[2.4] Cospri's Malice Flicker Strike Assassin || Insane Clear Speed and Defensive

@Mirikado

Yeah Rat's Nest and Starkonja's Head aren't bad, but it's hard to get the correct Enchantment on them. But if you have the resistance and can afford a Rat's Nest with "20-30% increased chance for Bloodrage to grant a frenzy charge on Kill", then go for it if you like.

@jailkeepeer

Yeah Vortex works alright. I just prefer Ice Nova because it has higher Crit chance and more AoE coverage. So it sacrifices DPS in favour of consistency.

@knrd1337

Yeah the price of Cospri's Malice on Standard is very expensive. On essence it is like 4ex, but it is triple that on Standard.

I bought my Cospri's for only 90 chaos, back when it wasn't popular, but now since the streamers are all playing Cospri's, the price has gone up by a lot.

You could try a Mjolner build and rework the tree a bit. But Mjolner has a 412 Strength requirement, which will be very hard to meet on the right hand side of the tree.

So yeah..it might be tough to play the build now unfortunately.

@Geisalt

I know you have your own Flicker build guide, so you want to complain about mine so that people will look at your build instead. That's cool.

Apparently you have your build listed as 20 Million DPS (but your buffed tooltip is 200k). With 20 Million DPS you should be able to kill Shaper in 0.5 seconds. So why haven't you released a Shaper Kill video yet?

I looked at your defenses and they're terrible. You completely sacrificed your defense for offense. Your build is a full glass cannon with 4.2k Life at level 96. Only 30% dodge and No spell Dodge. No Block as well, because you're 2H. Evasion is also mediocre.

With that much DPS and that poor Defense, you probably die to reflect and volatiles all the time. Post your build on www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile and they will tell you the truth about your build.

Also, I don't include Legacy gear in my build guides.
Last edited by cookees on Oct 10, 2016, 2:39:20 AM
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:

@knrd1337

Yeah the price of Cospri's Malice on Standard is very expensive. On essence it is like 4ex, but it is triple that on Standard.

I bought my Cospri's for only 90 chaos, back when it wasn't popular, but now since the streamers are all playing Cospri's, the price has gone up by a lot.

You could try a Mjolner build and rework the tree a bit. But Mjolner has a 412 Strength requirement, which will be very hard to meet on the right hand side of the tree.

So yeah..it might be tough to play the build now unfortunately.

Yeah I have to keep the head up, today prices gone down by almost a half(one for 7ex can be found) so maybe before I hit LvL requirements for it, the prices will be ok :D
So what do you propose if not mjolner ( I dont think that i want to change the build just for it). Can I basicly use any other weapon with slots (I know it will have shitty damage) but it will work?? Or the last line in Cospri saying "Cast a Socketed Cold Spell on Melee" define that im fucked until I get Cospri? Sorry for the noobish questions but I'm back after few years, and forgot a lot of things about mechanics ;d Especially flicker (never done it). Thanks in advance :)
btw. http://poeprices.info/uniqueitempages/Cospri_s_Malice.html your guide can be found on the bottom :)
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:

@Geisalt

I know you have your own Flicker build guide, so you want to complain about mine so that people will look at your build instead. That's cool.

Apparently you have your build listed as 20 Million DPS (but your buffed tooltip is 200k). With 20 Million DPS you should be able to kill Shaper in 0.5 seconds. So why haven't you released a Shaper Kill video yet?

I looked at your defenses and they're terrible. You completely sacrificed your defense for offense. Your build is a full glass cannon with 4.2k Life at level 96. Only 30% dodge and No spell Dodge. No Block as well, because you're 2H. Evasion is also mediocre.

With that much DPS and that poor Defense, you probably die to reflect and volatiles all the time. Post your build on www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile and they will tell you the truth about your build.

Also, I don't include Legacy gear in my build guides.

I havent attacked you, i havent talked about "my build" nor i try to pull the cover to me.

I'm saying it again:

FLICKER STRIKE COSPRI MALICE IS A WASTE BECAUSE YOU CAN GO PHYSICAL POISON, GET OVER 2M+ poison DPS WITH 5200+ HP EVEN WITHOUT A 2H A 1H sword + SHIELD IS FINE. AND WHY BLOCK/DODGE MATTERS WHEN EVERYTHING IS DEAD. K?!

USE BINO + WRITHING JAR AND LOL AT THE POISON SCALING IF YOU WANT, POISON PROLIF OP.

Oh wait, you are telling me to do a shapper video for you own confort? my internet uploading is so crappy that it would take a week to upload. UNFORTUNATELY flicker strike is not viable for shaper, because you know, FRENZY CHARGES? YOU SHOULD KNOW YOU USE FLICKER. OMGZOEKFJG
Plus you know perfectly that i said 5M+.

