterdisc is a very viable budget leveling item, as it gives high ignite chance easily. However, it is only as good as having 75% ignite and with our tree, gear and curses we already have around 50% ignite chance. With essence of hysteria helm and chance to ignite supports on several gems, we can reach around 100% ignite chance, that beats glitterdisc by a good margin.

Also glitterdisc makes you lose a lot of dps.

So good budget, but not nice endgame.
I find that I don't like the way Magma Orb acts. It acts like a slow projectile but only hits when it lands, so it's common for me to use it see it sail over a mob's head. I'm not sure if things will be different with spell echo and faster cast and jewels, but would using Firestorm instead of Magma Orb would hinder the build much?
"
CedricDur wrote:
I find that I don't like the way Magma Orb acts. It acts like a slow projectile but only hits when it lands, so it's common for me to use it see it sail over a mob's head. I'm not sure if things will be different with spell echo and faster cast and jewels, but would using Firestorm instead of Magma Orb would hinder the build much?

There will be an insane difference in using fire storm in terms of clear speed, as it's best for single target, speaking of endgame. When leveling, use whatever you like the most.

Magma orb feels really good endgame clear hitting your whole screen + off screaning. Faster projectiles makes it bounce faster. Leveling it increases the number of bounces.
Yeah, I have two of the jewels and it is starting to pick up already. Good show.
The build is updated with the new clearing setup and a new montage video is released. Hope you will enyoj it!
ChrispieD
Is it still viable to go for the 6-linked blade vortex and the rest like Avatar of Fire as shown in the original video with a rat cage and vaal molten shell?
I was excited try this (as I recently got a 6L Belly of the Beast). But then I saw 4 blue gems needed on chest armor .... yikes, that's nearly impossible on an Armor/Evasion chest.
Chrispie, I've some probably dumb questions I'd like to ask you.

1 - What purpose do all the CWDT setups serve? Their damage is minimal since they are not linked to damage boosting gems so they won't really leech much either, correct? It is just for the extra hits and chances to proc ignites?

2 - You mention how ignite was supernerfed and indeed PoB shows something like ignite doing 7k DPS, which is a drop of water compared to the 166k magma is doing. Is there a point in seeking to stay on the path of ignites still? We can only have one ignite per enemy, correct?

3 - I'm assuming Magma Orb calculations in PoB do not include the extra projectiles since removing one Inevitability jewel only altered the damage minimally due to the loss of the 15% fire damage, so this means it is actually 166k x3. If we use Slowed projectiles we hit twice with each orb? So 166k x3 x2?

This in turn made me check PoB again. My newbishness rears its head again though, so please bear with me. The leech shows as 8.3k. Again, I'm assuming this is per orb since removing one Inevitability gem makes little difference. That would mean 8.3k x3 orbs not counting the 1% life when we ignite someone (or at least I think it does not count, but I may be wrong though it does not really matter since we are already overhealing by so much). Doesn't that make Cloaked in Savagery superfluous? It could open healing shouts for some content (lab traps) or the -6% damage taken.

4 - I was using a Sire of Shards to level and realized if we have our cursor juuuuust touching our character's feet in a certain direction then instead of throwing the balls in a nova they all are shot in the direction of the cursor. Changing to one in PoB drops the damage to 154k minus 12k from Fire burst, minus 3k in ignite DPS, but adds four extra projectiles. That makes it 154 x7 if we do that cursor thing juuuuust by our character's feet in the direction we want to aim it (basically just for bosses, cast normally for map clearing).

This drops the leech to 7.7k, but with four extra projectiles does it become 7.7k x7? Even keeping the Eye of Innocence and both Makous and hurting ourselves with them we should still be outpacing that damage by a ridiculous amount.

I apologize for the wall of text. I'm sure you've looked through these ideas/questions and picked and discarded them while I come in thinking I discovered gunpowder.
Hi, Who will tell a step-by-step tree?
Skill Tree - Level 25:
Skill Tree - Level 55:
Skill Tree - Level 75:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info