[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

"
MrMoho wrote:
"
dhuber666 wrote:

Sry that it took me so long to get back to you.
I tested it myself. I'm currently playing with Enfeeble with Blasphemy + a rare amulet with +1 curse and the gloves with the Curse on Hit implicit. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/dhuber666/characters

It works 100 %!

So while it's a very expensive upgrade (good glovs with that implicit - mine a far away from good + Rare Amu with 1 Additional Curse) I thought that is a very interesting update for you guide to consider. The damage you get from ele Weaknes is not bad and you still have a defense curse like enfeeble (my favourite) or temp chains.

What would you say to firenova mine instead of fire trap? I have to try it out today.

Huh, well, I might update my profile to include that neat idea, then! Although underneath a section for 'Pricy ideas'.

Also, Fire Nova Mine won't work quite well, I'd say. One of the nodes in the skilltree, Hasty Reconstruction, won't work for it, nor any of the Jewels, causing you to miss out on some nice Damage. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure that Damage from Fire Nova Mine is the strongest when used with multiple ones at once which will be counter-productive with Elemental Equilibrium.

Also... I just don't like mines. Far too bothersome to hit enemies with.

Also I saw that you are german and I like your characternames. Holzpenis :D

Liebe Grüße aus Österreich!
Trying to understand this as a new player:

Shock Nova + Trap(if you don't have Deerstalker yet) + Cluster Trap/Increased Area of Effect + Innervate/Elemental Proliferation/Trap and Mine Damage/Increased Critical Damage

What does Shock Nova + Trap mean? There is a gem that turns a spell into a trap type? If so, I can't seem to find it on the wiki.

Thanks in advance
"
Jankomatic wrote:
Trying to understand this as a new player:

Shock Nova + Trap(if you don't have Deerstalker yet) + Cluster Trap/Increased Area of Effect + Innervate/Elemental Proliferation/Trap and Mine Damage/Increased Critical Damage

What does Shock Nova + Trap mean? There is a gem that turns a spell into a trap type? If so, I can't seem to find it on the wiki.

Thanks in advance

There is a gem that turns a skill into a trap and it is called Trap support

He means that if you do not own a pair of the Deerstalker Unique Boots then you should link Trap with Shock Nova, but if you have the boots this isn't necessary as they already provide the Trap Gem link.
~3945 18/12/2023
Last edited by Morelli_ on Mar 21, 2017, 8:05:03 PM
And if you hit me up ingame then I can certainly help you out with a pair of deerstalker and some old gear I used when building up my char following this build.

Got myself quite a few deerstalkers in my attempts to corrupt something useful. Settled for the +1 to frenzy charges. Have 6 up now almost all the times.

I am still wondering if Arctic Armour is worth it for extra defense. Seems a little redundant with MoM.
Well, this is great I found a build for my new sambar sceptre which dropped today. I havent played many trap build so this should be fun. I like hybrid builds too.

Last edited by Rorshax on Apr 4, 2017, 1:43:55 AM
"
Rorshax wrote:
Well, this is great I found a build for my new sambar sceptre which dropped today. I havent played many trap build so this should be fun. I like hybrid builds too.

Oh dear, sorry to say, but that added Fire Damage to spells is sadly going to get into the way of Elemental Equilibrium as I explained on page 6. And since it is added Fire Damage, it will get into the way of your main source of single target damage, Fire Trap. You miiight want to not choose Elemental Equilibrium when using that Sceptre.
I like orb of storms curse on hit now that blasphemy has been aoe reduced.

Have you thought about the newly buffed hybrid armour restless ward.

"
Rorshax wrote:
I like orb of storms curse on hit now that blasphemy has been aoe reduced.

Have you thought about the newly buffed hybrid armour restless ward.

Well, Orb of Storm plus Curse on Hit certainly is an option, though I personally only find it useful when facing singletargets.

Restless Ward actually does not give a bonus when getting Power Charges and the increase duration isn't really worth it, especially if you have Jaws of Agony. So, no, I have not thought about it.
Hi, thanks for the great guide.
What unique rings and amulet can be used in early and mid game? Or maybe for end-game too.
"
Hi, thanks for the great guide.
What unique rings and amulet can be used in early and mid game? Or maybe for end-game too.

As somebody mentioned already, Atziri's Foible is a great Amulet to start levelling with due to the fact that it adds loads of mana, mana reg and even reduces the requirements of items, including gems! That way you don't run into trouble of not being able to level your gems!

For rings? I dunno, there isn't much that could help you out on low level. Maybe Praxis, but that's about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info