[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

Hey!

Been playing different variants of Earthquake the last four-five months or so after falling in love with the Atziri's Disfavour. My original love in PoE was ranged and I mostly played Poison Arrow at first, then a lot with pre-nerf Voltaxic.

This build has been amazingly fun and I'm again hooked to my ranged character. Being in Standard I managed to get my hands on a legacy-Reach and it absolutely wrecks.

Ofcourse, not being so good at the buildmaking myself I am now looking at some tips for what to improve on. This is my gear atm:

Spoiler

What I'm mostly looking at is maybe buying the Dying Sun flask. Also swapping back to the QoTF ofcourse, but even with the Cospri's I've managed to comfortably take down the Phoenix boss atleast.

Also, how good is the Barrage enchant? There is a Devoto's with +2 additional Barrage projectiles. Would this and a +1 arrow drillneck make a night&day difference for the build or is it just a bit more "overkill" dps? Looking for some tips, thank you for the build though, it's been a blast.
Been really enjoying this build so far. The beauty of this build is that it doesn't require a ton of damage nodes to work as we let the chaos damage scaling to do the work. This frees up lots of nodes and more choices for us to use them.

A different setup from cmphx's with the use of Cospri's Will, and is a hybrid between cmphx's and Devillz' builds.

CW bypasses the need to maintain frenzy charges as we only need to curse enemies to poison.

In my current setup, vulnerability is connected to blasphemy so short range targets get automatically poisoned.

To build Power charges quickly, assassin's mark is connected to herald of ice and curse on hit, this curses off screen enemies and pretty much guarantees critical hits against those targets. With 5 charges, I have 87% Crit chance (plus 8% from AM).

I plan to acquire a pair of vulnerability on hit gloves soon, which will allow some more flexibility in cursing targets.

In quite sure that my clear speed is nowhere near the level of the OP build, but not worrying about frenzy charges (and reduced frenzy duration) might be worth the extra minute per map.

I'm really enjoying this build and my thanks goes to cmphx for designing a great guide.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Sep 25, 2016, 9:14:07 PM
Should I use a rare helm with The "+2 Barrage Projectiles" or a Devotos without?
"
GGZII wrote:
Should I use a rare helm with The "+2 Barrage Projectiles" or a Devotos without?

+2 proj helmet is only needed for insane bosses, so you can swap your helmet only for that.

for mapping i recommend devotos.

Farmed the shaper a bit guys, I got da sword :)

RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by dankNstein on Jul 17, 2020, 6:16:41 AM
Doing the build on ESC. This is a great build. Last time I played a lightning arrow build was in Tempest league and the DPS and clear speed was not even close. Reach of the council is truly OP, all other unique bows don't even come close anymore.

My Gear

Stats in Hideout, no buffs
11.5k DPS Lightning arrow 5L
7k DPS Barrage 6L

Gems not maxed level yet

Very fun build with fast movement speed and generally better survivability than the average bow build.

Thanks for sharing, this build is MFJones approved.
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Sep 26, 2016, 9:43:44 AM
//web.poecdn.com/image/Art/2DItems/Weapons/TwoHandWeapons/Bows/BowOfTheCouncil.png?scale=1&w=2&h=4&v=ecb677fbcbc747a46df9fa5e1e9199523
Last edited by Rise15 on Sep 26, 2016, 1:22:37 PM
I didn't see if it's been Adressed....I'm pretty broke but I have a doomfletch's prisim (the upgraded version). Can I use that as my budget bow in this build until I can get a reach??
I must say this is THE BEST build i have played until now. Very balanced, fun and strong.

Good gear is kinda expensive, but it's worth it.

I'm struggling a little with my resists(just a few % overcapped) but that aside i'm totally in love.

Thank you.

I need help! I got like 5ex and I dont know what better to buy cause i need more dmg...Add a arrow quiver or wait for 6l queen at 8ex??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info