[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

Updated to 3.0! Things are still not perfectly clear, but I will upgrade things as they get clearer to me!
Is it just me, or are the skill trees you linked on the OP not working?
i cannt open poeplanner.com with msg : 502 Bad Gateway .
how to open it?
Can't open https://poeplanner.com
Hmm, strange, it works for me. Well, I'll just replace them with the official planner. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Thoughts on Tinkerskin?
"
Kazarack wrote:
Thoughts on Tinkerskin?

I actually left behind a comment on the thread announcing it amongst the other new Uniques. I'll just quote that.

After testing it a bit more, I actually gave Tinkerskin a bit better score (well, I don't keep any score, but you know what I mean.) Look underneath the "Changes for 3.0" runner on the OP to see my opinion on it.
Last edited by MrMoho on Aug 6, 2017, 4:59:31 PM
I've been leveling using a whole mess of different things as traps (started as pure ice with frost bomb traps & vortex / ice trap) buuuuuuut,some things I noticed along the way in my testing...

I tried frostbolt & vortex traps but couldnt really tell if the interaction actually works with them in trap form

Anyway...

Is there a reason you use Shock Nova over Lightning Trap?
Is it purely for the shock effectiveness?
The damage on LT is higher, and with just pierce you can clear screens (and offscreen) with LT all on its own, with the same % chance to shock, plus, since its an official trap, it has a 1 sec cd like ice trap, which that on it's own is enough to technically triple your dps vs a 3s nova cd. (also it sounds amazing lol)
"
ShadowsCrush wrote:

Is there a reason you use Shock Nova over Lightning Trap?
Is it purely for the shock effectiveness?
The damage on LT is higher, and with just pierce you can clear screens (and offscreen) with LT all on its own, with the same % chance to shock, plus, since its an official trap, it has a 1 sec cd like ice trap, which that on it's own is enough to technically triple your dps vs a 3s nova cd. (also it sounds amazing lol)

Answered that a couple times, but here I go again. It's fairly simple: Lightning Trap is not a AoE skill, but counts as a projectile (well, each ball does). That way, all those AoE damage nodes in the skilltree and Carcass Jack won't have any positive effect on it. Lightning Trap thus very badly harmonizes with the other trap skills. Also, the 3s cd you will hardly notice since you got plenty reduced cooldown rate from the skilltree and two other traps to throw! And no, a lower cd most definitely will not increase the dps with traps. Well, maybe a bit, but the stuff you get from the skilltree is all you are gonna need to reach the max dps acquirable through lower cooldown.
Controlled Destruction with Fire Trap? Fire Trap is not a spell.
IGN: Scordalia_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info