[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
AboveAverage wrote:
Level 84, just spent my entire chaos pool (140) on a Reach and EHC and died to the boss on the Racetrack map. He cast some buff apparently that reflects phys and I was wailing on him with Barrage and died instantly. 5.5k life and Immortal Call didn't proc off the reflect. Time to find a new build

fucking rekt m8

MFJonesHC
"
MFJones wrote:
"
AboveAverage wrote:
Level 84, just spent my entire chaos pool (140) on a Reach and EHC and died to the boss on the Racetrack map. He cast some buff apparently that reflects phys and I was wailing on him with Barrage and died instantly. 5.5k life and Immortal Call didn't proc off the reflect. Time to find a new build

fucking rekt m8

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ cant help a guy with that attitude :D

Guys I finished writing the guide, you might want to check everything out. I added lots of tips&tricks aswell. Let me know if you want something else covered, or something is not understandable. Also you can request videos :D
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
A question about Snakebite - you say the poison on enemies is so important but I've always wondered what determines the amount of that poison damage? How can I check its actual numbers?
How about a pair of rare gloves or even facebreakers (crit multi) or Maligaro's or maybe even Atziri's Acuity instead of the Snakebite gloves and put a Voidheart in a ring slot which would allow you to drop the Frenzy and more convenient to play.
Hi,

Thank's for your build! Is very fun & strong!

I'm just level 68 but it will quickly ride...

Barrage: 6180 Dps Unbuff
LA: 8949 Dps Unbuff
3,7k Life
14087 Eva

My gear

Spoiler

I try 6L my other Queen,but after 500+ fusings it stays capricious =)

Edit: After 140 fuses sup'

Spoiler

=)

Thank's again!
Last edited by vick666 on Sep 25, 2016, 12:18:34 PM
"
cmphx wrote:
"
MFJones wrote:
"
AboveAverage wrote:

fucking rekt m8

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ cant help a guy with that attitude :D

Guys I finished writing the guide, you might want to check everything out. I added lots of tips&tricks aswell. Let me know if you want something else covered, or something is not understandable. Also you can request videos :D

Hello, some questions about Passive Skill Tree,
Why u decide to not get Dirty Techniques? and fatal toxins in this build?
"
Beastoeast wrote:
How about a pair of rare gloves or even facebreakers (crit multi) or Maligaro's or maybe even Atziri's Acuity instead of the Snakebite gloves and put a Voidheart in a ring slot which would allow you to drop the Frenzy and more convenient to play.

Voidheart simply doesn't work with a bow build. (30 to 50)% Chance to cause Bleeding on Melee Hit
(20 to 40)% Chance to cause Poison on Melee Hit
"
Spasko wrote:
A question about Snakebite - you say the poison on enemies is so important but I've always wondered what determines the amount of that poison damage? How can I check its actual numbers?

I've included a poison damage calculation in the main post. It is not shown in any tooltip and hard to calculate, so you need to do alot of math to see if its good or not on your build.

"
Beastoeast wrote:

voidheart is melee only, so it will not work. However you can use a poison gem, but then you kinda want 2x 6L setup to get the GG damage output.

"
wnvsp1r1t1 wrote:

Hello, some questions about Passive Skill Tree,
Why u decide to not get Dirty Techniques? and fatal toxins in this build?

Hi, it requires alot of passive point investmment and is not that good. You can get the same amount of damage with a witchfire brew flask. The damage is enough already, and all you want is more Life in the end. The build tries to only stack damage that applies to both the inital arrow damage, and the poison damage, so we try to get as much projectile damage, chaos damage, general increased damage, and not the get the ones that do not double dip.

Updated the guide again with small changes and a detailed poison damage rundown.
"
cmphx wrote:
"
AboveAverage wrote:

lmao. that boss casts a 100% reflect aura that reflects all incoming damage. you would have died with any build that is not trap or totems ... dont blame the build if you dont understand the mechanics.

Oh, I think you misunderstood me. My frustration comes from farming a GG bow, and never really getting to use it for more than a day, and the mechanics of Barrage. ie. Even if I saw the boss cast that aura (He was offscreen hitting my totem) there is literally nothing I could have done as my barrage had like 20 arrows already in the air.

and I'm not "blaming the build". I just don't play the same thing twice in a league, that is all.

The build itself was super fun, not the quickest to level but after level 80 once I started buying the massive upgrades like drillneck, Reach, etc. or speccing into 100% pierce, my damage was starting to ramp up A LOT. I had 20k+ tooltip Lightning arrow buffed so it was starting to rape packs.
Last edited by AboveAverage on Sep 25, 2016, 2:01:49 PM
"
AboveAverage wrote:

Oh, I think you misunderstood me. My frustration comes from farming a GG bow, and never really getting to use it for more than a day, and the mechanics of Barrage. ie. Even if I saw the boss cast that aura (He was offscreen hitting my totem) there is literally nothing I could have done as my barrage had like 20 arrows already in the air.

and I'm not "blaming the build". I just don't play the same thing twice in a league, that is all.

The build itself was super fun, not the quickest to level but after level 80 once I started buying the massive upgrades like drillneck, Reach, etc. or speccing into 100% pierce, my damage was starting to ramp up A LOT. I had 20k+ tooltip Lightning arrow buffed so it was starting to rape packs.

hey woops im sorry for the missunderstanding xD to me it sounded like "RIP that was crap i need a better build"

Racecourse is a pretty frustrating boss, i died twice to them too but luckily im in SC. GL with your next build !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info