[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

I'm planning my leveling progress and so far it looks like this:

LEVEL 1
Spark, Fire Trap

LEVEL 4
Flame Totem

LEVEL 8
Spark - Added Lightning Damage

LEVEL 10
Flame Dash

LEVEL 12
(Ditch Spark setup)
Firestorm - Added Lightning Damage - Flame Dash

LEVEL 16
Herald of Thunder, Herald of Ice, Arctic Armour (choose two?)

LEVEL 18
Firestorm - Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction
ON BOSS FIGHT: Swap Faster Casting with Concentrated Effect
Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Fire Trap

LEVEL 28
Spell Totem - Controlled Destruction - Bladefall - Faster Casting

LEVEL 31
Blasphemy - Temporal Chains
Choose between heralds, AA and TC

LEVEL 34
Lightning Golem

LEVEL 38
Flameblast - Elemental Proliferation - Chance to Ignite - Controlled Destruction
Curse on Hit - Orb of Storms - Flammability - Elemental Weakness
Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Lightning Golem

Any comments? Mistakes? Improvements?
"
DrSlaughter wrote:
I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a Way to track ur pendulum of destruction to know when to pop ur pizza?

2. My dmg seems to always differ by a gigantic amount. Like sometimes i hit a boss for 10% hp in 1 pizza plus ignite and sometimes i litterly 1 shot it which is like a 10x multiplier o.O
Is pendulum such a huge difference or are there other possible reasons for that? my conflux shouldnt influece my dmg at all right?

Hi.

1. No way to track Pendulum. It has no buff icon which is odd. But you don't have to "wait" for it to do anything. Just pretend it's not there and do what you gonna do.
2. Check if the boss is "immune to ignite". Besides, EO, curses, EE, Pendulum all affect the dmg. Pendulum is a nice bonus but it won't give 10x multiplier on its own. Conflux can give shock on most bosses which can boost your dmg, but again, not 10x higher.
"
BatMetal wrote:
What about Uber atziri with 6l? Flameblast can kill her?

Yes. But you need to understand the mechanism of Atziri. Need to play carefully on both main phase (which is immune to ignite) and split phase (avoid the 100% reflect and immune to ignite splits).
Last edited by loonger on Nov 27, 2016, 10:33:39 PM
"
Wermine wrote:
I'm planning my leveling progress and so far it looks like this:

LEVEL 1
Spark, Fire Trap

LEVEL 4
Flame Totem

LEVEL 8
Spark - Added Lightning Damage

LEVEL 10
Flame Dash

LEVEL 12
(Ditch Spark setup)
Firestorm - Added Lightning Damage - Flame Dash

LEVEL 16
Herald of Thunder, Herald of Ice, Arctic Armour (choose two?)

LEVEL 18
Firestorm - Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction
Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Fire Trap

LEVEL 28

LEVEL 31
Blasphemy - Temporal Chains
Choose between heralds, AA and TC

LEVEL 34
Lightning Golem

LEVEL 38
Flameblast - Elemental Proliferation - Chance to Ignite - Controlled Destruction
Curse on Hit - Orb of Storms - Flammability - Elemental Weakness
Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Lightning Golem

Any comments? Mistakes? Improvements?

Hi. Looks pretty solid. You can try "Spell Totem - Firestorm" as well which can be used quite early. You may want to summon golems actively coz CWDT doesn't work too well on low levels. Besides, you will have spare hotkey slot to summon it anyway.
"
loonger wrote:
"
DrSlaughter wrote:
I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a Way to track ur pendulum of destruction to know when to pop ur pizza?

2. My dmg seems to always differ by a gigantic amount. Like sometimes i hit a boss for 10% hp in 1 pizza plus ignite and sometimes i litterly 1 shot it which is like a 10x multiplier o.O
Is pendulum such a huge difference or are there other possible reasons for that? my conflux shouldnt influece my dmg at all right?

Hi.

1. No way to track Pendulum. It has no buff icon which is odd. But you don't have to "wait" for it to do anything. Just pretend it's not there and do what you gonna do.
2. Check if the boss is "immune to ignite". Besides, EO, curses, EE, Pendulum all affect the dmg. Pendulum is a nice bonus but it won't give 10x multiplier on its own. Conflux can give shock on most bosses which can boost your dmg, but again, not 10x higher.

mhm well i was testing on minotaur so no ignite immunity.
also with the OoS setup u basicly always have all ur curses plus ee plus eo on him as soon it hits once and for the shock i use vaal lightning trap anyway so the conflux shouldnt matter at all right? im just so confused as to how much different the dmg is all the time.
"

LEVEL 28

dont use this. This is sux when you dont have dual totem setup.
Also , damage does not scale well with witch's passive route.
Stick with Firestorm + Flame totem
1 or 2 cast of firestorm then place flame totem then walk away. Flame totem should be able clear out the remaining mobs.

Also, I do not recommend any curse aura till late game. You need that extra mana for more casting or use Flammability instead of T.C.
my 2 cent.
Okay, maybe a silly question, but... wouldn't it be more beneficial to drop Beacon of Ruin and use a Prolifertion gem instead? Since damage is not an issue, 16 radius with 20% less damage > 12 radius for free?

Generally, elementalist seems rather meh to me. Shaper seems redundant since we get shock from VLT, Ignite from flameblast, and don't care about freeze. Liege is awesome, of course... but if we got prolif from the gem, going elementalist just for the golems would be meh. Not a big fan of pendulum, it's so sketchy.

Wondering if occultist for +1 curse and more ES wouldn't be better. Profane Bloom, Malediction, Wicked Ward, Vile Bastion. We lose some cast speed and damage from Liege + Prolif gem, but gain a lot of ES and free up a ring slot thanks to Malediction. Or even go Inquisitor instead.

Yes? No? Maybe? Lobster?
a noob question maybe, but its good build for new league to leveling and farm atziris / uber ?
"
N4Z wrote:
"

LEVEL 28

dont use this. This is sux when you dont have dual totem setup.
Also , damage does not scale well with witch's passive route.
Stick with Firestorm + Flame totem
1 or 2 cast of firestorm then place flame totem then walk away. Flame totem should be able clear out the remaining mobs.

Also, I do not recommend any curse aura till late game. You need that extra mana for more casting or use Flammability instead of T.C.
my 2 cent.

What about Spell Totem - Firestorm - Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction instead of plain Flame Totem?
It seems 2.5 doesn't change a thing about this build. Welcome to enjoy it for another fruitful league!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info