Lets talk about a sword design mainly starforge.

"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Objectively +2 range is much better than AoE, bleeding + +2 support gem is better then no elemental damage + shock and 90-100 life.

+2 range is much better only for ONE skill - Cyclone. Get Lacerate - and that bonus turns completely useless.
Bleed is good, but it doesnt stack. And you can still get it as Assassin.
+2 support gem is good for what? Enlighten? Enhance? Empower? I strongly doubt that there are many builds who can benefits from that. For all others, it's just a negligible 5% DPS increase, no more.
And calling 90-100 life & 20% AoE arent strong enough bonuses.. LOL! Only total noob is PoE could say that....

Starforge is still worth 6 Exalteds. Do you really believe, that crap weapon would keep that high price?

First off I don't know why your throwing ascends in here because crit dagger or crit anything else would be better than 2h starforge (Expect claws I guess).

+2 range is better for any other skill but lacerate. Almost all lacerate characters are slayers anyway so it fills up the entire screen. So objectively +2 range is better in almost all cases but lacerate, in which it's not that great of a mod anyway. +20% more AoE damage would been better. If your going to name skills, disfavors builds are in general stronger then starforge builds anyway.

Bleed is free so it doesn't matter if it doesn't stack.

Also I said it was worse then the disfavor, I didn't say the sword was bad. I already stated the premesis of the thread is why isn't the 2h sword as good as disfavor depsite fulfilling the same role as "best unquie weapon" of that class.

6ex is the general price of a rare sword around the same dps as the starforge, obviously it's going to cost that much.

Also +2 support gem is godly as hell for your 6-link for supports. Enlighten, Enhance, Empower and more attached to your extra stuff is extremely strong. Which is why I said shocking is similar to this, but at least you don't have status immunes getting in the way.

20% increase aoe and 90-100 life + shock but having a massive downside isn't stronger than a similar weapon with similar levels of mods with 0 downsides. I'm being fair here, you don't have to defend the sword as "good". The discussion is that disfavor is better then it, unless your going to argue that disfavor is better then starforge.

The sword only being useful for lacerate makes it extremely disappointing.

Enlighten, enhance and empower are NOT used with melee abilities. Why you think plus support gems matters one bit on the item is beyond all logic.

Can you use it for something niche or unique, sure, but the +2 support gems in the weapon mean absolutely nothing to any build that wants to use those links in the weapon for attacks.

You could use the sword for the totem build as well if you wanted to. Ultimately the main issue is sword nodes kind of suck, not that the weapon does.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Enlighten, enhance and empower are NOT used with melee abilities. Why you think plus support gems matters one bit on the item is beyond all logic.

Can you use it for something niche or unique, sure, but the +2 support gems in the weapon mean absolutely nothing to any build that wants to use those links in the weapon for attacks.

You could use the sword for the totem build as well if you wanted to. Ultimately the main issue is sword nodes kind of suck, not that the weapon does.

I think people are missing the point of +2 support gems, if you do attach empower (and it's viable for your build) that +2 empower with empower buffing all of your gems is much more interesting and build defining then "shocking" will ever be. You also are wearing a 2h weapon, you can put your links into your chest. +2 support gems would be for your non-attacks such as all of auras/extra shit you can run on the side, such as enchanced purity/hatered for overcapped resists at very high levels at a lower mana cost so you can run more then usual.

+2 support gems is more build defining and interesting then shocking ever will be, and at worst you can get up to 10% more damage on your main attack anyway. It's the extremely flexibility and allowing you to build in different ways that can be very strong, shocking + no elemental damage almost limits starforge to like 2 builds.

For example I can have purity of lighting + fire + hate + empower + enlighten + decoy totem (free empower buff) in the weapon. (setup for killing uber aztiri back on the day)

This is why I rate +2 to support gems equal or a bit better then shocking.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 20, 2016, 12:23:06 PM
Thanks Chu.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
So I guess +2 support gems has to go on the axe.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Like I'm just saying when the sword isn't as powerful as people think and it's just comparable to you know the atziri axe and the rarity of the sword is fucking Atziri gloves I believe it should be more powerful that's all.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
There is one upside to the sword that I don't think anyone has pointed out. It says deal no elemental damage, it says nothing about chaos damage. You can make use of Physical to Extra Chaos nodes or items.
"

So the drawback of this specfic weapon that's rare as an atziri gloves is that it can't do elemental damage so you look the atziri axe and it's like why bother using this weapon over the axe? The axe can have elemental damage can bleed etc and it's about the same price as the sword itself despite it being rare as atziri gloves.