20M is the maximum dps output with everything triggered with poison stacked when full frenzy charges constantly, it's not easily reachable because of the proc chances and charge uses. It's said in my thread, it's explained. So 5M+ is fine Bcuz atleast 1/4 of the maximal dps is quite easy to achieve with the procs, as and poison.

And legacy gear is unneeded to play my build. also my 5M+ build is only a proof of concept, it's said in the thread again. You can make your own tanky stuff with the same poison scaling, then reach 7K ES and have atleast 2M dps (hi bladevortexiluvya)

also you are crying over 500 hp (4500 hp)difference when it makes absolutely no difference in practice? OS will OS you if you dont have 7K hp. For the reflect, you know, it's the problem of most huge crit builds.

Also, for the tooltip at 200K, it's very kind of you to not count poison, bleeding, extra scaling, curse and all, while you do it for you cold penetration.

dont be stubborn, your idea was dumb but atleast you tried. Again, it's not against you, but it's much more efficient to do a physical /poison double dip build, ( AND not necessary mine, a lot of flicker physical builds around that are better than this one)

It's also not defensive, you dont have enfeeble/temp chain, and low amount of max res ( ok cold flask check), the health pool is not high enough to avoid most OS, especially volatile ones, good luck on phoenix . We are on the same boat.

Ok you can freeze. packs, but not bosses. What's the point when you OS packs or stun them anyway?
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Oct 10, 2016, 10:49:52 AM
@knrd1337

So they way Cospri's works is that it triggers a spell every time you crit which improves your clear speed. But I guess you could substitute Cospri's for a high elemental damage foil until you can afford a Cospri's. The clear speed won't be exactly the same but it should be more or less similar.

@Geisalt

Ok I'll keep this short since I'm gonna sleep soon. You gotta relax.

"
also you are crying over 500 hp (4500 hp)difference

1. Your life is 4.2k Proof
2. You're level 96. If I was level 96, I would have 6k Life at least.
3. Therefore the difference is 1.8k Life.

"
Also, for the tooltip at 200K, it's very kind of you to not count poison, bleeding, extra scaling, curse and all, while you do it for you cold penetration.

No I don't count my 50% cold penetration, nor do I count my Assassin's Mark Bonus damage, I don't count my flasks, I don't count bonus crit multi, culling strike, etc. I don't 'inflate' my DPS.

"
For the reflect, you know, it's the problem of most huge crit builds.

Most crit builds have no problems with reflect now. Only yours because you foolishly choose to sacrifice all your Defense for raw DPS. I don't have problems with reflect because I use a Sapphire Flask, have 16k Evasion, 5k Life, 40% Dodge and 18% Block. Maybe the reason why I don't want to have 20million DPS is because I don't want to kill myself to every single reflect monster I see?

"
WHY BLOCK/DODGE MATTERS WHEN EVERYTHING IS DEAD. K?!

As I explained above, this is why you die to reflect all the time and your build gets OS'd a lot. Why don't you just run Abyssus and get 30Million DPS? You're a glass cannon anyway, makes no difference.

I recommend you drop some of your DPS and get some more life. Get 7% Life on all your jewels. Pick up Phase Acrobatics and run some defensive flasks. Then maybe you won't die so much against reflect, volatiles and OS.

Post your build on www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile and they will tell you the exact same thing (and these guys consist of the top 10% of players). Or I will even post for you.
Last edited by cookees on Oct 10, 2016, 12:21:09 PM
If a suggestion is welcome, i would go Throatseeker and Written in Blood instead of Blast Radius and Heart and Soul.

Throatseeker would scale both spell and attack
Also you can grap Snowforged
Yeah suggestions are welcome. Need the mana for the build, and I thought about Throatseeker, but a bit inefficient on tree. I'll think about it more later on.
Last edited by cookees on Oct 12, 2016, 5:54:48 AM
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
@knrd1337

So they way Cospri's works is that it triggers a spell every time you crit which improves your clear speed. But I guess you could substitute Cospri's for a high elemental damage foil until you can afford a Cospri's. The clear speed won't be exactly the same but it should be more or less similar.

@Geisalt

Ok I'll keep this short since I'm gonna sleep soon. You gotta relax.

"
also you are crying over 500 hp (4500 hp)difference

1. Your life is 4.2k Proof
2. You're level 96. If I was level 96, I would have 6k Life at least.
3. Therefore the difference is 1.8k Life.

