[2.5 Video Guide] Assassin Blade Vortex End-Game Build & Uber Farmer! [HC/SC]

"
Would like to see someone's lvl 90 tree.

Here you go:

However I did a few changes to the original builds tree.
For example I exchanged the node Soul Siphon with Mind Drinker. I also removed Written in Blood and all the unnecessary nodes around it for another Power Charge Duration node at Infused and allocated Occultist's Dominion. Also removed the node Shaper.

"
de99ial wrote:
Orb of Storms.

Yeah, Orb of Storms has to be cast manually though. I'm to lazy for that. :(

I'm currently trying out what Kaizerbgr wrote about exchanging Controlled Destruction with Power Charge on Critical Support instead. If it works out in the long run I could remove the then unecessary CWDT setup and would have a three link open for something else. Perhaps Leap + Fortify?

Last edited by Songworks on Mar 11, 2017, 8:21:19 AM
"
Songworks wrote:
"
Would like to see someone's lvl 90 tree.

Here you go:

However I did a few changes to the original builds tree.
For example I exchanged the node Soul Siphon with Mind Drinker. I also removed Written in Blood and all the unnecessary nodes around it for another Power Charge Duration node at Infused and allocated Occultist's Dominion. Also removed the node Shaper.

"
de99ial wrote:
Orb of Storms.

Yeah, Orb of Storms has to be cast manually though. I'm to lazy for that. :(

I'm currently trying out what Kaizerbgr wrote about exchanging Controlled Destruction with Power Charge on Critical Support instead. If it works out in the long run I could remove the then unecessary CWDT setup and would have a three link open for something else. Perhaps Leap + Fortify?

You do take a lot fewer mana nodes (Deep thoughts, Shaper, Soul Siphon, energy shield & mana regeneration) on your build; how is your mana? Does Mind Drinker work with BV?

I considered going your route with the Power Charge Duration, but later grabbing just the 2 points to Written in Blood. 10 STR and 15% ES for 2 points isn't bad.

You also didn't go for nimbleness.

Interesting take. I'm fiddling around with different paths. Hoping I can grab extra str/dex so I can remove physique and alacrity.

Here is my build, currently going for the top jewel node then Cruel Preparation:
"
TeslaTrain wrote:

You do take a lot fewer mana nodes (Deep thoughts, Shaper, Soul Siphon, energy shield & mana regeneration) on your build; how is your mana? Does Mind Drinker work with BV?

In combat, mana never is and never should be a problem with this build regardless. Outside of combat, with my tree I can get the BV stack up to ten before running out of mana. But a second later I'd be in combat again anyway. So I figured this works out.

And honestly, so far Mind Drinker makes no difference over Soul Siphon beyond having less maximum mana. The Warlord's Mark curse already adds more than enough mana leech. I suppose the extra mana leech from Mind Drinker might help with Hexproof monsters or maps. But I had no problems with mana there before either, so yeah...

"
TeslaTrain wrote:

I considered going your route with the Power Charge Duration, but later grabbing just the 2 points to Written in Blood. 10 STR and 15% ES for 2 points isn't bad.

Good idea!
As far as I remember, I dropped Written in Blood at level 86 or so in favour of the ES nodes at Deep Wisdom. The first two nodes there give 16% ES and 10% ES recharge. Felt like a reasonable exchange in addition to one more skillpoint otherwise 'wasted' on a +10 intelligence.

"
TeslaTrain wrote:

You also didn't go for nimbleness.

That's part of the original build. It was explained in the video, I think.
If I remember correctly: Nimbleness is only useful on lower levels but eventually in combat you'll have no problems keeping up a full BV stack, rendering the 12% cast speed obsolete. The 4% movement speed is too little to justify three skill points and the stun protection is already covered by Kiara's Determination Silver Flask.
Last edited by Songworks on Mar 11, 2017, 6:01:26 PM
"
Songworks wrote:

That's part of the original build. It was explained in the video, I think.
If I remember correctly: Nimbleness is only useful on lower levels but eventually in combat you'll have no problems keeping up a full BV stack, rendering the 12% cast speed obsolete. The 4% movement speed is too little to justify three skill points and the stun protection is already covered by Kiara's Determination Silver Flask.

