[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

Hey. Im not very experienced in this game. This might seem like a dumb question but here it goes.
Im trying to wrap my head around the elemental overload passive. Don't you need to have a pretty decent crit chance to crit(to get it to procc) when using flameblast? Or am I totally missing something ?
You get the crits from Orb of Storms - Personally i run with the head enchant that gives orb of storms 90% more crit chance.
When/If you get your hands on a +1 curse Chayula and become able to use two -8 mana cost rings you'll eradicate any mana problems.
"
ahlmeister wrote:
Hey. Im not very experienced in this game. This might seem like a dumb question but here it goes.
Im trying to wrap my head around the elemental overload passive. Don't you need to have a pretty decent crit chance to crit(to get it to procc) when using flameblast? Or am I totally missing something ?

I use shield with 100% spell crit. It's not the cheapest solution, but it works. Although I played a long time without it and I was fine.

"
Tides5 wrote:
You get the crits from Orb of Storms - Personally i run with the head enchant that gives orb of storms 90% more crit chance.

I didn't even know that existed. I might try to get that too.

"
Tides5 wrote:
When/If you get your hands on a +1 curse Chayula and become able to use two -8 mana cost rings you'll eradicate any mana problems.

I use boot enchant with 0,5% leech from all damage. Works on trash wonderfully and if boss summons adds, works on those too.
How does build handle breaches?

Any breach/breachlord video please?
"
Disconaut wrote:
How does build handle breaches?

Any breach/breachlord video please?

Not a problem. I recommend Stibnite Flask so you can channel in peace. It's very satisfying to get 10-stack Flameblast on a huge pile of breach monsters. If you're worried about taking damage you can bring one defensive flask with you (Ruby, Topaz, Sapphire, Rumi's..). Uul-Netol's and Chayula's domains do require damage or you run out of time.

Since you need area, do not use Concentrated Effect while clearing trash breach monsters. I use Faster Casting as 6th link. Damage in hideout with Flame Golem is 4k. Clearing all breach content is easy.
Last edited by Wermine on Jan 5, 2017, 3:56:39 AM
"
Wermine wrote:

I didn't even know that existed. I might try to get that too.

Spoiler

My gear for reference :-)
Last edited by Tides5 on Jan 5, 2017, 8:51:14 AM
Killed the rest of the guardians. Died couple of times in Minotaur. The areas he blasts are huge. I guess I could swap Concentrated Effect back to Faster Casting and blast him far away. But if you can die couple of times it's no problem.

Chimera fight was actually the most enjoyable. I just spammed Decoy Totem and blasted away. Deathless.

Hydra was a little bullet hellish. Quite easy to dodge nevertheless. Died once when Hydra was at 5% health. This was the quickest fight.

(And again: Phoenix is just dodging telegraphed attacks and blasting. Since he's ignite immune, fight takes the longest)
Can somebody help me, please?

I'm lvl 85 inquisitor with this build.

My items:
Spoiler

My build:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAA18DlwRUBXXFvMYXRhqHNwdTx3ZHxghsCL0Jjwo-ilPKYsqjSsKLL8ulC-dMtE09zW5Ntg3RzwFPO89X0NURUdFfkkbSbFMs1BCUftSU1M1VEdWSFZjVytXyVgHXGtd8mZUaPJq-musbAttGXgvfEt85X_GgDCCm4RIhXuGrohCjDaMdo8aj0aTJ5Z0l4WXlZf0mjubbpuhnHuePJ7En9-mvqcIpyusmK3xtAy4k72CvorAZsHFw23K080W18_YJN-G34rpAuq66-7sGOw47FXtYe9874jxbPRx99f5N_nd_rM=

I've got resists cap (135%), something around 8k enery shield (with discipline). Additionaly I'm running Arctic Armour (for little bit survi). I have 4 problems with that:

First at all - sometimes blue monsters are just killing me with one or two shots (FFS - I know that 8k ES it's not a big value, but still... It's freaking 8k!). I think that it's really important to use a lot of Taunt Totem, am I right?

Second thing - how the hell is that possible that you have 4.5k average dmg with flameblast (I think that this is with conc effect)... I have max something 2.4 with inc area, 3.6 with conc, nothing more. Additionally how is possible that you are 1shoting Izaro? For me it's like 0.1 of his max HP (merciless) with my 10stacks on conc effect pizza.

Third one - Cast speed. You have something around 9 casts per second. I have only 7. I can't see Cast Speed on your items, why there is so much diffrence between us (I have cast speed jewels)?

Forth one - Why are you not using Ghost Reaver? Isn't it good for us? What do you think?

Sorry for any mistakes in this wall of text, but it's really late and I'm just tired. I spent something like 120c to remake my char from dual totem to flameblast build, and I'm little bit frustrated about wasting my currency. I hope that somebody will help me with my problems because I really don't want to delete this character.
Cheers guys!
Last edited by Chlebo2199 on Jan 5, 2017, 8:42:08 PM
"
Chlebo2199 wrote:
Can somebody help me, please?

I'm lvl 85 inquisitor with this build.

My items:
Spoiler

My build:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAA18DlwRUBXXFvMYXRhqHNwdTx3ZHxghsCL0Jjwo-ilPKYsqjSsKLL8ulC-dMtE09zW5Ntg3RzwFPO89X0NURUdFfkkbSbFMs1BCUftSU1M1VEdWSFZjVytXyVgHXGtd8mZUaPJq-musbAttGXgvfEt85X_GgDCCm4RIhXuGrohCjDaMdo8aj0aTJ5Z0l4WXlZf0mjubbpuhnHuePJ7En9-mvqcIpyusmK3xtAy4k72CvorAZsHFw23K080W18_YJN-G34rpAuq66-7sGOw47FXtYe9874jxbPRx99f5N_nd_rM=

I've got resists cap (135%), something around 8k enery shield (with discipline). Additionaly I'm running Arctic Armour (for little bit survi). I have 4 problems with that:

First at all - sometimes blue monsters are just killing me with one or two shots (FFS - I know that 8k ES it's not a big value, but still... It's freaking 8k!). I think that it's really important to use a lot of Taunt Totem, am I right?

Second thing - how the hell is that possible that you have 4.5k average dmg with flameblast (I think that this is with conc effect)... I have max something 2.4 with inc area, 3.6 with conc, nothing more. Additionally how is possible that you are 1shoting Izaro? For me it's like 0.1 of his max HP (merciless) with my 10stacks on conc effect pizza.

Third one - Cast speed. You have something around 9 casts per second. I have only 7. I can't see Cast Speed on your items, why there is so much diffrence between us (I have cast speed jewels)?

Forth one - Why are you not using Ghost Reaver? Isn't it good for us? What do you think?

Sorry for any mistakes in this wall of text, but it's really late and I'm just tired. I spent something like 120c to remake my char from dual totem to flameblast build, and I'm little bit frustrated about wasting my currency. I hope that somebody will help me with my problems because I really don't want to delete this character.
Cheers guys!

This build is based on Elementalist. All Ascendcy nodes counts. It's no strange you have different experience, because you are running Inquisitor. It's not the same thing.

Ghost Reaver has been discussed many times. You can see it in the Q&A session. Short answer: not worth it.
Last edited by loonger on Jan 6, 2017, 12:07:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info