[Tool] POE Trades Companion - Enhance your trading experience (v1.12.BETA_13)

currently after 1.7.1 update it is broken and not working correctly.
its not capturing trade whispers, and instead it triggers an error talking about $width $height etc of the $GUI element.

hope this feedback helps you track down the bugs.

amazing tool, cant believe i lived without it for 5+ years!

just goes to show how incredibley LAZY AND INCOMPETENT GGG IS that yet another core critical feature is created by the community to fix the flaws of their game.
good job!
[SEA GUILD] /view-thread/1664516 [SHOP] /view-thread/393743
[FlickZerker] /view-thread/425311 [Power-Crit Archer] /view-thread/468635
[PoE Affixes] www.goo.gl/VOXx0n
[PoE Uniques] www.goo.gl/Yv8Drs
[PoE DPSCalc] www.goo.gl/trn6zg
"
Completed 36 Challengesmythal wrote:
currently after 1.7.1 update it is broken and not working correctly.
its not capturing trade whispers, and instead it triggers an error talking about $width $height etc of the $GUI element.

hope this feedback helps you track down the bugs.

amazing tool, cant believe i lived without it for 5+ years!

just goes to show how incredibley LAZY AND INCOMPETENT GGG IS that yet another core critical feature is created by the community to fix the flaws of their game.
good job!
Thanks for the reports, the issue should be fixed as of the 1.7.2 that was released yesterday.

(Don't be so harsh on GGG, they're already making a great job giving us this amazing F2P!)
Hey, I just found that "Un-Minimize when active" function doesn't work and regardless of it's value full window appears.
I actually peeked at the code and found the problem: it's in line 593, window height always sets to "guiHeight" value which is unminimized window height without dependence on "Un-Minimize when active" value. The easy way to fix that is just remove "h" parameter from that line what does not seem to affect anything else and even restores proper animation of revealing window when it's minimized and "Un-Minimize" function is active. I might be wrong or incompetent with the solution but glad if I could help somehow.
Hey I was thinking about the whole legality thing. It is one action per button, but you could have it so you double click the button and it switches to the kick yourself macro, right?

I think the way it currently works is it kicks your trading partner, not sure if they can tell whether they got kicked or you left the party, but might be nicer if they can if the button made you kick yourself.

I was also wondering if you could make the minimize shrink it lengthwise to the size of the minimize button (I get snagged on it a surprising number of times while mapping, isnt ever really life threatening, but itd be nice if it didn't happen).

Lastly: thanks for the tool, super useful! I helped a newbie learn how to sell and showed it to him, he was impressed! :)
Last edited by taosk8r on Feb 18, 2017 5:38:34 AM
Hello Any chance the window can be scaled larger? its fine on my 1080p monitor but it I drag it to my 1440p monitor is rather small, hate to see how small it is on a 4k...

Thank you
the tool is amazing but i have a problem. When i minimize poe the tool screen disapear and i have to reload to make it work again... its kinda annoying
Noted a bug.. If there is more than one person in party with you, the leave party function fails (again, perhaps kicking yourself would work better here).
Last edited by taosk8r on Feb 18, 2017 4:51:18 PM
I saw a few people here who had trouble with the trade window disappering.
I'm having the same problem. I've used it anyway, even when it disppeared I just used the sound.
Here are some opservations:

1. It mostly disppear when I click one of the buttons
2. It can also disappear if I alt-tab
3. If it is already not visible and I get a trade whisper, sometimes it reappear.

So to me it seems like it has problems with keeping the window on top.
It's really annoying because I like this tools, it's something that I've thought about making myself, because I always forgot about trades in maps :-)

So thanks for this great tool, hopefully I can make it work 100% at some point :)
"
Hey, I just found that "Un-Minimize when active" function doesn't work and regardless of it's value full window appears.
I actually peeked at the code and found the problem: it's in line 593, window height always sets to "guiHeight" value which is unminimized window height without dependence on "Un-Minimize when active" value. The easy way to fix that is just remove "h" parameter from that line what does not seem to affect anything else and even restores proper animation of revealing window when it's minimized and "Un-Minimize" function is active. I might be wrong or incompetent with the solution but glad if I could help somehow.
Thanks for the reports, I'll look into it!

"
Completed 20 Challengestaosk8r wrote:
Hey I was thinking about the whole legality thing. It is one action per button, but you could have it so you double click the button and it switches to the kick yourself macro, right?

I think the way it currently works is it kicks your trading partner, not sure if they can tell whether they got kicked or you left the party, but might be nicer if they can if the button made you kick yourself.

I was also wondering if you could make the minimize shrink it lengthwise to the size of the minimize button (I get snagged on it a surprising number of times while mapping, isnt ever really life threatening, but itd be nice if it didn't happen).

Lastly: thanks for the tool, super useful! I helped a newbie learn how to sell and showed it to him, he was impressed! :)
You can read more about the current legal state here (click)

Using default settings, the tool kick your buyer out of the party (So you don't leave the party, in case you are already in a party set-up with friends).
If you wish to change this behaviour, head to the [Settings] tray menu > TradesGUI tab > "Thank You" button and change the /kick %buyerName% to /kick yourplayernamehere.

I would suggest you to move the Trades GUI to the top left corner of your screen instead (Right click on the tray icon > Mode: Window). This could help you avoiding to mis-click the window.

"
zasdman wrote:
Hello Any chance the window can be scaled larger? its fine on my 1080p monitor but it I drag it to my 1440p monitor is rather small, hate to see how small it is on a 4k...

Thank you
I never thought of this. Adding on my to-do list!

"
Completed 13 Challengescrack1 wrote:
the tool is amazing but i have a problem. When i minimize poe the tool screen disapear and i have to reload to make it work again... its kinda annoying
Are you using the Overlay mode? Please try using the Window mode (Right click on the tray icon > Mode: Window) and report back.

"
Completed 20 Challengestaosk8r wrote:
Noted a bug.. If there is more than one person in party with you, the leave party function fails (again, perhaps kicking yourself would work better here).
There is no "leave party" function. Using default settings, clicking on the "Thank You" button will kick your buyer out of the party.

"
Completed 35 Challengespsyclown wrote:
I saw a few people here who had trouble with the trade window disappering.
I'm having the same problem. I've used it anyway, even when it disppeared I just used the sound.
Here are some opservations:

1. It mostly disppear when I click one of the buttons
2. It can also disappear if I alt-tab
3. If it is already not visible and I get a trade whisper, sometimes it reappear.

So to me it seems like it has problems with keeping the window on top.
It's really annoying because I like this tools, it's something that I've thought about making myself, because I always forgot about trades in maps :-)

So thanks for this great tool, hopefully I can make it work 100% at some point :)
Are you using the Overlay mode? Please, try using the Window Mode (Right click on the tray icon > Mode: Window) and see if the issue still happens.
I've been using Window mode all the time. Switching to overlay and back didn't make it reappear for me either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info