[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
Hergendy wrote:
ChrispieD
Is it still viable to go for the 6-linked blade vortex and the rest like Avatar of Fire as shown in the original video with a rat cage and vaal molten shell?

It still works, but it not as fun as before as the clear speed is too low. If you would try blade vortex active setup, I would recommend xoph's nurture+signal fire quiver.

Still, magma orb is much better. As for vaal molten shell it works as before, with a bit lower damage because of taming nerf. I might think about making a clip about vaal molten shell.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
jbd007 wrote:
I was excited try this (as I recently got a 6L Belly of the Beast). But then I saw 4 blue gems needed on chest armor .... yikes, that's nearly impossible on an Armor/Evasion chest.

Takes an avarage of 600-700 chroms, took me like 500 to 4b1g1r with 1b or 2b vorici. Getting a 6L costs 1500 fusings on vorici, so not so much a problem to get 700 chroms right after that threshold? ;)

Using belly is not a must, just buy a 6l es hybrid chest and essence of greed craft it for around an exalt. Or get a 5l armour. This way you don't have to play with chroms.
"
CedricDur wrote:
Chrispie, I've some probably dumb questions I'd like to ask you.

1 - What purpose do all the CWDT setups serve? Their damage is minimal since they are not linked to damage boosting gems so they won't really leech much either, correct? It is just for the extra hits and chances to proc ignites?

2 - You mention how ignite was supernerfed and indeed PoB shows something like ignite doing 7k DPS, which is a drop of water compared to the 166k magma is doing. Is there a point in seeking to stay on the path of ignites still? We can only have one ignite per enemy, correct?

3 - I'm assuming Magma Orb calculations in PoB do not include the extra projectiles since removing one Inevitability jewel only altered the damage minimally due to the loss of the 15% fire damage, so this means it is actually 166k x3. If we use Slowed projectiles we hit twice with each orb? So 166k x3 x2?

This in turn made me check PoB again. My newbishness rears its head again though, so please bear with me. The leech shows as 8.3k. Again, I'm assuming this is per orb since removing one Inevitability gem makes little difference. That would mean 8.3k x3 orbs not counting the 1% life when we ignite someone (or at least I think it does not count, but I may be wrong though it does not really matter since we are already overhealing by so much). Doesn't that make Cloaked in Savagery superfluous? It could open healing shouts for some content (lab traps) or the -6% damage taken.

4 - I was using a Sire of Shards to level and realized if we have our cursor juuuuust touching our character's feet in a certain direction then instead of throwing the balls in a nova they all are shot in the direction of the cursor. Changing to one in PoB drops the damage to 154k minus 12k from Fire burst, minus 3k in ignite DPS, but adds four extra projectiles. That makes it 154 x7 if we do that cursor thing juuuuust by our character's feet in the direction we want to aim it (basically just for bosses, cast normally for map clearing).

This drops the leech to 7.7k, but with four extra projectiles does it become 7.7k x7? Even keeping the Eye of Innocence and both Makous and hurting ourselves with them we should still be outpacing that damage by a ridiculous amount.

I apologize for the wall of text. I'm sure you've looked through these ideas/questions and picked and discarded them while I come in thinking I discovered gunpowder.

1. Low lvl CWDT with ignite creates loops which heal us, trigger elemental overload, ignites us, which increases our damage output. The higher levels are for big hits from enemies with instant leech with cloaked in savagery. Watch the build guide video from earlier for more info.

2. I think the first answer answers the second question as well. Ignites-->more damage on our gear and more survivability, not for the actual ignite damage.

3. The magma orb hits for around 200-300k dps in poedb, with frenzies up etc. Projectiles don't overlap eachother in terms of damage, and can only hit the same target once per bounce. With slower projectiles you can bounce more times on same target, small targets maybe 2 times and large targets even 3 or more bounces.

Cloaked in savagery is there for afkability, or for target you didn't happen to hit with your magma orb. The high level CWDT will save your life multiple times thanks to cloaked in savagery.

4. As mentioned, more projectiles doesn't mean they can overlap the same target in terms of damage or leech, this is only maybe by bounce area overlap. Shire of shards has excellent clear behaviour with magma orb, but removes our movement skill whirling blades and removes our heal on ignite. This means that it breaks and important core of this build. But you can have it on weapon switch for clear and see if you like it. For me, the clearing is already good enough without shire of shards.
Heya thanks for updating the guide for 3.0. Which items do you consider upgrades for the build in 3.0? Ideally I would like to min max as much as possible but just wondering what would be best as far as uniques and such go to put into it.
Argh, only one projectile counts. Yeah, that kills it :D It was too good, of course.

Thanks for the time, Chrispie.
"
Lavitz323 wrote:
Heya thanks for updating the guide for 3.0. Which items do you consider upgrades for the build in 3.0? Ideally I would like to min max as much as possible but just wondering what would be best as far as uniques and such go to put into it.

Potential upgrades are clearly showed in the "afk gone balls" montage clip on first page, in the item guide. Watch it an ask if you still find it too cheap ;).

Then u can corrupt +1 curse eye of innocence. You can also +1 to all gems your belly of the beast with 4 blue, 1 green and 1 red. Then you could always get insane jewels. Lastly you could roll insane opal rings with like 35% inc fire damage, 20% inc ele dmg, cast speed, life and resists. You could roll rare sceptre with like 150+ damage roll and 20% cast speed as well.

But the upgrades listed in the video are more reasonable, as the things mentioned here only will get you marginal improvements.
Im lv 93 with 6700HP (dont have 6L belly yet) and im still being 1shoted on t11+ maps and harbinger maps. Exact same build, gems still leveling but nothing more defensive to do and 6700HP isnt enough to be alive, what can i do to improve my survival?
welcome to path of trading!
Last edited by meumaxu on Aug 23, 2017, 12:59:08 PM
whats the pantheon god powers like which one would be best?
"
meumaxu wrote:
Im lv 93 with 6700HP (dont have 6L belly yet) and im still being 1shoted on t11+ maps and harbinger maps. Exact same build, gems still leveling but nothing more defensive to do and 6700HP isnt enough to be alive, what can i do to improve my survival?

You could change 1 of your mokou's embrace to ring with increased fire damage and life roll. You could run a 5 link belly instead of your chestpiece.

When it comes to the passive tree, you have take chaos damage nodes??? Maybe you tried dark pact or something. Despeck and take revenge of the haunted. You can also despeck celestial punishment and take another two 4% life nods. Also one of your jewels is missing %increase life which should have a 7% roll.

Doing all of those things will bring your life pool up to 7.9k hp. Belly only stands for 300 of those hp and is the least worth upgrade, so not really recommended in your cast as it is hard to colour.

Here is tha pastebin, which can be used with path of building:
https://pastebin.com/wnXW7t2k

However, these things won't help you unless you know what you are dying of, most likely map mods.

I run a raider ranger in harbinger on 4.3k hp and don't get oneshot by harbinger packs. If you have elemental weakness and go under max res, there is a one shot risk. There are loads of mods that increase the chance of you dying. When you see dangerous map mods, a general tip would be to long range the packs with magma orb, as your current life pool is limited, if you really want to level.

Hope this helps!
what gems whould you use for a 5 link- Belly ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info