Ahhh, thanks for the reply. Tree is looking a lot better now. I just got one Energy from within and now looking to buy a Kiara's before I get my second jewel.

What is your flask line? I feel like Jade would be better defensively than a Stibnite, but I like having 3 uses of the Stibnite for bleed removal.

Currently I'm using Stibnite, Basalt, Overflowing Chalice, Quicksilver, then the last is filled with a ringer depending on map.
My flask setup:
1. Sulphur flask - remove chill and freeze - I use this constantly for 40% dmg increase
2. Granite - remove bleed
3. Quicksilver - I can't live without these flasks on my chars
4. Stibnite - remove curses
5. Mana - 'cause I don't have anything else to place here. Used to pump up BV stacks before boss or big essence monsters.
"
Songworks wrote:

I switched for added fire dmg.
"
TeslaTrain wrote:

What is your flask line? I feel like Jade would be better defensively than a Stibnite, but I like having 3 uses of the Stibnite for bleed removal.

My current flasks are:
Surgeon's Sulphur Flask of Staunching (20% charge on Critical & Bleeding)
Surgeon's Basalt Flask of Heat (20% charge on Critical & Freezing)
Taste of Hate
Kiara's Determination
Experimenter's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline (Duration & Movement Speed)

Until recently I used a Diamond Flask (lucky critical chance, same affixes) instead of the Sulphur Flask. But with the BV setup described by Kaizerbgr, I already got enough critical chance to get full power charges within a second of combat. Still haven't tested it on high level maps though.
I still use orb with pcoc and don't have any power charge issues. I also use added fire over controlled though might switch back. Only have a 5-link so maybe put controlled back in when I get a 6L.

Here is my tree at 87:
Been considering using Flame Golem or Chaos Golem instead of Lightning. I might make up a little cast speed with the jewel slot by vaal pact later. Now to try and get 4 red rolls on an ES piece...

Sitting at 9.8k ES and 1,600 BV flat damage (no hatred/golem, no charges, no stacks).

EDIT* Oh and if you get your Leo to level 3 you can craft a prefix on rings that allows your energy shield to start recharging quicker. Pretty helpful!
Last edited by TeslaTrain on Mar 12, 2017, 2:13:27 PM
I really like this build, and i've done maps till tier 10 just fine. I wonder what the normal dps tooltip is for u guys without any special uniques, since they are to expensive atm in legacy league. And how much crit rate u have. Just to have something to compare my dps to.
"
Grimstarz wrote:
I really like this build, and i've done maps till tier 10 just fine. I wonder what the normal dps tooltip is for u guys without any special uniques, since they are to expensive atm in legacy league. And how much crit rate u have. Just to have something to compare my dps to.

Well, a Diviniarius Imperial Skean is a budget alternative to Void Battery Prophecy Wand, so I'll use it for this example.

My character got following boni from all items (that influence damage):
24% physical damage
105% spell damage
82% critical strike chance
100% critical strike chance for spells

Aura: Hatred, Warlord's Mark & Discipline

Casts per second: 3.66
Critical chance: 34.02% (edit: ~80% on full power charge)

Build gem setup 4L: 2244.81 damage
Spoiler
Blade Vortex + Spell Echo + Controlled Destruction + Increased Critical Damage

Build gem setup 5L: 2960.22 damage
Spoiler
Blade Vortex + Spell Echo + Controlled Destruction + Increased Critical Damage + Added Fire Damage

Build gem setup 6L for bosses: 4570.36 damage
Spoiler
Blade Vortex + Spell Echo + Controlled Destruction + Increased Critical Damage + Added Fire Damage + Concentrated Effect

Last edited by Songworks on Mar 13, 2017, 10:03:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info