So my question is why is this sword so fucking bad compared to most stuff mainly the atziri axe which is the same price is all.

The main part here is the high DPS value right but it has a serious drawback which is well you can't do elemental damage and bleed if you aren't using the atziri axe so it's like what was the design purpose of this sword? The High DPS value is just ''Noob'' bait you're like oh boy 700 dps sword no you have to look it the drawback compared to the atziri axe.

It can be good if you build it around poison, which is pretty meh imo given the aps. The sword really sucks for the big boss best reward.

With other weapons you can use hatred, so there goes a 36% multiplier. "But it shocks". Shocking white mobs? So useful, wow. And it has less support gems too because the elemental support gems can't be used.

Just pointing out those in case no one did(it's not like i'm gonna read 4 pages lol).
Sometimes...
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
There is one upside to the sword that I don't think anyone has pointed out. It says deal no elemental damage, it says nothing about chaos damage. You can make use of Physical to Extra Chaos nodes or items.

Which still isn't an upside when compared to the comparably rare Atziri axe... which is the problem.

It isn't a BAD sword by any means, it is just stupidly rare, semi-hard to farm, and less good than something we already have access too. It doesn't do one single thing better, except the shock bonus and boost to life... and the shock bonus doesn't even apply to the things that matter.

The sword is just slightly undertuned for the difficulty in acquiring it and relative to what was already available. It needs a little something more to actually be on par with what is already available. Literally the only reason to use this over Disfavor right now is the flavor of using a sword/ using the new niche unique.
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

+2 range is better for any other skill but lacerate.

Do you have real arguments? Because you know, this one is a BULLSHIT! Increased radius is emtremely powerful, and most builds try to get as much bonuses to it as it only possible. I dont say +2 range are useless, it still add "some" flavour to skills like Flicker or Ice Crash, or even Earthquake.... But it cant be compared to 20% AoE bonus. Hell, even for Flicker, 20% AoE bonus for melee splash is godly.

"
goetzjam wrote:

You have another 6-L for "attacks", in your chest. So, you can use your axe for something else. My guildmate puts lvl4 Enhance and Enlighten in it and runs double Blasphemy auras with huge qualty bonus, for example. If YOU dont use it, it doesnt means other dont use it too.
But i agree, it's rather "niche" build.

"

With other weapons you can use hatred, so there goes a 36% multiplier. "But it shocks". Shocking white mobs? So useful, wow. And it has less support gems too because the elemental support gems can't be used.

Just pointing out those in case no one did(it's not like i'm gonna read 4 pages lol).

Hatred isnt a 36% multiplier.
Enemies have cold resistance, but dont have physical resistance.
Hatred reserves 50% of your mana. You can reserve that mana for something else (Blasphemy, AA, etc).

You're really wrong if you think that every physical build uses Hatred..... I dont even use it for my BV build...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Oct 20, 2016, 4:56:58 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

+2 range is better for any other skill but lacerate.

Do you have real arguments? Because you know, this one is a BULLSHIT! Increased radius is emtremely powerful, and most builds try to get as much bonuses to it as it only possible. I dont say +2 range are useless, it still add "some" flavour to skills like Flicker or Ice Crash, or even Earthquake.... But it cant be compared to 20% AoE bonus. Hell, even for Flicker, 20% AoE bonus for melee splash is godly.

"
goetzjam wrote:

You have another 6-L for "attacks", in your chest. So, you can use your axe for something else. My guildmate puts lvl4 Enhance and Enlighten in it and runs double Blasphemy auras with huge qualty bonus, for example. If YOU dont use it, it doesnt means other dont use it too.
But i agree, it's rather "niche" build.

"

Hatred isnt a 36% multiplier.
Enemies have cold resistance, but dont have physical resistance.
Hatred reserves 50% of your mana. You can reserve that mana for something else (Blasphemy, AA, etc).

You're really wrong if you think that every physical build uses Hatred..... I dont even use it for my BV build...

Bv is a spell. The sword damage is for attacks. Most attacks uses hatred, ok?

It is a 36% multiplier, yes. Monsters have resist, obviously, but it still is a 36% multiplier.

It reserves mana, yes, but it is the best option for attacks as an offensive aura. It hurts not having it, unless you are playing poison based attacks, which for a slow weapon isn't a big deal, you won't have time to stack with a low aps weapon.
Sometimes...
Last edited by Crusader_of_Sorrow on Oct 20, 2016, 5:29:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info