"

No I don't count my 50% cold penetration, nor do I count my Assassin's Mark Bonus damage, I don't count my flasks, I don't count bonus crit multi, culling strike, etc. I don't 'inflate' my DPS.

"
For the reflect, you know, it's the problem of most huge crit builds.

Most crit builds have no problems with reflect now. Only yours because you foolishly choose to sacrifice all your Defense for raw DPS. I don't have problems with reflect because I use a Sapphire Flask, have 16k Evasion, 5k Life, 40% Dodge and 18% Block. Maybe the reason why I don't want to have 20million DPS is because I don't want to kill myself to every single reflect monster I see?

"
WHY BLOCK/DODGE MATTERS WHEN EVERYTHING IS DEAD. K?!

As I explained above, this is why you die to reflect all the time and your build gets OS'd a lot. Why don't you just run Abyssus and get 30Million DPS? You're a glass cannon anyway, makes no difference.

I recommend you drop some of your DPS and get some more life. Get 7% Life on all your jewels. Pick up Phase Acrobatics and run some defensive flasks. Then maybe you won't die so much against reflect, volatiles and OS.

Post your build on www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile and they will tell you the exact same thing (and these guys consist of the top 10% of players). Or I will even post for you.

Oh you werent jocking about the reflect part? my bad :/
I didnt want to compare both builds, my flicker build is a silly toy. It's not meant to be competitive. It's DPS inflation, end of story.

Again, you havent understood the point of my answer. I never said that my build was tanky, i even notified it that it's a glass cannon thing that should be taken as it is: Something that kill and die. It's an inflated thing, like a bubble about to burst.

*useless explanation*
the pictures with 4200 are old i dont have reuploaded new ones, old gear and stuff, plus you know you can pick a lot of life nodes instead of some other, the build has a lot of possibilities, i even made a 5500 hp EQ hegemeony hera build using the same concept, with a low dps (2M+!). However it's still too low for end game content. 7K plus is the safiest minimum: it's difficult to reach as assassin, should go ES instead.

*end of useless explanation*

But you said your build was defensive, and it's obviously a lie : 5K or 6K hp is not defensive, is already low and can be OS quite easily. And it doesnt shine in the DPS bracket too. Doesnt have enfeeble or tem chain. No endu charge, no purity. No defensive mechanic against oneshot, spell dodge is good sure, but will not save you half of the time ( and this is why i dont bother to pick it)

Plus you should count your extra dps, tooltip dps is always a lie. However it wouldnt make a big difference in your case maybe two times the tooltip dps, at best? you dont have access to shock but you could use a vinktar or a lightning vaal trap too for bosses.

so let's say 400K ( over inflated prototype from penetration and other uncounted stuff), 50% shock: 600K. It's not awesome but usable yes. It's on par with the old Oro's critical templar no pene and it's 600K dps for 6K hp which ignore resistances on crit. Thoo the setup has endless frenzy generation from crit.

So it bugs me, nothing new under the sun, low dps, low tankability, less functionnality than a common Oro's build. When you peel the apple the fruit is missing.

But you can admit it, there is a lot of physical builds on the shadow forum that have more potential, EHP, DPS. And they can be used with flicker strike.

especially with frenzy double/triple dip on physical + poison + bleed. 7 frenzy is 30% global more.
Thoo your assa mark cannot work on bosses: it requires a kill for herald of ice.

Now that i tried with 3 differents ways of speech, i stop here.
Last edited by Geisalt on Oct 12, 2016, 6:42:24 PM
@Geisalt

I can't be bothered arguing so let's agree to disagree.
Last edited by cookees on Oct 13, 2016, 7:39:28 AM
we werent arguing, i said facts and you answered "but your build sucks more". You even implied that i'm dishonest and that i try to catch attention for my build by destroying your thread. I take it as an insult.

Please, atleast, remove the "defensive" part from the title. The Insane clear speed is true, flicker is awesome for this. But defensive is miss leading, when the dude will get OS by volatile necro or phoenix guardian, he will feel cheated.
@Geisalt

Not really, I responded with facts but you were completely biased about your point. I mentioned your build because you said my DPS was 20x lower than yours in your first comment. But I'm glad we can agree on the clear speed.

I think my build is defensive but if you really want to insist. How about this. Since you said this.

"
I didnt want to compare both builds, my flicker build is a silly toy

"
like a bubble about to burst

According to you, your flicker build is a silly toy, so you should put that in your title. That way people who play the build don't get tricked into thinking your build is actually serious when it's meant to be a joke.

If you put that in your title, I'll remove defensive from my title.

Last edited by cookees on Oct 13, 2016, 8:08:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info