[2.6] SignalShot™ CI Full Ele Conversion TS/Barrage / Shaper & Uber Deathless / with video!

@OP

Will you update guide once 3.0 patch notes/tree hit? Figured I would play a bow build again and since all the poison builds are pretty much RIP figured some ele conversion shit would be the way to go.
"
Netukka wrote:
@OP

Will you update guide once 3.0 patch notes/tree hit? Figured I would play a bow build again and since all the poison builds are pretty much RIP figured some ele conversion shit would be the way to go.

The plan is to yes, but it's going to involve alot of testing, which conflicts with playing the league at start (the most important time of a league). Not sure if worth.
We need to see if barrage will get some GGG love in 3.0. Given GGG's penchant for complete overnerfing, and the fact that Barrage was a key skill in many bow-based poison builds (which GGG has quite clearly set out to utterly annihilate right down to even nerfing the Assassin ascendancy to render it borderline useless for poison/bleed builds), there's a chance that Barrage will no longer be a viable skill for single target. This will be highly unfortunate, especially given how so many struggle to get Signalshot to an acceptable level in league play and how often players give up once they realize how much of an investment it takes to make the build strong.

If somehow Barrage is still viable in 3.0, I imagine that both CI and life versions of the build will be viable. The build does not need instant life/ES leech at all (even mana leech from vinktar is not strictly necessary if built right), but it will require an adjustment in playstyle. Ironically, instant leech likely caused as many problems as it solved for many, given how often people complained in this thread about getting stunned. If they were getting stunned that often on what is essentially an off-screening build that could kill bosses without getting hit once, it suggested that they were a little too passive and were facetanking a bit too much, relying on instant leech to save them (which it obviously won't if they are getting stunlocked).

So something interesting I found, Gale Fletch wins over Glyph Mark in this build. With my gear, Glyph Mark gives 2.07M Barrage damage, while a 581 Gale Fletch gives 2.14M, and a 595 Gale Fletch gives 2.17M DPS. Brood Twine still wins over all, but its personally not in my budget. It seems like Gale Fletch actually wins over Glyph Mark with more sheer APS over Glyph Marks increased crit chance. I compared using exactly Cap's links, with and without power charges, either Gale Fletch always came out on top.
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
I really need your help guys, im following different guide but ppl didnt answer me there so I'll try to ask here. Im trying to go full ele barrage and tornado shot. I have nice gear, at least thats what I think, maybe im wrong and cant get such a DPS amounts the closest I get is 85k DPS with barrage and over 60k dps with tornado... :< Oh and one more thing, I had assassins mark, but switched it for elemental weakness since I couldnt deal with elemental resistance t15/t16 bosses, that solved a problem. It was boosting my damage over 100k dps (105k or so) but its still far away, cause this guy have 120k dps with auras only. The ponit is, ppl go 200k, 300k easily, and I dont know what to do, to make it possible. I'm missing something, but I dont know what.

Can you check my build and skill tree also? I link my items below:

Jewellery

Flasks
Last edited by Om3nov on Jul 29, 2017, 5:01:31 AM
"
Om3nov wrote:
I really need your help guys, im following different guide but ppl didnt answer me there so I'll try to ask here. Im trying to go full ele barrage and tornado shot. I have nice gear, at least thats what I think, maybe im wrong and cant get such a DPS amounts the closest I get is 85k DPS with barrage and over 60k dps with tornado... :< Oh and one more thing, I had assassins mark, but switched it for elemental weakness since I couldnt deal with elemental resistance t15/t16 bosses, that solved a problem. It was boosting my damage over 100k dps (105k or so) but its still far away, cause this guy have 120k dps with auras only. The ponit is, ppl go 200k, 300k easily, and I dont know what to do, to make it possible. I'm missing something, but I dont know what.

