Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Lets talk about a sword design mainly starforge.

"
sidtherat wrote:
came here to see feedback. got 'why this isnt THE BEST'. Should have known better but still.

people not liking choices.. this never changes

It's not even the best weapon in its own case for swords, a rare 2h is better (although it has to be mirror status) because it lets you use things like physical to lightning, hatred, herald of fire, added fire, etc.
"

So the drawback of this specfic weapon that's rare as an atziri gloves is that it can't do elemental damage so you look the atziri axe and it's like why bother using this weapon over the axe? The axe can have elemental damage can bleed etc and it's about the same price as the sword itself despite it being rare as atziri gloves.

So my question is why is this sword so fucking bad compared to most stuff mainly the atziri axe which is the same price is all.

The main part here is the high DPS value right but it has a serious drawback which is well you can't do elemental damage and bleed if you aren't using the atziri axe so it's like what was the design purpose of this sword? The High DPS value is just ''Noob'' bait you're like oh boy 700 dps sword no you have to look it the drawback compared to the atziri axe.

fundamentally the sword falls into the same build category as all other poison based weapon builds .. ie in certain cases you do so much damage you dont need other scaling

you could see this in the ass reacher assassin which use bleed and poison to do millions of dps ... no elemental included..

you could see this in pretty much every burn build ever .. why get more elemental damage when your burn does millions?

an even more ridiculous one would be inquizitor builds that use elemental focus .. when you kill instantly you dont need status ailments in most cases

the sword technically should be the same conceptually.

Dont look at it as .. aww i cant use elemental... look at it as fuck yeah i can run grace and aa.

Not having implicit bleed or poison is not nearly as important as it was .. you have ascendancies for it .. you have a ring for it. you have several unique items for it.

In that case i dont think the issue is that disfavor is better than that sword .. but rather for poison bleed builds ... when is a 2 hander going to beat a reach or a dream feather?
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 20, 2016, 7:32:29 AM
Hmmh. Lacerate, Faster Attacks, Melee Physical Damage, Poison, Added Chaos Damage and Increased Area of Effect. Painting the world green.

Edit: And a pair of Ming's Heart just to go more all damage, no tank.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Last edited by Mythabril on Oct 20, 2016, 7:34:27 AM
"
Perq wrote:
This sword screams poison. If anything, I'd be complaining that you won't be able to shock most bosses with your phy damage.

Can't shock bosses plus poison double dib will be fixed after the league. Thanks but I'd rather stick to the atziri axe. ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
was bored. theory crafted for this sword since saw post. Got approx 150k dps pure phys (counted both totems) on RT juggernaut AW discharger, which is practically true damage considering low armor value on mobs. The sword wasn't meant to be the ultimate endgame weapon, but it's still pretty good imo.

Starforge Discharger

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAQSzBS0FPAbGB3UJlgm7C2EMXw48EMwS4RQgFHEWbxa7GJEaOBynIVUkqicvKhMrtiynLdIuUzbpOQ46UjwFPC09_Ed-SHhJ1UrEUEdTpVhjWOVZ81orXaReE18_YVJlTWZUZp5oWGhlaPJyD3KpdO12rHhpeHp7jHzZggeDX4PMhNmE74VShmCHaonYjEaMz5BVkc6S0JRvl3mfPqIAouqj8qknqZSsqq2Nr2y3PrvtvJ-9Nr6nwAHAZsCmwxPE9sVTxq7G2M9-02_Xlti92WHZfNrB3DLcPd3V42rkUeoY6wnvDu9O73zwH_Nv843z3fSD9kj2rvcy97n4k_jr-tL-Cg==

(On Starforge) 6L AnsWarchief - MeleePhyDmg - IAoe/Conc - FAttacks - MeleeDmgFullLife - Hypothermia
(On Kingsguard) 4L/2S unlinked is fine LVL 1 cwdt - vortex - discharge - immortal call // End cry - Vortex
4L lv 1 discharge - FC - CoH - Enfeeble as high as possible
4L Leap slam - FA - Culling strike - Fortify
4L enlight - PoFire - PoElements/PoLightning - Arctic armor

Gear needed: A Weapon, Kingsguard, romira, Volls devo, along with some dex from gear/jewel. Only do-able on juggernaut.

