One of major problems of the game - life leech

i do not want to balance around mirrored gear. id rather see players use position and movement during boss fights instead of facetanking everything and taking that for granted

id rather see players invest into defences than play The Sponge and never even see their life drop

i did not have any problems taking no regen daresso in +aoe map (damn swords!) with a character that has total worth lowwr than one of your rings. it was molten strike life (5k) duelist..

instant leech just allows people to brutalize the gamr and bruteforce it without much thought put into it. remove it and now youll have to think about defences. think about boss mechanics. think about your limits. when i saw someone facetank and outleech lazor of doom i knew the game had hit the lowest of lows.

im pretty sure that if we were to remove instant leech from the game today it would took less than a week to fill the void. general dps would go down (nothing wrong with that with current power creep) general time taken to kill osses would go up (nothing wrong with that too - most meta players do not even know bosses have mechanics). people would have to think more about defences and ggg would fi ally reduce spike damage as there is no The Sponge to fear no more

this one mechanic dumbs entire game down and each patch it is more and more clear that it has to go. vinktar is only a scapegoat. life leech gem exists and it is not affected by curse effect. dyelist leech exists. if one wants the leech one would find it even without vinktars
"
sidtherat wrote:
id rather see players use position and movement during boss fights instead of facetanking everything and taking that for granted

They would need to deal with desync first, it's still issue if you only can allow playing on predictive and some of new bosses desyncs like crazy. So, until they fix it completely, it's out of question.

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Oct 17, 2016, 3:30:30 AM
sorry to be blunt but game cannot afford to be dumbed down just because of that

be reasonable. if you have 200 ping pretty much no gsme will provide you with fair and equal experience.

its 2016. games and services are designed with modern capabilities in mind and there are fewer and fewer potential customers lost because od that. business reality.

btw what bosses desync that much? what kind of ping you are playing with? is that your nearest gateway or you are avoiding some due to some reasons?
"
sidtherat wrote:

be reasonable. if you have 200 ping pretty much no gsme will provide you with fair and equal experience.

Except, for, you know, all the games with offline mode. *COUGH* Diablo 2 *COUGH*
"
SIQI wrote:
would pretty much force players to play with decoy totems
newsflash: decoy totem is nerfed in 2.4.1 patch (and probably nerfed even more in next one)
"
Why the fuck is reflect still in the game in the first place oh wait HURRR DAMAGE CAPPPPP EEEEEE Outdated bullshit right there like at least in Grimdawn the reflect there turns on and off like it would be fucking amazing in here too if you know YOU WANT TO KEEP reflect.
But then you'd have to deal with another can of worms - particle spam.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
diablo 2 nor grim dawn (a very good offli e arpg) are not centered around pvp market. this is a totally different genre and mixing them is not moving this discussion at all
I generally agree with the complaints about insta leech. But Vinktars really isn't the problem.
"
sidtherat wrote:
i do not want to balance around mirrored gear. id rather see players use position and movement during boss fights instead of facetanking everything and taking that for granted

id rather see players invest into defences than play The Sponge and never even see their life drop

i did not have any problems taking no regen daresso in +aoe map (damn swords!) with a character that has total worth lowwr than one of your rings. it was molten strike life (5k) duelist..

instant leech just allows people to brutalize the gamr and bruteforce it without much thought put into it. remove it and now youll have to think about defences. think about boss mechanics. think about your limits. when i saw someone facetank and outleech lazor of doom i knew the game had hit the lowest of lows.

im pretty sure that if we were to remove instant leech from the game today it would took less than a week to fill the void. general dps would go down (nothing wrong with that with current power creep) general time taken to kill osses would go up (nothing wrong with that too - most meta players do not even know bosses have mechanics). people would have to think more about defences and ggg would fi ally reduce spike damage as there is no The Sponge to fear no more

this one mechanic dumbs entire game down and each patch it is more and more clear that it has to go. vinktar is only a scapegoat. life leech gem exists and it is not affected by curse effect. dyelist leech exists. if one wants the leech one would find it even without vinktars

well said; Id think of some ways to not completely remove VP tho, but rather gut it so its a choice to be taken, but still taken sometimes.

kinda like EB/MoM nowadays. somewhat niche, but still good, you just have to spec for them. in fact, MoM+acro life just might be one of the tankier life-based combos in todays game state.
Last edited by grepman on Oct 17, 2016, 4:13:03 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
diablo 2 nor grim dawn (a very good offli e arpg) are not centered around pvp market. this is a totally different genre and mixing them is not moving this discussion at all

What is this PvP market you speak of?
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
I generally agree with the complaints about insta leech. But Vinktars really isn't the problem.
VP is the main problem clearly;

vinktars is a bit problematic as an item tho, since its 10 times the max leech amount you can get in the game (sans slayer ascendancy stuff), on a flask. I get it's supposed to be a big ticket item, but it has too much going for it. get the leech down to like at most 12% and then it's somewhat manageable imo.

and the converted variant basically screams 'use me on a non-lightning skil', which is just wrong thematically imo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info