[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

"
mcadoomer wrote:
Shock nova hits everything in its area of effect, potentially shocking them while also applying the debuff from Elemental Equilibrium.
Lightning Trap fires a bunch of projectiles out that will probably only hit a few of the mobs.

With the Deerstalker boots you can turn Shock Nova into a trap for free, so it doesn't cost you any extra linkage.

Thank you very much now I Understand!
hi, I really like your build but i can't afford 6L Carcass Jack. Do you think it's worth trying? With a 5L i could manage to complete The gear for like 50-60c but is this still gonna work?
"
makziu wrote:
hi, I really like your build but i can't afford 6L Carcass Jack. Do you think it's worth trying? With a 5L i could manage to complete The gear for like 50-60c but is this still gonna work?

Of course. It's perfectly fine to get a 5-link first. You should be able to get through T15 maps even then. But you should save up on the side to eventually manage to buy a 6-link.
Thanks for your reply. I have one more question. What aura do you recommend? At least for leveling?
"
makziu wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I have one more question. What aura do you recommend? At least for leveling?

Straight up just clarity. Anything else might be too costly since even on early levels this build is quite mana heavy.
6 % to shock, freeze and ignite if you haven't crit recently - my enhantment for boots <3
Last edited by makziu on Jul 5, 2017, 7:11:43 AM
When using a 5-socket, what would you say is the weakest gem for Fire Trap? Seems to be between mine/trap support or fire pen support.
"
Lailoken wrote:
When using a 5-socket, what would you say is the weakest gem for Fire Trap? Seems to be between mine/trap support or fire pen support.

Increased Critical Strike, that one should be the last one you should as it more and more benefits the more gems there are in the link, pretty much.
Has anyone tried this build out in beta? I'm thinking of giving it a shot but not sure if the ignites are gonna be as good since that damage was altered since 2.6
"
bridgeburner wrote:
Has anyone tried this build out in beta? I'm thinking of giving it a shot but not sure if the ignites are gonna be as good since that damage was altered since 2.6

I was sadly not able to check out the beta myself, but from what I read, it does indeed reduce the effectiveness of Ignite in this build. A bit. It's not a massive downside, I find. This will just cause T15 and below bosses to die slower if you get them ignited. I never managed to Ignite the Guardians, anyways, to which I have to assume that this will not cripple this build at all. Maybe slightly in early game (and I mean slightly), but the endgame will most likely stay the same.

I just considered the Ignite damage a little fun side effect of this build, anyways, ergo, I never relied on it to happen when fighting anything. The chances were too low to do so. Still, it was fun when it happened.

I'm a bit more concerned about the reduced ES on items, but from the looks of it they are slightly compensating for builds like this so it doesn't hit them too hard.
Last edited by MrMoho on Jul 18, 2017, 5:17:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info