*The kingsguard does not have to be 6Led, thus you can just corrupt 4L 6S ones for +1 max res or something.

How it works is, any time you get hit, you'll always Cwdt the vortex first, generating 1 power charge, you'll then immediately discharge that power charge, gaining a full set of end charges and a new power charge from that discharge, and whenever immortal call is not on cd it'll proc and give you immunity. When it is on CD, discharge will keep you healed. A self cast discharge is used to increase your healing abilities. Self cast vortex is used to put chillon stuff for when you arn't taking damage.

End cry is used to generate first set of end charges fast in order to prevent yourself from getting bursted by pre-emptive strikes from a fast boss with hybrid or extremely high physical damage.

Didn't go for blood magic, because I didn't feel it was worth it, + it'll hamper your melee damage on full life at the time of casting your spells (the gem when linked to totem is still based on your life). Mind over matter is an option if you got corrupted gear with dmg taken gained as mana, but there is no mana on tree, so I avoided MoM.

Any weapon work With this setup, so you it is easy to get upgrades until you work up to starforge, then finally to a mirrored non-crit mace/axe which will give you max dps output.

The only problem I have with this build is that it is life.......lol

edit: oops, forgot juggernaut got nerfed looks like this won't work :/
Last edited by SIQI on Oct 21, 2016, 11:17:06 AM
I like it how everyone is pointing out usable the sword is.

The argument of the thread that it's much worst than disfavor, obviously a sword with high physical damage and +100 life is usable.

If disfavor is so amazing and the same rarity as starforge, thus starforge should be just as good.

Random things:
Disfavor has +2 range than the starforge, making the increase AoE of starforge still worse then Disfavor by a good margin. Completely negating an effect of the sword.

Disfavor has 0 downsides + free bleeding.

Disfavor has high increase attack speed and +2 to all support gems, compared to 90-100 life and...no elemental damage?

Starforge does have shock though, making it somewhat equal to the +2 support gems.

Objectively +2 range is much better than AoE, bleeding + +2 support gem is better then no elemental damage + shock and 90-100 life.

Axe nodes are much much better then sword nodes, unless you go 2h sword crit. But starforge has 5% base crit chance.

2h swords have been given the shaft for years, and the "ultimate unique sword" is still pretty much below the axe version. Sword itself design wasn't really that interesting to begin with.

Hegemony's Era was a better designed 2h melee staff then starforge is.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 20, 2016, 11:23:18 AM
"
If disfavor is so amazing and the same rarity as starforge, thus starforge should be just as good.

Except it doesn't really have the same rarity, while they are both behind harder then normal bosses, one can only be found from the boss, while the other can be achieved thru divination cards as well as the boss.

Furthermore, the largest issue in discrepancy is the inability to use swords with the best melee skill or second best melee skill. With this weapon you are essentially limited to totems or cyclone, both of which are possible with disfavor as well.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Oct 20, 2016, 11:22:44 AM
"

So my question is why is this sword so fucking bad compared to most stuff mainly the atziri axe which is the same price is all.

Are you kidding?

Starforge has 20% increased AoE, which is 1/2 of IAoE gem (+1/2 link).
Starforge has +95 HP, which is equal to an additional item slot for HP character.
And Starforge has huge base DPS, which can compensate for "no elemental damage". Dont forget, enemies tend to resist elemental damage in endgame, but not physical. And your poison,bleed, and most of life leech counts from physical damage only.

Use poison, and it will more than make it for elemental damage loss, and extra AoE will make pack clearing much faster.

I dont say Disfavour is bad. It's still useful for builds that use EQ (cant be used with swords), builds with 100% elemental conversion, Cyclone builds (+2 range), and as a container for some auras+enlighten (+2 to support gems).

