Lets talk about a sword design mainly starforge.

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

+2 range is better for any other skill but lacerate.

Do you have real arguments? Because you know, this one is a BULLSHIT! Increased radius is emtremely powerful, and most builds try to get as much bonuses to it as it only possible. I dont say +2 range are useless, it still add "some" flavour to skills like Flicker or Ice Crash, or even Earthquake.... But it cant be compared to 20% AoE bonus. Hell, even for Flicker, 20% AoE bonus for melee splash is godly.

Ask for real arguments -

"Increased radius is extremely powerful"

Starforge literally cannot any other skills then lacerate or totems to be good. Totems it almost doesn't matter at all, while lacerate it's at best an okay extra mechanic boost. Starforge flicker, icecrash and earthquake in general is ass or unplayable due to it's effects/weapon type.

Also why are you asking for real arguments, all you are doing is picking out whatever to make starforge look good while ignoring general usage of the weapon. Obviously the sword is decent, but it is better then disfavor? Entire point of the post was starforge = worst then disfavor depsite being in the same tier of sword. Maybe we can adjust the sword to feel better or have better mechanics for builds.

+2 range is better than in general 20% increase AoE on 2h weapons because of the nature of their attacks. Even with lacerate the 20% is completely unneeded since you would play a slayer that would have free splash or massive AoE anyway. +2 range is better on generic weapon attacks like double strike/viper/ect, since +2 range is better then 20% more AoE on your splash.

If the sword didn't have the no elemental damage affix, maybe the 20% would be valuable because you can run it with ice crash/wildstrike/infernal blow/molten strike/static strike/ect.

Starforge completely design completely limits it's build to 1 or 2 two builds, while disfavor can be used with many different builds + more build defining. Even within the 1 or 2 builds that it's good in, it's not even BIS.

Maybe I would change it into "cannot have additional elemental damage outside of gems slotted in this weapon".
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 20, 2016, 5:34:53 PM
Maybe give it +lvl to socketed chaos gems or gems supported by X lvl void manipulation.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
It can be good if you build it around poison, which is pretty meh imo given the aps. The sword really sucks for the big boss best reward.

With other weapons you can use hatred, so there goes a 36% multiplier. "But it shocks". Shocking white mobs? So useful, wow. And it has less support gems too because the elemental support gems can't be used.

Just pointing out those in case no one did(it's not like i'm gonna read 4 pages lol).

Why do you say shocking white mobs? Unless you're playing a spark build this sword can shock as well as any other build maybe slightly better in-fact.

In all seriousness this sword is very powerful if you drop the false notion that only elemental builds can be top tier as it takes into account one of the deadliest builds there is, Bleeding and Poison!
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
"
It can be good if you build it around poison, which is pretty meh imo given the aps. The sword really sucks for the big boss best reward.

With other weapons you can use hatred, so there goes a 36% multiplier. "But it shocks". Shocking white mobs? So useful, wow. And it has less support gems too because the elemental support gems can't be used.

Just pointing out those in case no one did(it's not like i'm gonna read 4 pages lol).

Why do you say shocking white mobs? Unless you're playing a spark build this sword can shock as well as any other build maybe slightly better in-fact.

In all seriousness this sword is very powerful if you drop the false notion that only elemental builds can be top tier as it takes into account one of the deadliest builds there is, Bleeding and Poison!

Shock from crits, shock chance is useless against bosses/rares. That's what i meant, the shock part will affect white mobs mostly, magic mobs too, but the intention was showing that the shock part is pretty meh. If you want to shock reliably now days you need lightning trap or vinktar flask or another thing i may not remember atm.

And it wasn't a false notion, i built a flicker with it. Damage sucks, i played around with the tree, gems and it isn't a top tier item as it should be, it just isn't. I expected crush the game happy around with my reward, but nope, i didn't.

It is decent for lacerate because of the extra aoe, but that's all.

It is supposed to be on par with atziri's disfavour and it is way inferior. In the end it turns out to have less damage and disfavour has bleeding + gems and range WITHOUT any bullshit drawback.

I seriously doubt they though about the drawback when they designed it, they probably just though, holy, 700 pdps, enough, let's gut some skills/supports/auras from it, there you go, take this average weapon which was supposed to be top tier.
Sometimes...
It's just NOT good as the rarity has it on like atziri gloves a god tier obviously with instant leech including mana see that matches rarity but this sword on the other hand isn't THAT good for reasons above.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
as long as poison exists, the sword is too good because it overshadows any rares dps-wise. watch PTs rant, he explains it well there (he goes HARD at nick's interview with waba, must see/hear stuff)

if poison is nerfed into bolivia and you're left only with elemental ways of scaling phys damage, it becomes more balanced, if not limited and niche. the aoe is still great and the life roll is retarded.

both this sword and disfavour (and hegemonys era as well) are disbalanced uniques because uniques arent supposed to be better than most rares (not counting mirror-worthy standard items)
why would you play any other sword than this sword or any other axe than disfavour or any other staff than heges ?
"
grepman wrote:
as long as poison exists, the sword is too good because it overshadows any rares dps-wise. watch PTs rant, he explains it well there (he goes HARD at nick's interview with waba, must see/hear stuff)

if poison is nerfed into bolivia and you're left only with elemental ways of scaling phys damage, it becomes more balanced, if not limited and niche. the aoe is still great and the life roll is retarded.

both this sword and disfavour (and hegemonys era as well) are disbalanced uniques because uniques arent supposed to be better than most rares (not counting mirror-worthy standard items)
why would you play any other sword than this sword or any other axe than disfavour or any other staff than heges ?

Disbalenced when the loot comes the hardest bosses in the game really dude? Really?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Mathil is making a Starforge build right now so hang on and sell for 20 ex in a couple of days lul.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
"
grepman wrote:

Disbalenced when the loot comes the hardest bosses in the game really dude? Really?

if it was soul-bounded, Id agree with you more. still think crafted rares should have more pure dps.

but you can simply buy the sword without doing the shaper. I can buy the sword from you for 6ex right now without doing the shaper [if I had 6ex- Ive spent my 6ex on taste of hate :(]
so, just to refine my answer,

crafting a comparable rare to the bis unique sword, axe or staff is either hundreds/thousands of times more expensive than buying it, or simply impossible

in case of hege staff, it simply makes all other rare staffs shit and obsolete because you can buy one for less than half exalt. thats a shame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info