Can you check my build and skill tree also? I link my items below:

Jewellery

Flasks

You're missing a ton of dps:

1) each jewel is missing 2 damage affixes; you also have fewer jewel sockets than an ES build, and jewels provide monster dps boosts. Of course you pretty much need to "waste" one jewel affix for a life roll, while the ES versions can go for 4 dps affixes
2) you lack the +2 barrage enchant (huge single target boost)
3) You lack +1 arrow from Dying Sun compared to Pathfinders
4) You lack T1 WED on both rings and belt
5) A legacy Reach will usually be weaker than a ~400pdps or higher Harbinger at max arrows via Helm Enchant + Dying Sun + Quiver corruption. You're also comparing your dps to those generated by a 607pdps bow. The dps disparity grows even further when the harbinger bow has crit chance and crit multi rolls on it.
6) You don't have point blank, so you're missing a metric ton of single target dps
7) You lack a dps flask since you need to go with a life flask instead. A taste of Hate (or even Atziri's) provides a massive amount of dps. Not much you can do about that.

Some of the missing damage you cannot do anything about because of your choice of ascendancy and going life over ES. However, your single target can be improved dramatically without affecting tooltip dps by taking Point Blank and purchasing a +2 Barrage Helm.

As a side note, since you're running a life build, you can boost your barrage dps by opting for a Lioneye's Vision chest for a 1.17 damage multiplier to barrage. It'll be tough to color the sockets though, and also tough to get enough strength to wear it so you might need to stick with your current chest.
Ty very much, it will help me a lot!!

But I have one problem, since I dont have fully optimized resistance (whe I will switch my body armour for Lion Vision i wont be capped) would you reccomend me buying a different rings? Since steel rings with WED, Life, Stats like intelligence or strength, and at least 35% resistance are really rare, and so freaking expensive. And I dont know if losing double flat damage, wont hurt me badly.
Last edited by Om3nov on Jul 29, 2017, 10:45:55 AM
If you plan on investing a lot of currency to make the build better, my first suggestion is to hold off until 3.0 to see what if anything gets nerfed (or perhaps buffed). Assuming not much else changes relative to what we know now, you should focus on investing in a +2 Barrage helm first and foremost, because that will give you the biggest single target damage boost when upgrading any one piece of gear. The second biggest upgrade will be the bow itself - if you can get your hands on a 450pdps harbinger or higher, that should already be quite an improvement. Before buying *any* bow however, make sure to check the numbers in Path of Building first to see if the upgrade is significant enough for you to justify spending that currency.

Upgrading the Rings and Belt is a little trickier because of resists. However, you can make it a little easier by dumping all the high STR gems (you don't need stuff like increased duration, Decoy totem, or Molten Shell, which needs 123(!) STR). A level 20 WED should result in the highest STR requirement in your build (70 STR). This will open up suffixes for you on Rings/Belt and allow you to get more resists instead.

Another option is to buy a rare helm with the +2 Barrage Enchant and craft life/resists on it. Sure you'll lose some dps by not using Rat's Nest, but you'll gain more survivability and you can more easily make up the dps with more offensive rings/belt. Plus a rare Helm can give you a ton of accuracy, which will boost your dps too.

So i got into the game few days ago(good game btw) and im just checkign builds and paths etc etc,.. Can somebody explain difference between Legacy and Non Legacy Vinktar Tree,.. or wich one do i use for budget version of the build ?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by TilenVrcon88 on Jul 29, 2017, 5:24:32 PM
"
TilenVrcon88 wrote:
So i got into the game few days ago(good game btw) and im just checkign builds and paths etc etc,.. Can somebody explain difference between Legacy and Non Legacy Vinktar Tree,.. or wich one do i use for budget version of the build ?

Thanks in advance

You want the Non legacy vinktar tree. The main difference between the Non Legacy Vinktar and the Legacy Vinktar is that the Legacy Vinktar provides instant leech, while the Non Legacy had the instant leech mod removed. So with non legacy vinktar, you have to take Vaal Pact in the Skill Tree to get the instant leech. I say this all now but in 3.0, instant leech for ES will entirely be removed. So you honestly really only have until the expansion releases to try this build. I would hold onto your currency until the expansion releases and look for a different build or wait until Cap updates the guide. The only chance this build has of surviving as ES (on standard) in the 3.0 expansion is if the Legacy Vinktar instant leech will still apply to ES, which hasn't been confirmed or denied by GGG.
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Last edited by Aevykin on Jul 30, 2017, 12:00:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info