[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
Rise15 wrote:
I need help! I got like 5ex and I dont know what better to buy cause i need more dmg...Add a arrow quiver or wait for 6l queen at 8ex??

I think getting 6L For barrage to add void manipulation adds a lot of DPS.
MFJonesHC
"
dankNstein wrote:
Had another question, how important is the physical roll on the reach? Is it worth worth spamming divines? Kind of tempted but would rather put alot of currency to trying to fill the rest of my atlas out (red maps are getting pricey). Not sure how much a difference trying to go from a medium roll to a high roll would make.

Also, any part of my gear you think needs the biggest upgrade? I know the glove colors aren't ideal I have another pair that I link frenzy to faster attacks with, was just trying these gloves out for a free assassins mark when I start some bosses. I really want to do Uber Atziri, but honestly atm I'm afraid to rip an exalt on the mortal pieces if my gears not ready. I'm level 88 with 5.9k hp atm. Would a additional arrow drillneck be the best upgrade possible for me? Not 100% sure if I'm currently down to spend 4-5 exalts on it but if it is a huge boost then I will definitely start saving currency for one.

Edit : Just tried Uber Atziri, dropped my vaal lightning traps and tried to go to town with all buffs up but vaal sank into the ground at about 25% hp then I got overrun by 2x Vaals. Couldn't recover. Guess I'll try again when I'm around 92 and get a bit more hp and my gems go from lvl 19-20. Rip mortal set ><, Killed a t15 corrupted rigwald in the Dark Forest map (50% more hp, more crit + crit multi, power charges mod)with 0 problems but this one gave me a run for its money.

Hi, it doesnt matter that much and definetely is a luxurious thing to do, and your roll is average enough to keep it like that.

Lol, i was just about to answer your post when i saw your edit.
I was about to write that your gear is amazing already and you should stop through uber with no issues, but okay :D What jewels/Flasks are you using ?
If you can get one ring with 25-30% chaos damage from the essence with an open prefix to craft addded chaos, that would be a big upgrade. A level 21 added chaos also is great. Other than that, you cant do much more. %Chaos damage jewlry and the +1 arrow drillneck is the only real upgrade left.

maybe with more levels you have more HP and can try uber again. It is tough at start, alot more difficult than T15 map bosses as you said. Decoy totem helps alot, and you need to have quick reactions and good decision making. Uber Atziri is very unforgiving. You'll need to do it a few times i guess to get used to it, dont give up yet !

"
MFJones wrote:
Doing the build on ESC. This is a great build. Last time I played a lightning arrow build was in Tempest league and the DPS and clear speed was not even close. Reach of the council is truly OP, all other unique bows don't even come close anymore.

Very fun build with fast movement speed and generally better survivability than the average bow build.

Thanks for sharing, this build is MFJones approved.

Haha thank you, that is quite some title, "MFJones approved." :D I am glad you like it :D

"
lobsterzilla wrote:
I didn't see if it's been Adressed....I'm pretty broke but I have a doomfletch's prisim (the upgraded version). Can I use that as my budget bow in this build until I can get a reach??

Nope, as I said, you can start out with Deaths Harp for leveling, and a Lioneye's Glare Imperial Bow for map starting. Both cost 1 chaos.

"
CosmicMidget wrote:
I must say this is THE BEST build i have played until now. Very balanced, fun and strong.

Good gear is kinda expensive, but it's worth it.

I'm struggling a little with my resists(just a few % overcapped) but that aside i'm totally in love.

Thank you.

Thanks ! That is my impression too. The versitality of this build is unmatched atm.

"
Rise15 wrote:
I need help! I got like 5ex and I dont know what better to buy cause i need more dmg...Add a arrow quiver or wait for 6l queen at 8ex??

I guess you need more damage for barrage ? Then get a 6L. You can also post your gear if you want more detailed help.

"
GGZII wrote:

RIP omg just saw it on reddit :( BTW vinktars is not that great you should get a better flask :P
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by dankNstein on Jul 17, 2020, 6:15:59 AM
I've been playing bow-builds right from the beginning and i have to admit: I've barely seen a build that's been more impressing than this one. I am in to this build for a week so far and got to say: Lovin' it!

