[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

Hello, been following your guide past few days and feel succesfull with the outcome. However, I just quickly wonder what could be a good way to proceed :)

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQN1DXwRLxFQFVAV1xbzGF0YahslHNwd2SGwIvQmPCj6KU8qjSsKLL8ulC-dMtE09zW5Ntg8BTzvPV9DVEVHRlJJG0uuUEJSU1M1VEdWSFZjV8lYB1h3XGtd8l8EZlRo8mt6bAttGXgvfEt85X_GgpuESIV7hq6IQow2jHaPGo9GkPqRK5MnlnSXhZeVl_SYrZo7m6Gdrp48nsSf36Evpr6nCKcrrJit8bQMtUi4k76KwGbBxcNtyL_K09QH1abYJNlb3I3fbd-K6QLquutj6-7sGOw47FXtPO9874jxbPRx99f8TA==

Items
Spoiler

Got 3 jewels currently, they all have a mix between fire dmg / area dmg / cast speed / reduced mana

At about 11k ES and 3,3k tooltip in hideout - next opting to take the melding nodes and possible use energy from within.

How would you proceed with this setup, I feel like the damage can be upgraded? Sure, my skill gems are a bit low but other then that idk... try get enlighten 3-4 so i can remove elreon ring?

Anyhow, ty for a nice build! Managed to clear twinned colosseum with temp chain, very strong so far :)
Last edited by slickepinnen on Jan 6, 2017, 12:39:30 PM

I suggest doing something like this. The only downside is slightly less ES than a decent Hubris Circlet. Capping resistances is also very easy with this build.

I use one Elreon ring, but with more mana available I don't need Reduced Mana in the 6l. Instead I get an additional damage gem (Empower lvl 4 or maybe Elemental Focus), or QoL gem like Faster Casting. This will give you more damage than replacing the Elreon ring with a damage ring.
+1 Curses Chayula is a great item to go for if you have the currency.
Hey there!

I'm following the Flameblast Debuffing-Pizza guide and i already love the playstyle itself even though I'm just lvl 33!

But i got some questions for further progress - would be very nice if someone could help me out! :) (I'm relatively new so sorry for my noob questions!)

1. In the Leveling Tree section OP recommend using Flameblast just after getting the Elemental Proliferation Gem -> So which 4 link leveling setup do you recommend after getting that? The main linking is: Flameblast - Fire Pen. - Control Destru. - CE/iAOE - Chance to Ignite. So what do i use until i get Elemental Proliferation from ascedancy points? Flameblast - Elemental Proliferation - Fire Pen. - iAOE?

2. What does QoL mean? Quality of Life?

3. OoS is used for 2 purposes: Applying the curses and getting EO triggered, right? But the critical chance (without the enchantments for OoS) is fairly low - Should i still take EO in the tree or wait until i get the enchantments like yours?

4. I'm still not sure what to look for on my gear. Mainly high ES gear with all resi, right? You also said to look for fire/elemental/area/increased damage - then why the Horror Finger ring? It just has some resis, nothing else or? Is the -7 to mana skills so good? Why not look for elemental damage for example?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with those questions! :)) I want to understand as much as possible about this build to get it right! :)

Greetings,
Kounex
Hi,
i just leveled this build and i really like it so far. Level 69 with 10k es, just waiting until i can equip my Doryani's Catalyst and my belt.

But i have one question. The build uses 2 Golems, flame and lightning, and i'm not quite happy with the links, because just 1 of them is linked with cwdt and like that i sometimes get 2x the same golem, which isn't that useful.

Would it be possible to link CWDT->Lightning Golem->Flame Golem->IC, so that every time i take enough damage, both golems get respawned?
That would require 3R1B on one piece of gear, which isn't that expensive.
I left the links for helmet, chest and boots like in the guide.
The 2 3L would be Faster Casting/Flame Dash/Decoy Totem and Vaal Discipline/Inc.Duration(/Vaal Lightning Trap, just in case)

Would appreciate some thoughts.
@Kounex

I don't realy know much about the levelling tree - i just went straight for the endgame tree while levelling.. But i'd assume the best combo with a 4Link would be: Flameblast, Prolif, Increased AOE, Controlled Destruction.

I can't say for sure, but i do think QoL is an abbreviation for Quality of life :P

I would definently recommend using OoS even b4 getting a crit enchant on the helm. It hits alot of targets rapidly and gives a decent uptime of the buff.

Once you get a 6link you will quickly feel the need for a Eleron ring. Especially if you got a buncha cast speed :P I'm using two -8 rings myself and i cant run out of mana except in maps with less regen, but before those rings i had to run in circles or use mana potions all the time. 6Link makes the spell very expensive in terms of mana.
So yeah, cap your resists with high ES gear. You get all the dmg you could possibly need from the tree and Doryanis Catalyst + OoS with Curse setup.

@2L8

I don't see any problem with manually recasting my Lightning golem whenever there's two the fire dudes. Pretty often on bosses like Chimera, Hydra or Minotaur i find the golems dying, and its very useful to be able to recast at least one of them manually there.
Last edited by Tides5 on Jan 6, 2017, 10:16:45 PM
Where did you people spend those extra points for not taking Melding? Since Energy from within is garbage.
Last edited by Moksu on Jan 7, 2017, 12:20:46 AM
Dont bother about OoS crit enchant. It is not needed at all it' just a little bonus. You can have EO up 100% without any enchants.

And to ppl who's asking about utility links like golems. Dont blindly follow whatever others using. Make them fit you playstyle. Adjust and dont be affraid to test stuff yourself.

Little hint late game..try flame dash without faster cast..u might save a socket there ;)
Wicked_Clown
"
Moksu wrote:
Where did you people spend those extra points for not taking Melding? Since Energy from within is garbage.

Well u get 43-46% increased ES from melding cluster if using EfW. It's not a bad gain from 5 points imho.
Wicked_Clown
"
Kounexx wrote:
2. What does QoL mean? Quality of Life?

Yes.

"
Kounexx wrote:
4. I'm still not sure what to look for on my gear. Mainly high ES gear with all resi, right? You also said to look for fire/elemental/area/increased damage - then why the Horror Finger ring? It just has some resis, nothing else or? Is the -7 to mana skills so good? Why not look for elemental damage for example?

I wouldn't worry too much about gear until you start preparing for the shift to CI, which will be around level 70. Before the shift you'll want to collect/craft high ES pieces. Until then you can just play it by ear. Make sure you always have your resistances capped. Level the important gems. Flameblast costs (max) 9 mana, so -7 is helping quite a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info