[2.6] SignalShot™ CI Full Ele Conversion TS/Barrage / Shaper & Uber Deathless / with video!

I have not got to running my ES/CI through the acts yet and testing endgame yet has anyone tested if regular (non instant) leech works with Ghost Reaver and the plain leech nodes in the vitality void wheel which may allow the build to stay CI/ES at least offering a little leech back into ES? The way it reads the nodes should convert over yet some of you may have tested it and can confirm it works or not?
I'm playing it CI/GR version with my ghetto build in standard (see profile). Around 6200 ES, using vitality void and any leech I can find, and a ghetto inspired learning jewel substitution for headhunter setup. Quasi MF gear doing T14 and boss no problems, doing breaches no problems, decent dps, map pool seems sustainable. T15 boss not so good. T16 and beyond would be comically bad. So yeah it got nerfed over hard. Wouldn't recommend, but if you are in standard and lazy magic find maps with brain turned off, you can make it work while you work on a life set or just go wanderer.
Its not that hard to sustain t-11 - t-13 maps in general. I did notice that shocking/freezing bosses is like impossible and they are a little tougher to take out. Standing tanking now usually will get you killed once so movement is needed yet that is sorta a good thing. I am not sure I like the nerf to shock and freeze and all though vs very end game content yet that is probably just me. I will rotate gears back to my pathfinder this week and rework the setup a little since at least some leech is possible on ES. Thank you for the reply
can someone elaborate why dont you make a build with life base?
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Life base build would probably be better then ES build due to the instant leech life base build has.
Lifebased is pretty good now it was good in 2.6 eighter just almost no one played but it was good and now its even better.

Ci was very forgiving due the high effective lifepool combined with instant leech, i would not say now its balanced (i personaly think reducing the value of es across the board would be enough).

But now shocking and freezing targets is another story for high life targets since barrage is a skill that hits a lot of times with lower hits and as long you dont go deep into increased effects of the ailments to reduced the lifethreshold you have to bypass shocks and freeze on high life targets will not realy occur.

Im pretty sure Rupenus is right life is the way to go and it will be unless they change something dramatic.
Ingame: Snoxz

My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/245436
i have 7,3k ES with 161k barrage dps in the hideout, mf gear as always. ( -2k es compared to 2.6, tooltip is 30k higher but feels slightly lower due to vinktar aura less stronger and maybe something else )

playing without instant leech isn't a big problem, the problem is the lower life pool, too easy to die in 1 hit vs guardians

you can still do this build but only with very high end gear
Will this build work in 3.0 ?
"
iAreL33t wrote:
Will this build work in 3.0 ?

ill will post a highend life gear version here soon, its rightnow alot stronger than es...the es cut and the alchemist cluster nerf was to big so the es version cant follow the life build performance anymore.

Mirror Service for No.1 Harbinger Bow, Leg Multi Quiver, Zodiac Leather, Exquisite Blade and more: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/773474

Items Im looking for: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1232835

ign: Skalpo
Some info for those still playing the build on standard.

So after 3.0 hit I immediately specced into CI again. I ended up with 8K ES and around 290K unbuffed hideout tooltip dps (up from around 270K in 2.6). The dps went up because I replaced the Slower Projectiles gem with a Damage on Full Life gem, and I took Alira bandit rewards. I specced into Ghost reaver (mandatory imo). I also took the -25% reflected damage on the Pantheon.

Mapping with the build is still as fast and pretty much risk free as it was before - reflect doesn't hurt all that much even with gigantic dps, and the sustain via Ghost Reaver is enough. Bosses still melt instantly.

However, there are some bosses that now cause some problems:

1) Atziri - I cannot believe that GGG kept the 1% reflect that Atziri had in 2.6. This is a massive issue, because Barrage does so much dps that Ghost Reaver leeching cannot keep up. I can still beat Atziri so long as I don't burst her down too rapidly. Instead, I send a volley her way, then wait for ES to recover before sending another volley etc.

In my opinion giving a boss reflect to punish builds from building up their dps without access to instant leech is incredibly stupid.

2) Chimera - because Chimera has unavoidable phases it forces more careful play. The rest of the Guardians and Shaper remain a joke however, and Shaper is the easiest of the lot because of no possibility of damgerous map mods.

But would a life-based Signalshot not be better in standard? Not sure - it's basically a trade-off between reducing the chances of being 1-shot and slightly safer gameplay due to instaleech (and being able to farm Atziri properly).

In league play I think CI is not a good idea when we don't have access to legacy ES gear. The ES is just way too low compared to what life you can reach on the build. You can certainly push the ES values higher, but at the expense of a lot of dps.

Last edited by DicemanX on Aug 6, 2017, 12:53:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info