Clearspeed is amazing while still feeling incredibly strong versus single targets. On top of that, this build provides a lot of options in terms of modifications that can be done based on personal preferences. I am trying out the Arrow Dancing/Enfeeble-Blasphemy version right now and really like it. But I am not sure wether or not it is worth switching from the standard AA-Setup.

For everyone who is about to start this build: Use Snakebite as soon as possible. Leveling becomes amazingly smooth once you are able to handle Bloodrage combined with the gloves.
With how poison mechanics work and the double dipping I think this bow build actually has the highest single target DPS.
MFJonesHC
Will give this a try....think this is all I searched for. :)

tanky, mobility, clearspeed.....and at least found a cool name for the character (the hardest thing at least :D )

Called him "Silvarex"

Silva = forest on latin

rex = king on latin

Took me hours to decide between Shadow and Marauder...but choosed Shadow @ the end, even with the knowledge that I will die a lot with him (bcs I'm not the best player :) ).....but YOLO. ;)

Planed to start a MF Build first but heard that this shouldn't be the real deal and better to start a main build.

The next problem will be how to get "Reach of the Council" (2EX atm)....but we'll see. ;)

What bow can I use instead of it till I get one?
Last edited by CroDanZ on Sep 27, 2016, 9:22:11 AM
Hey man ... sry If you have already explained this, I couldn't find anything though. In the marauder version back in 2.3 Atziri's promise was our best friend, why is it not among the recommended flasks now?
!! NEW VIDEOS ADDED !!

I uploaded a superhard T16 Phoenix Map run + boss kill to show how op the build is even in the hardest of maps.

Another video: Hydra boss fight. She is poison immune. I was still able to kill her deathless, because even wihtout poison, the dps is very good. Also a fun fight to do, lots of dodging :D

"
MFJones wrote:
With how poison mechanics work and the double dipping I think this bow build actually has the highest single target DPS.

might be true - with a wither spell totem (thanks to Freshour !!) I am having INSANE deeps now against shaper. Fully buffed with flasks, I was able to drop 50% of his HP in one ~5second burst (while he was doing his kamehameh) just sick ! I will upload a video on it soon.

Boots I use for shaper fight now ( I remove vaal haste from the helmet and dont use golem to use auras in other slots)

It adds ALOT of single target damage if you need it - highly recommended !!

"
CroDanZ wrote:
Will give this a try....think this is all I searched for. :)

tanky, mobility, clearspeed.....and at least found a cool name for the character (the hardest thing at least :D )

Called him "Silvarex"

Silva = forest on latin

rex = king on latin

Took me hours to decide between Shadow and Marauder...but choosed Shadow @ the end, even with the knowledge that I will die a lot with him (bcs I'm not the best player :) ).....but YOLO. ;)

Planed to start a MF Build first but heard that this shouldn't be the real deal and better to start a main build.

The next problem will be how to get "Reach of the Council" (2EX atm)....but we'll see. ;)

What bow can I use instead of it till I get one?

Hehe, nice latin :D Shadow is similarly tanky than marauder - you have extra AA and you dont get the "10% increased damage taken" from Aspect of Carnage - which is kind of a downside to marauder.

Edit: If you can't afford Reach of the Council, you can start with a Lioneye's Glare Bow, it costs 1 Chaos and will carry you all the way to T11 maps.

"
Spasko wrote:
Hey man ... sry If you have already explained this, I couldn't find anything though. In the marauder version back in 2.3 Atziri's promise was our best friend, why is it not among the recommended flasks now?

Well the flask is good to use still. There is just so many other good options.

Good damage Flasks:
Diamond Flask
Atziri's Promise
Sulphur Flask
Witchfire Brew

Good defensive Flasks:
Basalt Flask
Taste of Hate
Stibnite Flask
Life Flask

Movespeed/Clearspeed Flasks:
Silver Flask
Dying Sun
Jade Flask
Stibnite Flask
Any "of Reflexes" Flask
Any Quicksilver of Adrenaline

Pick any you like best, or just copy my setup.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Sep 27, 2016, 10:45:56 AM
One more thing...isn't the decoy totem good anymore, bcs can't see it on ur vids?

Spell totem/wither the better deal @ endgame?

But ur right, decoy totem makes the life so much easier....especially @ bosses. ;)
Never used it before....was a big mistake. :P

GZ to the Hydra kill btw. :)
Last edited by CroDanZ on Sep 27, 2016, 11:50:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info