"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
This sword screams poison. If anything, I'd be complaining that you won't be able to shock most bosses with your phy damage.

Can't shock bosses plus poison double dib will be fixed after the league. Thanks but I'd rather stick to the atziri axe. ^^

Judge items for their current power. No one know how GGG will change poison, or even will they do it at all. No one also knows, if they decide to buff Starforge after that, or not.

"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Axe nodes are much much better then sword nodes, unless you go 2h sword crit. But starforge has 5% base crit chance.

It doesnt mean you cant go crit with it. Actually, you MUST go crit with it, to unlock its full potential. And with Assassin, you can even get 95% crit chance with it, relatively easily.
Tip: Assasin can also inflict bleed and poison with melee attacks, and his poison is greatly amplified...

"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Objectively +2 range is much better than AoE, bleeding + +2 support gem is better then no elemental damage + shock and 90-100 life.

+2 range is much better only for ONE skill - Cyclone. Get Lacerate - and that bonus turns completely useless.
Bleed is good, but it doesnt stack. And you can still get it as Assassin.
+2 support gem is good for what? Enlighten? Enhance? Empower? I strongly doubt that there are many builds who can benefits from that. For all others, it's just a negligible 5% DPS increase, no more.
And calling 90-100 life & 20% AoE arent strong enough bonuses.. LOL! Only total noob is PoE could say that....

Starforge is still worth 6 Exalteds. Do you really believe, that crap weapon would keep that high price?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Oct 20, 2016, 11:51:27 AM
rarity can do funny ass things to prices, i am willing to bet it will continue to fall in price until people determine that the shaper drops arent worth the investment in running shaper.

he is several times easier to farm than uber atziri afterall since there is no ultra bullshit rare sacrifice of hope gating things

novelty can also do funny ass things to price and starforge is a new item and therefore a novelty
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 20, 2016, 11:49:59 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

"
RagnarokChu wrote:

+2 range is much better only for ONE skill - Cyclone. Get Lacerate - and that bonus turns completely useless.
Bleed is good, but it doesnt stack. And you can still get it as Assassin.
+2 support gem is good for what? Enlighten? Enhance? Empower? I strongly doubt that there are many builds who can benefits from that. For all others, it's just a negligible 5% DPS increase, no more.
And calling 90-100 life & 20% AoE arent strong enough bonuses.. LOL! Only total noob is PoE could say that....

Starforge is still worth 6 Exalteds. Do you really believe, that crap weapon would keep that high price?

First off I don't know why your throwing ascends in here because crit dagger or crit anything else would be better than 2h starforge (Expect claws I guess).

+2 range is better for any other skill but lacerate. Almost all lacerate characters are slayers anyway so it fills up the entire screen. So objectively +2 range is better in almost all cases but lacerate, in which it's not that great of a mod anyway. +20% more AoE damage would been better. If your going to name skills, disfavors builds are in general stronger then starforge builds anyway.

Bleed is free so it doesn't matter if it doesn't stack.

Also I said it was worse then the disfavor, I didn't say the sword was bad. I already stated the premesis of the thread is why isn't the 2h sword as good as disfavor depsite fulfilling the same role as "best unquie weapon" of that class.

6ex is the general price of a rare sword around the same dps as the starforge, obviously it's going to cost that much.

Also +2 support gem is godly as hell for your 6-link for supports. Enlighten, Enhance, Empower and more attached to your extra stuff is extremely strong. Which is why I said shocking is similar to this, but at least you don't have status immunes getting in the way.

20% increase aoe and 90-100 life + shock but having a massive downside isn't stronger than a similar weapon with similar levels of mods with 0 downsides. I'm being fair here, you don't have to defend the sword as "good". The discussion is that disfavor is better then it, unless your going to argue that disfavor is better then starforge. If disfavor also had "cannot have elemental damage" the starforge would be ahead, but that con makes it that much more crippling + you can't use a shit ton of attacks with it.

The sword only being useful for lacerate makes it extremely disappointing.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 20, 2016, 12:12:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info