[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

Thanks alot for the replies everyone! :)) Helps me out alot!

Cheers,
Kounex
"
Tides5 wrote:
@2L8

I don't see any problem with manually recasting my Lightning golem whenever there's two the fire dudes. Pretty often on bosses like Chimera, Hydra or Minotaur i find the golems dying, and its very useful to be able to recast at least one of them manually there.

Ah yea, that makes sense, i didn't fight any high tier bosses with this character yet, so i didn't notice, thanks.
Maybe i will try something like casting them both manually, since they are quite tanky, but for now, back to leveling! :D
Has anyone done Phoenix with this build? How is the difficulty compared to the other guardians?
maybe a stupid question but how is OP getting the 164 required STR to equip his L19 Decoy Totem gem ?

hes getting like around 70STR from gear and 30STR from passive tree .... 100STR + 14STR starting as a witch does not equal 164 STR

just trying to plan my build too and I think decoy totem is going to be important in tough boss fights
Last edited by greentea on Jan 7, 2017, 11:08:17 AM
"
heapyleapy wrote:
Has anyone done Phoenix with this build? How is the difficulty compared to the other guardians?

From my experience he's as easy as the others only takes a bit longer since burn immune. Decoy -> dodge -> blast :D took me like 7-8mins i guess. as i dont use elreon's rings but have reduced mana socketed as 6th link i just took 3x mana flask there and done that rotation til he was dead :)..so the only "harder" thing about it is taht it takes a bit longer. He's attacks are easy to dodge. Also good to have burn removing flask there, in case u get hit by hes charged attack
Wicked_Clown
"
heapyleapy wrote:

I don't use Decoy Totem or burn remove flask in this fight. I just run and when he does the three-strike-attack or blast-huge-aoe-attack I blast him once or twice. I use two mana potions and 0.5% mana leech enchant on boots. I use Faster Casting as 6th link as Concentrated Effect makes the radius of Flameblast too small for fast paced boss fights imo.
"
greentea wrote:
maybe a stupid question but how is OP getting the 164 required STR to equip his L19 Decoy Totem gem ?

hes getting like around 70STR from gear and 30STR from passive tree .... 100STR + 14STR starting as a witch does not equal 164 STR

just trying to plan my build too and I think decoy totem is going to be important in tough boss fights

It's 155 for a lvl 20 Decoy totem btw :-)

I just made sure to get items with a bit of str here and there. Not that difficult imo. If you dont have the gear, get a few more of the 30point passives untill you got currency to get that sweet item.

@HeapyLeapy

Phoenix is a slow fight with just alot of repitition. Remember to use Elemental Focus gem since you cant ignite him anyways, and the little birds die with a 1-2 stack tap.
I enjoy Decoy totem alot on the fight, as it keeps him inside OoS and gives me time to get 2-4 10stack blasts on him.
Concentrated effect is also realy important - I totally disagree with Wermine, but then again, i always have faster casting in my links. To each his own :-)

If you have a cool head in the fight, i can recommend switching wpn for Heartbreaker when boss is around 10%. Makes a long fight a bit shorter :-)
Hey!

Love the build, just have a question regarding your tooltip, is it with conc or inc aoe?

Thanks!
Just to be clear we run elimental prolif in the main link setup until we get the 2nd ascendency, right?
"
zz9za wrote:
Just to be clear we run elimental prolif in the main link setup until we get the 2nd ascendency, right?

Correct.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info